• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes needing an upgrade

Mr_Brass

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2010
45x90 WI.
so right now i have a win M70 in 06.

right now its got a BSA... ashamed as i am it was a gift a few years back.

anyways. looking to get a good hunting scope that i can be confident in. price range is about $300 ish. needs to be a 1" tube

was looking at some of the Nikon monarch 2.5-10. maybe a Bushnell elite 3-9??

both of those scopes are about the same price for hunting deer and maybe a bear some day in WI or bou in alaska what would you like to have? I am leaning on the monarch as it has a mil dot but i would like some others opinions.

thanks all

Re: needing an upgrade

For a hunting rig I dont feel the need for a mil dot. Especially given the range of engagment and possible lack of proper calibration of the reticle in a less expensive scope I just like a nice duplex. As far as a scope the nikons have pretty decent glass for the money. Havent looked through a 1" tube bushy..

Re: needing an upgrade

Take a look at 3-9x40 conquest in that range for a nice duplex type reticle. Glass and eye relief is very nice, new 399 or better, used ~325. Great, very simple scope.

If need be less,
Bushnell made a 2-7x32 elite which I own which is nice as well. Glass is not the same league, but is serviceable. 2x on the bottom end is nice. I believe it weighs somewhere n order of 12 oz. Its very light

Good luck with your search-