• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nemesis arms ANSR: anyone tried it?

Opie98b

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2013
Thinking of selling my ashbury precision 308 and my Macmillan tac-338 to buy an ANSR. I switch rifles frequently and share one S&B PMII and a silencerco hybrid 46 between them. In theory, this would save me time and money remounting and rezeroing while also minimizing space in my safe and vehicle.

I guess the issue I’m having is that I see all the amazing reviews from nemesis and salesmen but I want to hear from “normal” people that have actually used the Nemesis ANSR.

Thanks.

Thinking of selling my ashbury precision 308 and my Macmillan tac-338 to buy an ANSR. I switch rifles frequently and share one S&B PMII and a silencerco hybrid 46 between them. In theory, this would save me time and money remounting and rezeroing while also minimizing space in my safe and vehicle.

I guess the issue I’m having is that I see all the amazing reviews from nemesis and salesmen but I want to hear from “normal” people that have actually used the Nemesis ANSR.

Thanks.
Why wouldn't you just buy another scope?

You guys are missing the point.

I want to condense two rifles into one in a compact lightweight package. I just want to know if anybody’s handled one.

I want to condense two rifles into one in a compact lightweight package. I just want to know if anybody’s handled one.
If frank replies and tell you to get an AI (which will do exactly what you describe with an AXMC or AXSR) theres a reason for it.

If he had a chance to shoot one and had a favorable experience he probably would have mentioned that

Or you don't want to accept that maybe there's a reason you don't see shit from anyone outside the company itself. Thats a biiiiig red flag

As someone who's here every day. I don't know that I've ever seen a single post about this rifle before you. As I'm sure searching here told you

If they were trying to sell rifles maybe their website wouldn't be complete and utter horseshit. Theres basically no specs. Another red flag

It looks you gave a toddler a license to copy shit and they wanted an AI action with an MDT buttstock and some abomination of an AR forend thing

I'm with them^

AI or maybe dt if you want a bullpup and barrel swap?

Don’t get me wrong. AI would be nice but I don’t think that’s in my price range. I forgot about DT. Those are pretty sweet.

It looks you gave a toddler a license to copy shit and they wanted an AI action with an MDT buttstock and some abomination of an AR forend thing

Hi,

Well...there was the entire issue of the violations of the licensing agreement of them and EDM Arms for the "Mini Windrunner" way back.........

Sincerely,
Theis

Never heard of hoplite. Right now I think DT moves to first place. Anything negative I should know?

I'm going to suggest that .338LM and light are not exactly going to make you a happy shooter if it's for range work / target work, or anything other than humping it to go hunt something where you might take 2 shots or such. The same is true for other rounds in that class such as the .338NM or .300NM

My suggestion is not to try to do it all with one rifle if you have an actual need for something light sometimes and a need sometimes to shoot stuff in the super magnum class.

An AXMC would be a very nice gun, that runs everything from your 6mm to your .338LM class cartridges.
You can get barrels for it from lots of sources and it is well proven.
Don't discount the importance of being able to easily source barrels, that's huge!
You'll come in around the 20 to 23 pound range if you are fully kitted up with a heavy & long .338LM barrel, depending on your scope and bipod.
If you have a light, short barrel in a smaller chambering, with a light scope and light bipod, you can get under the 20 pound range.

Then figure out exactly what you want a "light" rifle for and get a rifle specifically built for that, most likely in a dedicated short action platform.
Things like the SIG Cross and such are purpose built for humping a compact rifle long distances for hunting and such. If you want your "light" rifle mostly for doing PRS style games, then just get one specifically built for the gaming you want to do.

Now that being said...
IF you are interested in pushing the limits of ballistics and distance, you should seriously look at the upcoming Hoplite rifles.
The Aspis which is nearing production is going to be first out in the .338LM / .338NM / .300NM boltface and then there will be options for going up to .375 Swiss P (same bolt) and then going down to short action cartridges with a simple (tools required) barrel change, bolt swap and different magazine.
The advantage of the Hoplite rifles is they are built to tolerate much higher pressures (in the 80k to 90k range) for regular use, than other rifles, so with the correct brass / cases, you can push things like solids much harder than you could with somebody else's rifle.
The weight and price is going to be similar to the AXMC

I'm going to suggest that .338LM and light are not exactly going to make you a happy shooter if it's for range work / target work, or anything other than humping it to go hunt something where you might take 2 shots or such. The same is true for other rounds in that class such as the .338NM or .300NM

My suggestion is not to try to do it all with one rifle if you have an actual need for something light sometimes and a need sometimes to shoot stuff in the super magnum class.

