• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Stock/Chassis Advice for Origin Builds

bigfaus

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2023
Pennsylvania
So I'm looking at doing two seperate builds both of an Origin Action.

Build 1 is for hunting 6.5 Creedmoor with a proof carbon prefit barrel. I'm looking for advice and suggestions from those that have used the following stocks/Chassis. Have it narrowed down to the following:

MDT Hnt26 Chassis
Manners LRH with mini Chassis
XLR 4.0 Magnesium

Build 2 is a PRS/ long range plinking Build. Origin action, 6 Creed proof stainless Palma. Looking for advice on the following chassis/stocks.

Foundations Genesiss
KRG Whiskey 3
MPA Comp Chassis

Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have an origin in an XLR 4.0 MG with a folder. I use it for NRL hunter matches, and I really like it. I had an LRH for bit, but I didn’t like not having full length arca and the grip angle on it. The full length arca is now an option for it though. I think my XLR weighs about 35-37 oz and the MDT setup the same way saves maybe an ounce or two. Once you start adding spacers, the weight adds up quickly. I like how the XLR also has a bag rider you can put on it, but spacers on the MDT for LOP provide similar functionality. I think the XLR works better in general for positional shooting since it has a full length flat underside with a magwell you can drive into some.

I have a KRG w3 enclosed fore end folder on my PRS rifle, and I have had that for a few years. I love it and don’t see any reason to ever switch from it. Switching from that to the XLR was a lot easier than the manners. I run the angled grip and thumb rest on the XLR, and it gives me a perfect trigger finger purchase. The KRG I run the large grips, and I still get very good trigger purchase with it. I like not having the gap from the bag rider to the grip like the ACC and MPA ba comp. I think mostly it depends on your preference of stock/chassis and available features.

IMG_3302.jpeg

IMG_3296.jpeg

I have an origin in an XLR 4.0 MG with a folder. I use it for NRL hunter matches, and I really like it. I had an LRH for bit, but I didn’t like not having full length arca and the grip angle on it. The full length arca is now an option for it though. I think my XLR weighs about 35-37 oz and the MDT setup the same way saves maybe an ounce or two. Once you start adding spacers, the weight adds up quickly. I like how the XLR also has a bag rider you can put on it, but spacers on the MDT for LOP provide similar functionality. I think the XLR works better in general for positional shooting since it has a full length flat underside with a magwell you can drive into some.

I have a KRG w3 enclosed fore end folder on my PRS rifle, and I have had that for a few years. I love it and don’t see any reason to ever switch from it. Switching from thatto the XLR was a lot easier than the manners. I run the angled grip and thumb rest on the XLR, and it gives me a perfect trigger finger purchase. The KRG I run the large grips, and I still get very good trigger purchase with it. I like not having the gap from the bag rider to the grip like the ACC and MPA ba comp. I think mostly it depends on your preference of stock/chassis and available features.

View attachment 8171898

View attachment 8171899
Thank you for the feedback. Love the look of your whiskey chassis. Unfortunately their is no where local to me where I can check then out.

I built a 6.5 CM (Nucleus, not Origin) with a Proof CF on a Manners CS-2... and would again on a T2 or LRH if it were just for my own use. I greatly prefer stocks generally.... so that's a largely personal thing. I've moved through a fair amount of brush hunting and I do appreciate having fewer places for twigs, branches, vines, etc. to find themselves inconveniently wedged/ensnared. I also appreciate material that's not metal, obvous reasons. ;-)