• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Neiska Sporter

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Looking for a new 308 lighter weight hunting rifle and have been checking out Neiska rifles. Anyone have any experience with these? Also not sure what the difference between these and Dakota's are, besides price, although the Dakota 97 is about the same. They use a B&C stock which some have bashed on a $2700 rifle but the action and Douglas barrel and accuracy are supposed to be good.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Better options on the market for that price range since Remington bought Nesika and Dakota. I had a Dakota Model 97 and it was very nice, if you can find a used one built before they sold to Rem in the $2g range snag it.

For $2500 you could have a pretty nice rifle built by a good smith. If I recall Chad Dixon worked for Nesika, have him build one for you.

Thanks Wyfox, just the kind of info I was hoping for. I have a couple NIB Winchester Model 70's made in 1970 and have sent Chad a message about building me something up.

Thanks a lot,

Iron brigade sells a great 20" 308 for around 2250 they are crazy accurate. I put 7 shots in under a half inch at a hundred with mine using reloads from a different gun. They run a hart barrel and a bc stock .modified to hold 5 in the mag. Chad builds great rifles but u will pay extra for them.