• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing needsome help with a barrel change kit

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
I got an AIAW and a looking at brownells fro a good barrel action block that I can just clamp in my bench vice.

there are so many barrel vices listed that I dont really know what im looking for.

Does anyone have hand good suggestions. My vice is standard 4".

can I also use a set of brownells go and nogo gauge set ($50 is cheaper then AIs)

Also I guess ill need an action wrench.

Any suggestions would really be nice.

Re: needsome help with a barrel change kit

Call Brownells 800-741-0015
Ask for tech support
Tell them your application
You will get good advice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call Brownells 800-741-0015
Ask for tech support
You will get good advice </div></div>

Doubtful that there would be as good advice there as there would be here...especially if Scott, Stacey, or Tom could suggest a vise.

<span style="font-weight: bold">beenjammin</span>...I'd shoot Scott or Stacey a PM and see what they recommend if nobody with first-hand knowledge chimes in.

ETA: As long as you don't mix and match gauges between mfg's you're good to go...yup, Brownell's are just fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call Brownells 800-741-0015
Ask for tech support
You will get good advice </div></div>

Doubtful that there would be as good advice there as there would be here...especially if Scott, Stacey, or Tom could suggest a vise.

<span style="font-weight: bold">beenjammin</span>...I'd shoot Scott or Stacey a PM and see what they recommend if nobody with first-hand knowledge chimes in.

ETA: As long as you don't mix and match gauges between mfg's you're good to go...yup, Brownell's are just fine. </div></div>

thanks for the info, I sent stacy a pm, but he must be tied up atm.