• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need three Handles installed.

donws2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2008
Mountain Rest, South Carolina
Anyone know of a smith that's good to go in the SC,NC,GA area that can solder on three 700/40x bolt handles to the bolt body. Would perfer as close to up state SC as possible. Thanks, Donald

Re: Need three Handles installed.

Dans40x did mine and I wouldn't hesitate one bit to send anything to him. It was top notch work and I learned a lot talking to him in the process

Dan has a major attitude problem, many here would not recommend him. I'm glad he did good work for you, i'm just putting it out there.

Dan was great to me, but I have seen him talk to others differently. Attitiude/no attitiude aside he did great work. Nathan, I have heard does great work also. I simply went with Dan because I didn't get an email back from Nathan, but I will probably try him in the future. Back to the the main topic, I say get the handle tigged by either of them. It will be way better off than silver solder in the long run. You may not actually need it welded but it doesn't hurt and cost the same so why not do it?