• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Neighbor question

Nate60x

Carrying a C average
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2018
A little background, the neighbors in question are very nice people, we will have dinner together a couple times a year and see them at neighborhood partys a few more times a year.

They have lived in their home for 30-40 years, we have been in ours for 4 years. We are the new kids so to speak, so we are very accommodating and we generally like to get along with everyone and not make waves when we don’t have to.

But... A few weeks ago I was working up some loads and shooting on and off all day. Maybe 80 rounds over 6-8 hours.

That night my wife shows me a Facebook post where the neighbor lady was complaining that her neighbors were shooting guns all day and terrifying her dog , apparently it was an aweful experience for everyone involved.

So I see her wlking her dog today, I pull over to say hello. She asks if it was me doing all of the shooting. Yes, it was me, then she tells me about scaring her dog, i suggest moving the dog indoors next time i start shooting, she says it doesn’t matter, it still terrifies him. I remind her it is easier to train your dog than your neighbors. We say our good byes.

This is a screenshot of my property and her house. blue dot is my place, yellow x is her place. She is 800 yards away through the woods.
what would you do in this situation while my suppressor is jail?

Attachments

• 161B73E5-682D-46A0-A433-6FF120204004.jpeg
    161B73E5-682D-46A0-A433-6FF120204004.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
You have to live there. In my area, if Law Enforcement gets any call, we go investigate. So she could be a pain in the ass by calling every time you shoot. (claiming a safety issue or noise complaint ect).

But ultimately, if you have a good berm and safety stuff in place, there's nothing LEO can do. My area says shooting must keep projectiles on your property (ie berm) She will just have to live with it.

Now, doesn't mean she can't throw you and your address under the bus as owning guns on facebook.

Again, you have to live next to them. Making nice, and maybe giving her a heads-up (a "hi. I'll be shooting Monday if you'd like to put your dog inside") kind of thing might gain some credit.

Good luck

She's full of shit. She's bothered by the shooting, not the dog. She's using the dog for sympathy. Fuck her and keep shooting. That's quite a distance as well. People suck and all you can do is ignore them and live your life.

She's full of shit. She's bothered by the shooting, not the dog. She's using the dog for sympathy. Fuck her and keep shooting. That's quite a distance as well. People suck and all you can do is ignore them and live your life.
The dog being bothered that far away indoors didnt sound right to me either. I actually thought of offering to train her dog, but we all know how that would go over

Also, invite guys like The German over and buy him some linked ammo.

Lots of FA fire just before dusk (or after dark with NV) would set the tone.

And if all legal in your AO, the cops are just gonna have boners and wanna check out all the cool stuff.

Reactions: Plinker 73
Provided you are shooting in a safe direction into a sufficient berm, I say keep shooting. Either the dog will get used to the shooting or it won't. Not your problem either way.

I have a dog afraid of thunder and gun shots. I shoot anyway. The dog gets over it and forgets in a few hours.
Maybe the neighbor lady is jealouse of your wife. Your wife has a manly man that doesnt piss his pants when theres a loud noise.
Or maybe she gets moist by being around guns and wants to bang but doesnt know how to approach you?
Maybe shes a whiny cunt and needs to mind her own buisiness and fuck off.

Me, I'd keep shoot'n. Tell her to mind her own business and you'll mind yours. F people. Too many people worried about other peoples business. That's why this country is in the predicament that it is. Mac(y)

Reactions: Aftermath
800 yards through trees? Sound of gunfire would likely have attenuated a lot by the time it gets to her place. With the wind blowing in your direction, depending on what you are shooting, I doubt she would hear much of anything. If inside, the dog might hear a little something, but I doubt she would. Now, if you are banging away with a 50 BMG...

Nevertheless, I'd offer to let her know when I was going to pop a few caps but nothing more than that. I like to play nice as long as I can, until I can't. Wish I had your setup and the ammo to enjoy it.

I will call that one as no way to win, do what you want (and is legal) and just ignore her
Maybe get her and her dog a set of ear plugs for Christmas next year

• Love
Reactions: Snipe260
It’s probably all that pent up sexual frustration starving for release, (in comes you) you may just have to take that bitch for a ride to pound town

(by bitch I mean the lady, not the dog, but you do you, we’re not here to judge)

Shoot more often and the next time she says something tell her you we’re trying to hurry up and condition her dog to become accustomed to the noise.

Sneak over to her house, put Trump stickers on her car and put a Trump flag up in her yard, then call BLM and ANTIFA to pay her a visit.
Or call the cops and let them shoot on your property. 🤣🤣

Reactions: Maggot
Better yet on days you're going to shoot get her a jar of peanut butter. That should keep her and her dog busy inside for a few hours.

• Haha
Reactions: Snipe260
She is 800 yards away through the woods.
what would you do in this situation while my suppressor is jail?
800 yards is quite a distance especially through the woods. With that in mind I have to be aware of neighbors myself although most of them would probably come over and ask if they can shoot too. 800 yards is pretty stupid to complain about though. Sound dissipates over space. Obviously it can still be heard but it's not that bad.

That said I would still shoot but I would probably put most of my shooting together into one session over an hour or something like that (vs a shot here and there spaced out over 6 hours) and do it during the day (rather than early morning or at sundown). Other than that there isn't much to please some people. That said I really understand both angles. One of my dogs is scared to death of gun shots, fireworks etc.

