• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes need your opinion.. leupold question

remsps243

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2009
TX
So i was hoping i could get some pros and cons on this..

I have a Vari X II 3x9x40, I have to send it to Leupold because adjustments froze on me. So i began to think, if i were to send it to leupold how much would a target elevation turret and mildot reticle cost?

my second option would be to fix the leupold and keep it as is and buy a bushnell 3200 10x40 mildot reticle.

I would be using these on my long range .22 (out to 200yds) so mildots are ideal for holdovers and such. but I guess I would want to get the most out of them and might use them on my 243 hunting rifle aswell. so any input would be great.

Im on a budget so money would be an issue..

Re: need your opinion.. leupold question

when you see a piece of glass that is 3x9....right away it screams HUNTING scope....w/no parallax adjustment.....adding to anything that restricting is putting lipstick on a pig....

+1 to the good Mr. B.Ripper
those 3200s would get my budget nod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remsps243</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So i was hoping i could get some pros and cons on this..

I have a Vari X II 3x9x40, I have to send it to Leupold because adjustments froze on me. So i began to think, if i were to send it to leupold how much would a target elevation turret and mildot reticle cost?

my second option would be to fix the leupold and keep it as is and buy a bushnell 3200 10x40 mildot reticle.

I would be using these on my long range .22 (out to 200yds) so mildots are ideal for holdovers and such. but I guess I would want to get the most out of them and might use them on my 243 hunting rifle aswell. so any input would be great.

Im on a budget so money would be an issue.. </div></div>

Not sure where to begin. Cost: Leupold can put a M1 turret, elevation only for $90.both will cost you $130. Leupold will put a TMR (Tactical Milling Reticle) for $150. So your talking $240 to $280 to fix it, which is more than the used price of your Vari-x II.

Second option is a Bushy 3200 10x42 which have a street price of around $200.

The problem with both of those for a 22lr is lack of parallax adjustment. Not a problem though on your 243.

Consider that you could sell your old scope after it is fixed for around $200.

Or you may want to consider a Nikon 6-18x40 Buckmaster Riflescope for around $370. It has side focus, turrets, and BDC reticle.

Or a Super Sniper fixed 10x. Mildots, turrets, rear focus, all for $320. Great for a lot of uses.

Lots of ways to skin the cat and not break the budget.

Bob

Nikon Buckmaster 4-14 mildot. side focus, 1/4 clicks with stadia lines. $270 delivered to your door. Pretty nice scope for the change. 6-18 has 1/8 clicks but has tall turrets, 4-14 is low profile. I went with the 4-14.