• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Need to get NH refinished

Derrick300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, SC.
Looking to possibly get a Nighthawk Vickers Tactical I recently picked up refinished, its been used a little and needs some freshening up. What are your experiences with the different choices, pros and cons etc.... It will not be a carry pistol but more of a range/target gun.

Any opinions good or bad would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Re: Need to get NH refinished

I've sent one back to NH for refinish and was happy with it. Reasonably priced, fast turnaround, and they were friendly as hell over the phone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamescaan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've sent one back to NH for refinish and was happy with it. Reasonably priced, fast turnaround, and they were friendly as hell over the phone. </div></div>

Do you remember which product they refinished it with?

I really like Walter Birdsongs BlackT finish, and the price is reasonable from what I've read.

I also bought a Nighthawk that shows some finish wear.

do you recall what they charged you? They list a price for a finish upgrade so I'm wondering if they "take care" of existing customers?

$250 sounds like a bargain, when you say turnaround was quick do you mean a few weeks or a few months?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamescaan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was a few weeks. I had it back in less than a month. </div></div>

Cant beat that, ill give them a ring.

Thanks for the quick reply

Get it ferritic nitrocarburized by Coal Creek Armory for $200. Also known as melonite/isonite/hard hat/ e-treat.
Way better than permacote. Nighthawk offer exactly the same same finish, they call it Black Nitride, but I believe they charge rather more than $200 for it...

Diamond Black was NH's name for IonBond DLC. Nitro carburizing is superior in every regard.