• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need to build a rooftop barricade

jsel10

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2014
So I've shot 2 matches so far and am hooked on prs style shooting pretty bad. Unfortunately, the rooftop barricade seems to be a major weakness of mine. I bombed that stage in both matches. As much as I hate this particular barricade it's obvious that I need to practice off of it ALOT. so I'm wondering what the proper pitch for the rooftop should be? I've watched several YouTube videos about shooting from them but they all seem to be different sizes but all seem to be pitched pretty close. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks guys.

I built my practice one at 3/12, I also used metal rpanel on mine as I had some laying around. That did add another level of fuckery to it as it can be hell not sliding down it!

I do a little bit of roofing during the weeks, and I can walk an 8 pitch no prob. Trying to stay on the 8 with rifle and gear, well, a little difficult. Probably like a 5 or 6 pitch would get you close to the average home in the US. 10+ you would not be able to get up to position to shoot. Good luck, I would like to build one also, but I currently use my shooting shed roof as practice. That's 3 pitch and metal, uncomfortable and slippery

I built one in a day... its a 7/12 pitch... Its built to be portable... Used only 1 sheet of ply...
IMG_20181014_165252474_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181015_141442949.jpg
44983983_10156633518652464_1517280652821528576_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: echo6tango