• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Nefarious

JR_77

Stock Detective
Minuteman
  • Apr 24, 2014
    TEXAS
    Last night the wife and I saw the movie Nefarious which was adapted from Steve Deace’s book A Nefarious Plot which was written as a nod to The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.

I never write reviews but I enjoyed this movie it was unique in its style and production. Storyline - a convicted murderer is set to be executed and a court-ordered psychiatrist is sent to exam him. The murderer is demon possessed and a dialogue ensues between the two over a variety of topics including God, who he refers to as “The Enemy” and Jesus as “That Carpenter” along with demonic influences all throughout history up to current times.

There’s no CGI, explosions, creatures running up the walls, or super heroes just a demon possessed man trying to convince an atheist shrink that God is real, satan is real, demons do exist, and all the problems at hand today are a direct result of Satans influence.

It’s mostly all dialogue back and forth between the two debating theology, current societal events (wokeness), and a fallen world which I found to be very entertaining.

Lots of biblical references that tied the plot together which was cool because you never see that in movies today. The shrink asks the demon possessed killer “who are you?” and he replies “My name is legion: for we are many” referencing Mark 5:9 and many others throughout the movie.

Great production value for a small budget movie. I’ll watch it again when it hits streaming. The very end was a little weak compared to the overall film but in my opinion did not negate the bulk of the movie as I thought it was a great flick. The dialogue is in depth at times so you have to keep up.

From the article:
    “The world is definitely ensconced in evil,” Solomon told Breitbart News. “Doing this movie, we wanted to reveal that. There is evil, there is good, there is the devil, and there is God.”

“What we perceive as a cultural battle is actually a spiritual battle, and the film is actually about pulling the veil away from that fact,” Konzelman added.

I watched Nefarious last night and thought it was pretty well done. The actor that played Nefarious did an excellent job considering it was all acting without effects for his character. As a horror movie it was nothing special BUT as a statement about where we are as a society it was spot on. One of the comments that I thought was interesting was when Nefarious told the shrink "Being an atheist will not save you". The movie was well worth watching.

Last night the wife and I saw the movie Nefarious which was adapted from Steve Deace’s book A Nefarious Plot which was written as a nod to The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.

From the article:
    “The world is definitely ensconced in evil,” Solomon told Breitbart News. “Doing this movie, we wanted to reveal that. There is evil, there is good, there is the devil, and there is God.”

“What we perceive as a cultural battle is actually a spiritual battle, and the film is actually about pulling the veil away from that fact,” Konzelman added.
    Careful now, youre liable to offend the woke.

Reactions: JR_77
    I’ve been meaning to watch this. I need to get on it.

My wife and I watched it a couple nights ago and they did a fantastic job.

I already knew the spiritual realm was real but this brought back the serious nature of the battle against satan and evil spirits.

In my youth almost 40 years ago a fellow Christian friend was with the pastor and some other bro's all whom cast out a demon from a guy that was in a popular Country Music band who had given his life to Christ. This guy told me personally the band were satan worshipers in secret.
    They literally saw the demon which manifested itself and it was a weird lizard entity with red eyes.

Rented yesterday afternoon. I did enjoy it and liked Sean Flannery. I guess the ending was pretty predictable but as others had said, it didn't detract from the experience overall. Would recommend.

The dialogue/script is PHENOMENAL! I really enjoyed that aspect of it. The only thing I disliked was the very last scene. Really!? That's how you want to finish the movie? It wasn't unexpected, but with how the movie was going....I would've hoped for a more God centered faith based ending. *edit* I hope I didn't ruin it for those who haven't seent it 😬

Last edited:
    I want to see that. I also like Sean Patrick Flannery and also enjoyed him in the Boondock Saints movies with Norman Reedus and Billy Connolly.

Old thread I know but this is a movie worth seeing fantastic acting and the underlying message really hits home with what we see in the world today. Included with Prime.

Reactions: Jgunner
    Also watched it.

Sean Flannery is aparently a very strong christian, and the movie was fantastic. I wont say "predictable", it kept me guessing, but as it unravels and you work out whats actually going to, and has happened, it ropes you in.

Very well written, and very well acted.

I finally did watch it about a few weeks ago on Amazon Prime. And I thought it was really well done, and, no surprise, Sean carries to movie. It can be difficult to make a movie work that is just dialogue. But he did it because the action is tension. Although, one of my favorite bits was meant to be humorous. The light bulb blows out and he says, "Probably a coincidence."

And yes, this has the CS Lewis flavor all in it. One of the most brilliant parts was on the subject of abortion and how it mimicks that sacrifice of children. Instead of the direct incendiary death in observation to a false god or demon, people abort in worship of the desire to have no consequences of sex and the remains are cremated. There is just no way to answer that.