• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need to see some MDT LSS chassis pics before I order...

2guard

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
nashville, tn
Thinking about ordering one of the MDT LSS chassis for my 700 in 223, but really haven't seen that many pictures of completed rifles running them. Anyone have them on their setup? Likes/dislikes? My only concern is that I wish the forearm was a bit longer, but a handguard could probably be fabbed fairly easy, or if nothing else, an extended rail setup. thanks in advance.

I presume you want something lite weight? consider the XLR chassis, order just the main chassis stripped, and use a light weight ar stock, here is mine but you can shave more weight with the 10" handguard and just a harris adapter on the bottom, this setup is 10.8 lbs as shown, with bipod, and scope and aics mag, collapses to 35" with a 20" barrel, could be shorter with a folding mech

I have one new in the box I'm selling. I can open it up and post pics if you would like. Any particular detail you would like to see?

mainly the forearm area, both top and bottom, thanks for the offer. I'm okay with the rear of the chassis, but offhand and shooting from a bag or rest was my biggest concern. best picture I have found from a google search. I think this one has a rail mounted on the forearm and a magpul afg mounted to it. I like the fde a lot (my aics is also fde), so probably what I end up with will be similar to this pic.
2vxg6x0.jpg

My R5 in the LSS chassis.

IMG_00000255_zps5f02b70d.jpg

Only dislike is that the PRS stock and the adapter give you a LOP of 16"...a little long for me. So I mounted it direct. The PRS stock may not be the best choice for this chassis but I'm trying what I can to make it work. Build quality is very good. I like everything else about it.

IMG_00000267_edit_zpsf37f9422.jpg

0b8796979c15c50f04d69fd04d40a87f_zpsfec2ff20.jpg

mainly the forearm area, both top and bottom, thanks for the offer. I'm okay with the rear of the chassis, but offhand and shooting from a bag or rest was my biggest concern. best picture I have found from a google search. I think this one has a rail mounted on the forearm and a magpul afg mounted to it. I like the fde a lot (my aics is also fde), so probably what I end up with will be similar to this pic.
2vxg6x0.jpg

My R5 in the LSS chassis.

IMG_00000255_zps5f02b70d.jpg

Only dislike is that the PRS stock and the adapter give you a LOP of 16"...a little long for me. So I mounted it direct. The PRS stock may not be the best choice for this chassis but I'm trying what I can to make it work. Build quality is very good. I like everything else about it.

IMG_00000267_edit_zpsf37f9422.jpg

0b8796979c15c50f04d69fd04d40a87f_zpsfec2ff20.jpg

Barrel lengths?

so I ended up buying one of these in black from a fellow hide member and received it today. Thought I would post a few pics of it.

I like the F93 stock with the LSS, but the F93 is a little heavier than the standard carbine stocks, but offers some more options and is rock solid. I may try this with a standard carbine buffer tube and a sopmod stock if I decide to shave some weight, but so far I probably will not. AI mag will drop free when the stock is completely level, and will probably become a bit smoother after some wear. SPR grip is comfortable with this setup, slight gap at the trigger guard, but not really noticeable. Front end of the stock needs a handguard/rest/skid plate of some sort I think. I ordered a piece of 1/8" kydex and I will be fabbing something up similar to the krg skid plate for the w3. I will probably tap the chassis with some holes on the side or attach it to the front rail I plan to order from mdt. The kydex shouldn't add much weight to it and if it does it may help balance the weight of the f93 stock some. Points nicely as is though. Haven't shot this sps at all yet, purchased it a while back on the cheap and decided to try it with this chassis. I have a shilen trigger that is waiting on a safety kit to get in that will go in it and I plan on a larger bolt knob soon. Sightron SIII 6-24x50 lrmd is going on it for now, but I need to upgrade the base on it (it came with it when I bought it, looks to be just a cheap weaver). Overall, I like it so far, but still think the front end needs some sort of handguard or skid plate. I will probably start a new thread on it once I get it set up.

Specs: Remington 700 SPS 20" in .223, Ergo F93 stock, Sierra Precision SPR grip, MDT LSS with AI 223 mag.

