• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need suggestions for dual mount for SLC binos and Terrapin X.

Dthomas3523

Account no longer active
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    I have a leofoto 364c with leofoto 55 ball head.

Going to run Swaro SLC 15x bino and terrapin x ranger.

Looking for suggestions on a setup that will let mount them both at same time.

Thanks

Thanks
    Can you post photos of the ball head? I've made up a few of these and may be able to come up with something. Here's a
    IMG_5145.JPG
    photo of my spotter/rangefinders/camera double tripod. The tripod, head, & ball head are Manfroto; there's some Ram stuff in there as well as Swiss Arca QR gizmos. It all quick connects/disconnects.

Attachments

• IMG_5141.JPG
      IMG_5141.JPG
      430.6 KB · Views: 39
    OK fellas; help me out here. Is there anything in these two photos that's not to like? Wait! Maybe the wind-bent umbrella clothesline? Gorgeous gear and gorgeous views; very nice.

Reactions: eatmyfly

Thanks
    Check out the mub

Or Henderson Precision

cinema.reallyrightstuff.com/Rails-for-Cinema?quantity=1&custcol28=8&custcol29=1

I am running the 10.6” (270MM) I wouldn’t go shorter, both your optics are wide enough you want room to operate them. With all the threaded holes it is extremely versatile

Reactions: Dthomas3523
    There's a lot of extra wide Arca style plates out there for stereo photography, etc. that will do this. I'm using one from Amazon that was under $30 and it works very well. If you want to stick with RRS quality, they have the one Detroit mentioned.

I have a similar setup to Detroit. Bought a $30 arca Bar from Amazon that has a built in clamp on one side and I got a ball head on the other. Put my terrapin x on one side and binos/spotter on the other.

I have a similar setup to Detroit. Bought a $30 arca Bar from Amazon that has a built in clamp on one side and I got a ball head on the other. Put my terrapin x on one side and binos/spotter on the other.

You know what would go really well with that setup right?

I'll just throw this in for anyone with Picatinny options and would like to co-witness a LRF with a spotter reticle - very handy little device.

Thanks
    Give Todd Henderson a call - shot with him again this weekend.. he has top notch stuff.

Last edited:
    Trying this lil guy for 10 bucks both zeroed together at 500. So far it's working great for my needs.

20190420_164058.jpg

20190420_164050.jpg

Well.....shit.

For someone reason the RRS website won’t allow me to put a cinema rail in cart.

Anyone have a suggestion (preferably amazon since I have prime) for a cheap 10”-12” rail?

Needs to be arca and have threaded 1/4”x20 holes so I can mount two RRS micro ballheads.

Well.....shit.

Anyone have a suggestion (preferably amazon since I have prime) for a cheap 10”-12” rail?

Needs to be arca and have threaded 1/4”x20 holes so I can mount two RRS micro ballheads.

Exactly what I just bought.

HITHUT PU-200 200mm Universal Lengthened Quick Release Plate Dual Dovetail Macro Slide Rail with D-Ring Screw for Tripod Ball Head DSLR Camera, Arca-Swiss Compatible https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4CGK7R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CGLVCb02TTJ9R

Well.....shit.

I really prefer the RRS stuff. Hit up https://www.hejnarphotostore.com and see if they have what you are looking for in a pinch.

Should np.

Here is what your working with underneath. The middle threaded portion can be adjusted up and down quite a bit so should have plenty of room.

20190422_181644.jpg

20190422_181724.jpg

@Dthomas3523 @TacticalDillhole just clear your cache and cookies and try again. We have some new products available that are familiar so we have been playing with listings lately which can screw things up. If it doesn’t work call my direct number tomorrow during the day and I’ll order it for you 385-248-0800 Michael

Thanks!

Quick question, do you guys have an adapter plate that would allow the microphone ballhead the be used in a RRS/arca clamp?

I am a little confused by your question, apologies. Can you elaborate more?

No problem. I want this micro ballhead to fit into an arca clamp (such as the on on a ballhead or gamer plate).

Basically, I need a dovetail plate with a female 1/4”x20 threads

Yes we have plates and clamps with female threads, also we have a reduced bushing as well if you’d prefer a clamp style that uses the bigger style of threads. Get infront of a computer tomorrow and give me a call and we can go through the listings of different products to find you the proper porridge.

