• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need To Find A Feed Ramp For A Rem. 40-x Action.

Carnivore

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2004
Great State of Texas
Can anyone point me to a supplier of feed ramps for the 40-x barreled actions that CMP sold? I thought it would have come with the feed ramp. but no dice! Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Need To Find A Feed Ramp For A Rem. 40-x Action.

Have you tried Numrich's?

http://www.e-gunparts.com/

I didn't see it listed under 40X rimfire, but that doesn't mean that they don't have it. I was able to get new hand rail for my 40XB by calling them.

I did not see it either on their site, but will try to give them a call and inquire. Anyone have any other ideas if they don't have it?

if you can't find the actual part, make yourself one from Devcon steel putty. it probably won't last forever but will get you going. I used steel putty ro repair one on a Rem 510. it worked great. the old man who owned the rifle was 11 years old when he bought the rifle and was tickled to death to get to shoot his rifle again. he said it had been broke for almost 20 years.

The feed ramp on a 40X also has the ejector built into it. I dont think devecon will do. Not unless you insert a piece of metal for the ejector. I just sold three of the feed ramps for 50 each and the guy that got them was very happy. They are out there but I believe they are going to be expensive. I remember when I bought the ones I had and thought 20 bucks was allot.

Try to look up Jack Prucha in Atlanta, GA. He had a ton of 40X parts about 5 years ago and may still have some. He's hard to talk to as he's deaf so getting him on the phone is a pain. The only other guy that might have the parts is Tomas Grey in Talapoosa, GA. He has a Gun Store there, and deals with US military weapons from the Indian war period to WW2. He had some bolts abot 10 years ago. Donald

Out of curiosity, have you checked with Remington directly? I know they were reported to be a bit hostel with guys looking for replacement bolts when the CMP sold off a quantity of boltless actions, but they may help with that part.

RAD:
How did you go about contacting Remington? I would like to do the same. Thanks everyone for the help I greatly appreciate it.

Here is the part# F19785 Ejector $33.60 (bin #8173)

Here is the phone# (800)243-9700

If you need the screw, you will have to get it from Numrich or find one with the same thread. It is a common looking screw.