• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need Some Suggestions on Scope Alignment/Tracking

77Bronc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2006
Louisiana
I have my USO zeroed at 100 yards and was doing some tracking exercises and was shooting at the bottom of a gridded target and came up 1 mil at a time and I was tracking at an angle...

When I leveled the scope I used an electronic level, Bealle Tool Company, that is real accurate and I had the scope as level as the tool would do...checking as I was torquing up the rings for torque twist.

I will go back again this weekend and try again, but i can see if you are off ever so slight on the angular alignment, tracking left or right is inevitable....

Any suggestions or has anyone encountered this before?

Re: Need Some Suggestions on Scope Alignment/Tracking

First this is, are you leveling the erector or the reticle? Id you level off the flat at teh bottom of the erector cell, the ADJUSTMENTS will be level. The reticle may appear canted if it is not square to the adjustments.

I dial more than I hold, so I want the adjustments to be square, then if the reticle is too far off to use, the scope goes back for repair.

Re: Need Some Suggestions on Scope Alignment/Tracking

Cory,

I am putting the level on the rail and then zeroing the electronic level and the placing on the square of the turrent housing and going from there.....

Let me rethink this and scratch something...I may hang a plumb bob and see what I have, may get an ACD set up on the scope to verify...

Thanks,