• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need suggestions for new Remington stock

Pigman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
Katy, TX
I have a Remington Model 700 .25-06, I don't know what the exact model of it is. It has a traditional stock and a blued barrel. I'm not very familiar with barrel contours, it is extremely thin so I don't know if it would be classified as a standard, varmint, etc... I'm looking into buying a new stock for it and need some help. My budget is around $150-200. I want it to be as lightweight as possible and preferably have 2 sling studs so I can mount an Atlas rail without any mods. I am probably going to rebarrel it eventually with a slightly heavier contour. Any suggestions on a stock that will fit my needs and budget?

Thanks

Re: Need suggestions for new Remington stock

Sounds like a sporter barrel. I would look a bell & Carlson for the price you are looking for. good luck.

A B&C Medalist is about as close to 200 as you're gonna get unless you'd be willing to try a Boyd's laminate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pigman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Remington Model 700 .25-06, I don't know what the exact model of it is. It has a traditional stock and a blued barrel. I'm not very familiar with barrel contours, it is extremely thin so I don't know if it would be classified as a standard, varmint, etc... I'm looking into buying a new stock for it and need some help. My budget is around $150-200. I want it to be as lightweight as possible and preferably have 2 sling studs so I can mount an Atlas rail without any mods. I am probably going to rebarrel it eventually with a slightly heavier contour. Any suggestions on a stock that will fit my needs and budget?

Thanks </div></div>
What you have there is a Mountain Rifle, keep the stock you have and save your money, you wont get much for 200 bucks.

What you have there is a Mountain Rifle, keep the stock you have and save your money, you wont get much for 200 bucks.[/quote]

Agreed. What is it about your current stock that you don't like?

I picked up an HS Precision take-off for not much more than 200.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B4forever</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What you have there is a Mountain Rifle, keep the stock you have and save your money, you wont get much for 200 bucks.</div></div>

Agreed. What is it about your current stock that you don't like?[/quote]

The cheekweld on the current stock is extremely uncomfortable, it's kinda hard to explain. Also it only has one sling stud which means I would have to modify it myself to accept the Atlas rail. It's not that I'm too lazy to do it, I just don't trust myself enough to do it. Knowin' me I'll screw something up. As I said in the OP, I'm planning on moving up to a heavier contour eventually and I don't think my current stock would accept a heavier contour. I would also like to get a tan stock with the black webbing.