I shoot almost exclusively suppressed except when I am practicing shooting my carry gun. Truth be told part of the reason I got a suppressor at all (to start with) was so I could shoot more without thinking about making anyone upset including pets. Now I have 7 or 8 cans. And none of my pets are scared of suppressed noise.

The passive aggressive facebook post is what pissed me off, she has our phone number and knows where we live
In all likelihood if not on FB you'd never know about this clearly manufactured 'problem'. Passive aggressive cowards have been enabled and empowered by these platforms. Dollars to donuts she is a liberal looking for ways to broaden the impact of her personality disorder.

So you stated you've lived there for 4 years is this the first time you have done some shooting? Had dinner with them a couple times. At dinner did you guys not get a feel for each other. You a right wing freedom loving Trump supporter her a Karen Cunt anti freedom left leaning disgrace for a human being.

Reactions: Ridgeback80
Present her with a petition to legalize suppressors . . . for her signature.

Start a new hobby.

I would suggest stock cars with VERY LOUD exhaust systems. You know . . . the kind that require the engine to be revved up all the time. Tractor pulls are also entertaining. Be sure to invite your friends.

Of course, music might be an option. I am talking about REALLY LOUD "concert" kind of music. Everybody knows that concerts last way into the night.

Coon dogs are another option. Those guys really like to spend all night - and day - barking.

Hog confinement lots or beef feed lots are always fun - and sometimes profitable.

Install a chicken coup as close to her property as you can. Make sure you have plenty of roosters. Those things are a blast early in the morning. Offer to share the eggs. Oh . . . wait . . . roosters . . . eggs? OK, just get the roosters (only). Tell you are just learning about "farming" and have plans to expand once you get it all figured out.

Above all have fun.

Reactions: demolitionman
If you own the land and its legal to shoot, shoot. I wouldn't care if i was 30 yard away. Thats the problem, people like that just wanna whine about something. Let her call the law, then when they show up, let them tell her its YOUR RIGHT to shoot on YOUR land. Start complaining every time they start the lawn mower. way to loud
:cool:

Reactions: VargmatII
Gunshots are not scaring anything at 800yds.....tell to your neighbor to get fucked.

You have a right to do on your property as you please.....it doesn't matter how long you've lived there.

My mother has a yip yip dog that get terrified every time it thunders or a book falls off a shelf..my mother also lives 1/4 mile from a gun club....gun shots at that distance do not bother the little rodent.....they sure as hell aren't going to bother a dog at 800yds through dense woods

Everyone keeps saying fuck her, maybe it would work. Take her out buy her a good meal, take her home throw a good fuck in her. Maybe she's just bored and trying to get some attention. Nope won't work. Just joking.

Next time you’re all at dinner, ask her if giving her a heads up the day before you shoot would work for her.

If that doesn’t work, build a sporting clays course and start a business...

So you stated you've lived there for 4 years is this the first time you have done some shooting? Had dinner with them a couple times. At dinner did you guys not get a feel for each other. You a right wing freedom loving Trump supporter her a Karen Cunt anti freedom left leaning disgrace for a
Definitely not the first time shooting, the first time I heard anything about it though.

800 yrds away.....tell her to stay there. BTW you might want to look into the requirements for a Protective Order or Trespassing for your area. Just saying you need to know your options. Yes, a PO might sound a bit excessive right now BUT people will start pushing the issue just to see what happens.

Next time you’re all at dinner, ask her if giving her a heads up the day before you shoot would work for her.

If that doesn’t work, build a sporting clays course and start a business...
I did offer to give her a heads up so she could move the dog indoors, she said he reacts the same way.

Attachments

• BF53B279-D616-43C8-BA87-754DE85DAE1A.jpeg
    BF53B279-D616-43C8-BA87-754DE85DAE1A.jpeg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: XTREM HTR16
In all likelihood if not on FB you'd never know about this clearly manufactured 'problem'. Passive aggressive cowards have been enabled and empowered by these platforms. Dollars to donuts she is a liberal looking for ways to broaden the impact of her personality disorder.
I really like this post, so fucking true.

This post makes me sad. Welcome to Woke 2021.

I had some neighbors trying this crap. My family has lived here for 5 generations though. I live on 50 acers and have my own shooting range setup. When the cops showed up about the compliant they checked out my range and said it was above par and to have a nice day shooting, they wished they could join and have some fun too. Then they said to just not say anything to the neighbors. So i bought a 338 lm. And i practice every weekend.

This may sum it up.

This may sum it up.
Id try the high road first but cover my ass.

Go and introduce yourself IN PERSON to the ranking LEO in the area, chief of police or sheriff. Show him your photo and a copy of the Facebook post. Ask him to come out and inspect your range and invite any of his crew to come shoot with you. Then youre covered.

Next, after the range has been checked and approved, invite the couple over to supper and do your best to smooth the waters, invite them to shoot, or offer a list of best times or tell her you'll call and let her know, and ask nicely that she bring her dog inside.

If that doesnt work, youve done all you can reasonably be expected to do, youve covered your ass, Fuck her and carry on. If she persists on posting on Facebook post back about how youve had the range inspected and she's just being a miserable little Karen.