• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Needing some help

300wmSlick

Slick
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2017
Indiana
I currently have a RPR 338LM and a Remington 700LR in 300wm and have been looking at getting a 6.5 creedmor but decided that by the time I buy one and all the goodies for it (scope, bipod, probably a trigger upgrade) as well as another scope for my 300wm I would probably be better off and more money saved if I just bought a switch caliber gun and a feel conversion kits for it and sold my 700 and RPR.
Problem is gun shops around me in Indiana don't keep many higher end rifles like that in stock (even before the current supply/demand crisis) so I don't have much info at the moment to weigh my options besides Google and reading threads here on the Hide.
I'm currently weighing between a Desert Tech SRS, Barrett MRAD, and an AI AXSR. I know the AI is a lot higher up there on price, but I figured I would weigh it as an option anyways.
I plan on using it to keep shooting the calibers I already have (338LM and 300WM). It will be used as a hunting rifle (local hills and woods, not mountiain climbing so being a heavy rifle isn't an issue) as well as target practice out in the fields like I currently do when crops aren't in the fields.
Anyone able to give me some pros/cons on each?
I like the idea of the SRS being a bull pup, but I'm not sure how good/bad the trigger would be being a bull pup. I also heard/read that the MRAD has a Jewel trigger? I also like how much adjustability the AI has with the butt pad being able to flip upside and the trigger being able to move forward and back.
Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I think AI is the way to go. If you decide to sell your 338LM please shoot me a PM. I may be interested. Good luck with your new project. 👍

You can just as easily piece together a rifle on a custom action and pick up an action wrench and barrel vice and any gun can be a switch barrel off the bed of your truck in the time it takes to tighten the nuts on the barrel vice and wrench off the barrel. You would get to choose all your components.

Some actions like Zermat TL3 have prefit barrel options.

Zeus and Curtis have the versions wirh set screws, but it is so easy to swap barrels with a vice, I wouldn't worry.

Just an idea. Other than an AI, I don't think there is a better option.

I was hoping to get some input from people that owned the rifles I was considering on things they liked/didn't like about them. Ill try the sticky threads. Thanks!