• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Upper Parts for DPMS Gen I LR-308 Build.

BAT_Boy

critter_bill
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2005
Williamston, SC
I am having a custom built upper on a stripped DPMS Gen I upper and the smith is unable to locate an upper parts kit. I looked at Brownell's and, while they have AR-15 parts, they do not have the kit for AR-10/DPMS format. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Already have everything else for the build. Thanks for any help.

That, and the forward assist. Thanks for the lead on this, padom. I have owned Colts and DPMS for a few years but have never built one. I am more a bolt rifle guy. DPMS had to muddy the water with the high and low, then the Gen 2 when it was already muddy enough with the DPMS/Armalite formats. Wish the large frame were standardized somewhat like the AR-15 platform.

Thanks again, Sir.

That, and the forward assist. Thanks for the lead on this, padom. I have owned Colts and DPMS for a few years but have never built one. I am more a bolt rifle guy. DPMS had to muddy the water with the high and low, then the Gen 2 when it was already muddy enough with the DPMS/Armalite formats. Wish the large frame were standardized somewhat like the AR-15 platform.

Thanks again, Sir.

The gen1 LR308s use a standard AR15 forward assist. The lower uses a 308 a specific: bolt catch (and threaded retainer pin), mag release, and take down pins. The buffer tubes (not springs or buffers though), and FCG are standard AR15.

edit- you'll want to be careful about what bolt and carrier group you select too. If I had it to do over again I would have used a Rubber City Armory HP bolt and carrier.

MWM-5150, I had already bought a Lantac 308 BCG but the smith encouraged me to go with a Rubber City Armory HP on this build. I changed my mind on caliber from .260 Rem to 6.5 Creedmoor. I am having a Creedmoor Deviant bolt gun built, so I changed the AR to match it. Also went with an SLR hand guard & gas block, Bartlein heavy 1/8" barrel with BAT barrel nut. I can use the Lantac on the original 308 upper which will be rebarreled down the road. Thanks for the info as I'm stumbling through this first build.