• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Neighbour kills suspected hijacker

RSA-Raven

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2010
South Africa
www.gunsite.co.za
some local good news I want to share with you guys...

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Neighbour-kills-suspected-hijacker-20110309

Johannesburg - A suspected hijacker was shot dead by a Booysens, Johannesburg, resident on Wednesday afternoon, Gauteng police said.

A woman was robbed outside her home after withdrawing a large amount of money from a bank in the Glen shopping centre, Captain Katlego Mogale said.

The woman and her passenger were followed home by five men in a white Toyota Camry. When she arrived at her driveway, five men got out of the Camry and ordered them out of their silver Mercedes Benz at gunpoint.

When one of the men jumped into her car she screamed for help. A neighbour responded and shot the alleged hijacker, killing him.

The other four men fled in the Camry with an undisclosed amount of cash.

An unlicensed firearm was recovered from the scene.

- SAPA

We need more stories like this in the world...

Rgds

R-Raven

Re: Neighbour kills suspected hijacker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stories like this should be so normal/usual that they don't warrant news stories. </div></div>

We would run out of criminals in a hurry that way. I wouldn't argue a bit.

Notice the "unlicensed firearm" recovered at the scene. Goes to show how well that works!!!

My hat off to you sir for doing such a wonderful job. Good shooting. MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Notice the "unlicensed firearm" recovered at the scene. Goes to show how well that works!!! </div></div>
Well said sir!

What this story does not tell you, is that the guy who did the shooting has had his weapon(s) confiscated by the cops, and has had a charge of murder, alternatively manslaughter, laid against him. He is now technically unarmed, and I will bet you a dime to a pinch of the smelly brown stuff that that gang, knowing this, will be back at his house within a week or two, armed with more unlicensed weapons. The cops? "it's the law, and we cannot protect you until something concrete happens" Welcome to sunny SA

In SA if you kill someone in self defense you don't want to leave any witnesses who aren't on your side and if you aren't injured in the process go and put the kitchen knife in yourself. The law is so heavily tipped in the criminals favor is just disgusting. It's a struggle to get arms and as hard to use in defense. Give the neighbors credit for having the balls to step in knowing his life is gonna be he'll for a while. When I was working as a carpenter there I worked with a low life who told me he doesn't care if he is in prison or free. In jail he hangs out with his buddies, does drugs and watches television. Does the same on the outside , but has to still make a living. The death penalty will go a longway back home. Unfortunately lots of our cops are half illiterate and severely under paid, so we would be hanging way too many innocent folk.