• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need to parallax down to 20yds

_newshooter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2022
Texas
I was wondering if I can get peoples opinions on this or if anyone has experience.

I have a local match coming up that has a stage where we need to shoot the head of a match stick off at 20yds. Problem being my Arken Sh4 can only parallax down to 25yds. Blurry as heck with my eyes. Even at 10 power and adjusting the reticle.

Any suggestions to go about this?

I was thinking maybe a DFAT would work if anyone has ever used this? Comp coming up soon so just looking to get anyone’s input on how I can go about. Thanks!

Just curious what are you shooting?

Airgun optics will parallax very close.

Is this a rimfire or airgun? Or center fire?

You're using an Arken, so presumably you are in base class or on some kind of budget? IMHO, if that is the case, I wouldn't buy a new $500+ optic to score 1 point at a local match. That just doesn't make any sense at all. If your sand-bagging in base class or just slumming it with an arken, and have plenty of cash tucked away, then of course upgrade your optic and have fun.

Reactions: RTH1800 and lash
that's embarrassing for arken if a 25y parallax scope cant work at 20y zoomed out
OP try the target at 6x, maybe its more forgiving (?) than 10x
32x at 100 yd = resolves 1 in = is a generous centrefire magnification
16x at 50 yd = 1/2 in = normal rimfire magnification, same as above
8x at 25 yd = 1/4 in = same relative size as above
6x at 18.75 yd = 3/16in = ???

I was wondering if I can get peoples opinions on this or if anyone has experience.

I have a local match coming up that has a stage where we need to shoot the head of a match stick off at 20yds. Problem being my Arken Sh4 can only parallax down to 25yds. Blurry as heck with my eyes. Even at 10 power and adjusting the reticle.

Any suggestions to go about this?

I was thinking maybe a DFAT would work if anyone has ever used this? Comp coming up soon so just looking to get anyone’s input on how I can go about. Thanks!

Blurry but does the bullet hit where it should? And you shouldn't be adjusting the reticle. You adjust it to be clear and leave it. You just should be messing with the parallax and as mentioned you should be able to power down and run closer but if it's blurry still try it and see where the bullet hits.

Reactions: RTH1800
Blurry but does the bullet hit where it should? And you shouldn't be adjusting the reticle. You adjust it to be clear and leave it. You just should be messing with the parallax and as mentioned you should be able to power down and run closer but if it's blurry still try it and see where the bullet hits.
This. I once used a Bushnell DMR with 50y parallax on a small paper target at a match that was at 25y. I dialed power all the way down to lowest (3.5x) and the bullet hit where it was supposed to.

It wasn’t the clearest picture I ever had but it worked for that one stage.

Reactions: RTH1800