• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some recommendations on building a 300 wm?

TDH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
metro Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I'd like to build a 300 win mag or 300 wsm in a AICS 2.0 chasis. It will most likely see most of it's action at 600 yards but will shoot 1000 occasionally. I've built my share of gas guns but never a bolt gun. I wouldn't mind using a Rem 700 barreled action or a FN XBR barreled action. I'm open to any suggestions. Are there any good tutorials on building a bolt gun out there?

I'd like to budget the rifle without glass at around 2500 but I'm somewhat flexible with the funds available.

I've done gas guns, Saiga conversions, and stuff like that but never a bolt gun.

Thanks

Re: Need some recommendations on building a 300 wm

I have a Rem 700 police sitting in a mcmillan a4 stock, badger base and rings, and a nightforce 8-32x56 NPRR reticle. I like it, though I don't get to shoot it much. Recoil is quite fierce, although the heavy stock takes a big chunk of the abuse. I was considering throwing on a muzzle brake. Accuracy is ok, although I have yet to shoot good match ammo thru it. Hopefully by the fall, I will have started pressing my own 190 gr loads for it. Until then, I am busy w/ my .308s and .223s.