Yes we have plates and clamps with female threads, also we have a reduced bushing as well if you’d prefer a clamp style that uses the bigger style of threads. Get infront of a computer tomorrow and give me a call and we can go through the listings of different products to find you the proper porridge.

Awesome, will do.

Sent a pm with pics of the two pieces I’m trying to attach.

Thanks!

Be careful, many of the plates on Amazon are not 1.5” dovetail and will not lock up 100% in the RRS clamp..

I’ll get a pic of it once all the parts are here.

What I ended up with:

Gray Ops Dual dovetail clamp gamer plate that will be on top of leofoto ballhead

(For binos) outdoorsman stud and stand. With a dovetail adapter

(For terrapin) RRS terrapin dovetail plate > RRS micro ballhead > RRS dovetail plate

My plan is to use the base ballhead to align binos and then use the mini ballhead on the plate to co-witness the terrapin.

Reactions: Sheldon N
    Gamer plate is actually a pretty clean and fairly compact setup.

Attachments

• 286058A0-1D90-44D2-897B-B5734563B0C9.jpeg
      286058A0-1D90-44D2-897B-B5734563B0C9.jpeg
      307 KB · Views: 114
    • 22F8F95E-5B06-4E01-AE44-DEA8A1AA3798.jpeg
      22F8F95E-5B06-4E01-AE44-DEA8A1AA3798.jpeg
      271.1 KB · Views: 117
    • 3401EA8D-1EF3-4005-94E8-ECF32A58173B.jpeg
      3401EA8D-1EF3-4005-94E8-ECF32A58173B.jpeg
      289 KB · Views: 108
    • 57395FCD-1BD3-490E-8A34-6C028E9B308C.jpeg
      57395FCD-1BD3-490E-8A34-6C028E9B308C.jpeg
      296.6 KB · Views: 115
    Reactions: NorthWesterner
    Got my setup done with a 6" plate and anti-twist bar, a tall Outdoorsmans mount for the SLC 15's, and a BC-18 ballhead for the Leica 2700B. I got one of the ebay 3D printed holders for the Leica and it seems to work well enough. I can co-witness and adjust the RF to align with the binos or pick out individual targets.

The whole plate/ballhead setup including the Outdoorsmans stand weighs about 10oz. Everything locks down super solid and stable.

IMG_2945.jpg

Got my setup done with a 6" plate and anti-twist bar, a tall Outdoorsmans mount for the SLC 15's, and a BC-18 ballhead for the Leica 2700B. I got one of the ebay 3D printed holders for the Leica and it seems to work well enough. I can co-witness and adjust the RF to align with the binos or pick out individual targets.

The whole plate/ballhead setup including the Outdoorsmans stand weighs about 10oz. Everything locks down super solid and stable.

View attachment 7070554
    Looks great!
    Can you tell me more about the plate and twist bar? Were did you source it from?
    Id like to do the exact same thing, but with a Terrapin, first generation, I wonder if you though there would be enough room between a pair of 15s and the terrapin?
    Thank you

View attachment 7070554

What rail is that? I am having a hard time finding them with the M3 holes

How do you mount the BC-18 Micro Ball to the rail? Looks like it threads directly into one of the 1/4-20 slot ends?

Last edited:
    Grey ops amp plate. It holds two optics can be used as a tac table and can be attached to the rifle for added stability

Attachments

• 89F166EC-B184-4AF4-B089-53CA94ED1FC6.jpeg
      89F166EC-B184-4AF4-B089-53CA94ED1FC6.jpeg
      439.8 KB · Views: 81
    • DD551C8A-C612-414F-8291-E5EC9704D2C5.jpeg
      DD551C8A-C612-414F-8291-E5EC9704D2C5.jpeg
      501 KB · Views: 103
    Looks great!
    Can you tell me more about the plate and twist bar? Were did you source it from?
    Id like to do the exact same thing, but with a Terrapin, first generation, I wonder if you though there would be enough room between a pair of 15s and the terrapin?
    Thank you
    It’s a Hejnar 6” plate, I think their multi purpose plate. It came with the anti twist bar.

I’ve been reading that what Outdoorsmans makes (out of AZ) is really good.