• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need to know price on these rifles please!

NRF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
CORNHUSKER
I have the oppurtunity to buy a:

Winchester Mod. 70 2008 limited edition 270 featherlite under 100 rounds since NEW.

Kimber 8400 270 WSM classic edition under 100 rounds since NEW.

Tikka T3 Hunter Stainless in 300WSM under 100 round count since NEW

Let me know what what they are worth after reading below.
The only problem I have seen is he was using these for starting bench rest shooting and had the rifling champhered at the bore? roughly a .015 champher. Will this effect cost or accuracy? The gentelman past away 2 weeks ago and his widow is getting rid of his guns. I need to know fast.

Thanks ahead of time, the first replies will have first chance at these, if I can get them for your price.

I cant get pics at this point but will when I buy, they are all flawless.

Thanks, NRF

Re: Need to know price on these rifles please!

I've heard about problems with the Kimbers and would stay away from them until they learn how to build an MOA rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RTS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've heard about problems with the Kimbers and would stay away from them until they learn how to build an MOA rifle. </div></div>

Where did you hear about these problems, did you "read it on the Internet", LOL, nothing wrong with the Kimbers I have seen. Any of those three rifles are good, what is the intended use?, that would help us narrow down the options.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NRF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thanks ahead of time, the first replies will have first chance at these, if I can get them for your price.

I cant get pics at this point but will when I buy, they are all flawless.</div></div>
confused.gif

Wait.... Are you trying to sell these?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RTS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've heard about problems with the Kimbers and would stay away from them until they learn how to build an MOA rifle. </div></div>

Judging by the mickey mouse stuff I have seen slip past their quality control in their 1911s I would advise you to shoot it first.

EARLY Kimber rifles had extra (actually necessary) work and QC done on them to assure they were the best they could be before they left the shop.

Now..... It is a gamble. Shoot it first.

tikka stainless hunters go for just over 600 in .308 new. 300wsm should be slightly more and if its in good condition I would give 500, but i bargain pretty hard too.

A friend of mine won't buy a gun unless it's a steal....me on the other hand, if it's a stick I really want and the price isn't ridiculous I'll buy it. A lot of anxiety can be avoided this way. Of course I buy guns to use, not to resale. I don't care if someone waited a year to save $100 on the same gun, it's worth $100 to me to have it a year before my penny pinching buddy does.

I'm just giving my opinion on buying....sorry but I honestly can't quote the value of the rifles you're looking at.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NRF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I cant get pics at this point but will when I buy, they are all flawless.</div></div>
confused.gif

Wait.... Are you trying to sell these? </div></div>

Yes, I would only buy these for a good price and re sell. My safe is full and actually have been cleaning out some anyways.
I just figured if I could get these for a fair or better price, I could offer them to someone that could really use them. I knew you guys would have the answers and cost of resale, if he wouldn't of reamed the crown of the barrels, I would have no problem buying or re selling but at this point I think I will pass because I would feel bad selling an unproven gun with the chance that it may have to be sent off and recrowned which I figured that would be a $100 right off the batt loss for the consumer and I don't feel comfortable doing that. Like I said they are flawless other than the reamed crown which I have no idea what this would do to accuracy?

Thanks guys, Neil