• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need to have a barreled action Cerakoted.

smack

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2003
North Central Washington
Where have some of you sent yours to have Cerakote applied? I have a barreled action and bottom metal that I would like to have Cerakoted in flat dark earth. There are 2 types, I would like the type where the barreled action is heated and then the coating applied.

Re: Need to have a barreled action Cerakoted.

I sent my Badger action to Gre-Tan to be done, not sure what type he applies, but it was going there anyway to have the firing pin bushed.

Greg is a great guy and got the whole thing back to me in less than 2 weeks (including shipping) and the Christmas holiday fell in there too.

J

Re: Need to have a barreled action Cerakoted.

Both types can be applied with heating done prior, you just have to decide if you want the air-cured or oven cured products. I know AZPrecision (the member here who is doing knob installs) is doing quite a bit of ceracoating now a days. Not sure if he has finished his move yet, my guess is not, but you can PM him to see what he would charge. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=933349&page=1 has some samples towards the last two pages of his ceracoating jobs.