23hvhtt.jpg

wi62qx.jpg

t0oyfa.jpg

29b2e5h.jpg

To anyone that has one of these, are the holes in the top of the forend large enough to accept threads and maybe take a night vision rail or a tube like the xlr? Thanks

Ben

Mine came with the two outer holes on each side threaded. a guy on 308ar.com used the mcrees rail on the front with some kind of mod (found his while I was lloking for some pics before I bought mine):
Remington 700 16.5 .223 MDT LSS Chassis Cerakoted FDE - Rifles - 308AR.com Community
2dtdvu8.jpg

here's some pics, a little hard to see the threading, but its there. outside holes look to be 1 9/16" ctc, or maybe 40mm since mdt is Canadian.
10eejp4.jpg

xap7o7.jpg

I mounted my sightron and also installed my shilen trigger with rb safety kit after it came in yesterday. weight is just under 12 lbs (11lbs 6 oz without the bipod), but I think you could save at least 1/2 pound by using a different stock and basic carbine buffer tube setup. The ergo site says it weighs 1.3 lbs, but I think it might be a bit heavier. I did not weigh it before install (and really don't want to take it off again, took a while to get it just right). I have an original sopmod crane stock and with a 7075 milspec buffer tube, it weighs just 14.8 oz. Couple that with a lighter grip than the spr, and a lighter scope (the siii has a claimed weight of 21.9 oz) and you could probably drop some more. I think the vortex 2.5-10x32 would go great on a setup like this, and a 16.5" barrel. Probably have a complete rifle under 10lbs with that setup. I did order a 6.5" front rail for it today, should place the bipod mount a bit farther out front and give me some room for a handguard or grip setup.
2ibmdua.jpg

I appreciate it, I like the looks of this chassis; but, I really want to keep the weight down since I am planning on hunting with this gun as well. The 16" barrel should help out some there!

Ben

Got the lss , really wish I'd rather gone with the xlr. As mentioned above the stock mount and adapter fit so far back even bottoming your scope turrets to the rear doesn't give you the best eye relief.
* Notice how much closer an xlr mounts a stock to the action.
-On the flip side, with the mdt tac 21 or xlr you may have to swap your scope rings to clear the hand guards

** couple of issues: (with a savage 10)
-the top bolt release rubs in the front and bolt side
-the trigger group pin rubs on the left and right
-the front chassis screw was too long (+ ~1/4 - 1/2")
Installed a Magpul PRS , too much eye relief for my vortex pst past 4x magnification
I'm going to try a XLR stock to get closer

+customer service for MDT is prompt and helpful

Last edited:
UPDATES

INFO:
Rifle: Savage 10 308win 22"bbl, MDT LSS chassis, Magpul PRS AR15 stock (NOT the 308), Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50, Talley Scope base.

Pics and measurements:

Affecting the LOP
Fixed stock adapter - 20mm
AR style lock ring - 12 mm
overall gap between chassis to magpul PRS stock - 37mm
Chassis to beginning of cheek riser (PRS) - 126mm
Length of cheek rest - 128mm
picatinny rail base to stock mount - 132mm
chassis sticks out about 22mm from grip to stock adapter

I find that my approx. needed eye relief for the scope mounted requires ~110mm from the scope to my approx. center of cheek weld. (on max magnification in seated position)

As stated above, I had to modify the stock by dremeling contact points, seen in the pictures.
I also had to cut down the front screw (closer to the muzzle) to an overall length of 33mm

Attachments

• DSCN0057.jpg
    DSCN0057.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
  • DSCN0058.jpg
    DSCN0058.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 228
  • DSCN0059.jpg
    DSCN0059.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88
  • DSCN0060.jpg
    DSCN0060.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0061.jpg
    DSCN0061.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
(had two more pictures but I had difficulty attaching them all as one group.)

Pictured: Dremelled fix and approx. location of my personal needed cheek weld.

Attachments

• DSCN0062.jpg
    DSCN0062.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • Approx.jpg
    Approx.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Need to see some MDT LSS chassis pics before I order...

Finally done with me build

Rem 700 308 16.5 1/10 (trigger job, 2.5 pull)
Vortex PST FFP 6-24x
Talley 30mm High mount
MDT LSS in FDE
MOE Stock
MDT fixed stock adaptor (use a buffer mounter QD for my sling)
1/4 Cheek riser
Surefire 762 brake
Ergo grip
6-9 bipod (I think it's Harris but not sure)

yhyja3er.jpg
ryranyha.jpg
ve9e5ery.jpg

The LSS was originally designed for collapsible stocks. But since many people wanted to use Fixed stocks, we started making the fixed stock adapters. This certainly gives it a large LOP.

In the next couple days we are releasing a new Fixed Stock adapter which will be shorter, look better and does not require a castle nut. The total length of this adapter is 22mm (7/8 Inch)

So this eliminates the following items pointed out by [MENTION=100047]Phenozine[/MENTION]

Here are some pics.

DSC_0711.jpg

DSC_0712.jpg

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0719.jpg

DSC_0722.jpg