• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need to replace my Danners

Derrick300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, SC.
Quick run down-
About 4 years ago I researched and purchased a pair of Danners Super Rain Forest. These had great reviews as being a bombproof shit kicking, do just about anything boot. I don't wear them often maybe 7-10 times a year doing random outdoor work. About 1 year after buying them they developed a click/knock in the sole back towards the heel. I sent them back and was told the fiberglass shank cracked, Danner replaced no problem. A year after receiving new ones, guess what, same thing. Called Danner and am now told we will only replace them once and your out of warranty which started at the time of the first purchase.

Danner really surprised me with this being that its definitely a manufactures defect but, I guess they don't care about the little people and don't back up their highly priced, Made in the USA boots.

Soooo now I'm in the market for a boot as close to the same look and specs including Goretex.

Please let me know, I'm willing to spend up to around 500 for a good pair.

Last edited:
I have had a couple of boots rebuilt by Danner on my dime. Some of the Made in USA Danners aren't - they are very specific about what they can rebuild. I have no excuse for them. Try White boots. Made in USA and I garanteeeeee you ain't wearing them out with a few wearing a year. Rebuildable too. Some Redwings are made in the USA as well. Look at the label. Redwings made in the USA are recrafted also - on your dime - new soles etc.

Well back in the military 11b. I had good luck with danner now 12 years later I have foot issues to the extent of $350 prescription insoles. And potential future surgery. I decided to go back to danner from redwing, so far I'm pleased have worn almost every day since early November. I'm no fanboy though so would like to hear more. I'm definitely going to check out others for this coming summers work boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking for a pair of bomb proof boots look at White's boots. I have a pair of their Smoke Jumpers and although they take a little time to break in they will last through many years of abuse and can be rebuilt. For hunting boots kenetrec is the ticket.

I own white's smokejumpers for work, excellent ankle support and very durable, but not waterproof regardless of what you treat them with. However for wet/rain/cold/hunting weather I've primarily worn insulated Kenetrek's for the last couple years. They're both holding up very well.

Whites
Outdoorsmen

If you liked the Danner Super Rain Forrest You will like these even better. They are water proof [Goretex] and are made to fit YOUR right and left foot specifically.
I switched to them from the Super Rain Forrest and am very happy with them.
They took about 4 weeks to make them after I was fitted. 100% made here, fully rebuildable $370.00

Thanks so far, looks like the White Outdoorsman is a good match. I will get a pair ordered up and hope for better luck than Danner provided me.

Not sure if you saw the other thread on new boots, but a good number of us that are done with Danner are using the Lowas. I've had mine for YEARS and have put them through more shit than any boot could be expected to endure and still love them.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/s4-sniper%92s-hide%AE-equipment/228606-need-new-pair-boots.html

Edit: Sorry, wrong link, but a lot of us pushed Lowas in that one too :eek: Here's the one I meant to link:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/s4-sniper%92s-hide%AE-equipment/236082-boots-competition.html

I have real wide feet and have been wearing Keen boots. Although that have preformed well so far, I do worry about their performance in a bad environment. I had planned to replace them with Danner's as they do offer wide sizes. I look forward to hearing how these Whites work out.

I agree on the Whites. VERY popular here in MT.

To throw out something that may be of interest.... Russell Moccasin company. Sportsmen's Footwear Since 1898 - Fine handmade custom fitted moccasin style boots and shoes for hunters and outdoors men and women!

I struggled to find comfortable boots/shoes for years due to an injury to my left foot. Discovered Russell and they are almost all I wear now.
Custom made to your foot. Though the key there is you need to be properly MEASURED. I was fitted by one of their staff at a sportsman's show years ago. They keep that info on file.

Take a look at the site. Expensive ...Yes. But they last FAR longer than the chinese junk that is 80% of whats available any more.