An AXMC would be a very nice gun, that runs everything from your 6mm to your .338LM class cartridges.
You can get barrels for it from lots of sources and it is well proven.
Don't discount the importance of being able to easily source barrels, that's huge!
You'll come in around the 20 to 23 pound range if you are fully kitted up with a heavy & long .338LM barrel, depending on your scope and bipod.
If you have a light, short barrel in a smaller chambering, with a light scope and light bipod, you can get under the 20 pound range.

Then figure out exactly what you want a "light" rifle for and get a rifle specifically built for that, most likely in a dedicated short action platform.
Things like the SIG Cross and such are purpose built for humping a compact rifle long distances for hunting and such. If you want your "light" rifle mostly for doing PRS style games, then just get one specifically built for the gaming you want to do.

Now that being said...
IF you are interested in pushing the limits of ballistics and distance, you should seriously look at the upcoming Hoplite rifles.
The Aspis which is nearing production is going to be first out in the .338LM / .338NM / .300NM boltface and then there will be options for going up to .375 Swiss P (same bolt) and then going down to short action cartridges with a simple (tools required) barrel change, bolt swap and different magazine.
The advantage of the Hoplite rifles is they are built to tolerate much higher pressures (in the 80k to 90k range) for regular use, than other rifles, so with the correct brass / cases, you can push things like solids much harder than you could with somebody else's rifle.
The weight and price is going to be similar to the AXMC
All that being said, if I went that route, I should just stick with what I got. If I want to shoot one or the other just move the scope over and get a quick zero and rock out.

Before anyone says anything, no I can’t just buy another scope. I got champagne taste, beer budget.

Never heard of hoplite. Right now I think DT moves to first place. Anything negative I should know?
to chime in by DT you mean Desert tech the bullpup?

If so its not all its cracked up to be,

accurate yes
cool looking yes
little lighter yes

have i shot mine in over a year no, id sell it but i dont really sell rifles

my AI's have rounds on them and the DTA has dust on it
fit, finish, comfort, buttstock adjustability, magazines...all sub par compared to a AI

All that being said, if I went that route, I should just stick with what I got. If I want to shoot one or the other just move the scope over and get a quick zero and rock out.

Before anyone says anything, no I can’t just buy another scope. I got champagne taste, beer budget.

That would actually be pretty easy if you made sure you had a very good repeatable quick disconnect mount and then had everything marked to where you can put it back on exactly the same spot each time.

You might also be able to work out a little notes system where you know for x rifle it's zeroed at zero, and then for x rifle your zero is +/- 1 or 2 clicks on the turrent.

That would actually be pretty easy if you made sure you had a very good repeatable quick disconnect mount and then had everything marked to where you can put it back on exactly the same spot each time.

You might also be able to work out a little notes system where you know for x rifle it's zeroed at zero, and then for x rifle your zero is +/- 1 or 2 clicks on the turrent.
Tried. I can’t find QD 34mm rings that sit low enough. With a 56mm bell, it sits right on the barrel. High cheek bones I guess. Even got the stock adjusted all the way up.

to chime in by DT you mean Desert tech the bullpup?

If so its not all its cracked up to be,

accurate yes
cool looking yes
little lighter yes

have i shot mine in over a year no, id sell it but i dont really sell rifles

my AI's have rounds on them and the DTA has dust on it
fit, finish, comfort, buttstock adjustability, magazines...all sub par compared to a AI
That’s good to know.

I’d love to get the AI. But unless somebody’s gonna set me up a gofundme account that’s pretty much out.

Reactions: animalspooker
Tried. I can’t find QD 34mm rings that sit low enough. With a 56mm bell, it sits right on the barrel. High cheek bones I guess. Even got the stock adjusted all the way up.

Hi,

Why are you trying to get it to sit "low enough" if the objective sits right on the barrel?
Or
Are you saying with your cheek rest as high as it can go and scope sitting on barrel that you still cannot see through the scope properly?

Sincerely,
Theis

I run 1.18" spuhr with a 1.25" straight barrel. Razor gen 2 with sunshade and aadmount caps. No contact

Hi,

Why are you trying to get it to sit "low enough" if the objective sits right on the barrel?
Or
Are you saying with your cheek rest as high as it can go and scope sitting on barrel that you still cannot see through the scope properly?

Sincerely,
Theis
I mean it’s already mounted as low as it can possibly go and the cheek rest is as high as it’ll go. It’s perfect where it is. The issue is finding QD rings that sit that low. It’s hard mounted right now.
I run 1.18" spuhr with a 1.25" straight barrel. Razor gen 2 with sunshade and aadmount caps. No contact
I guess when I get on my rifle, my natural cheek weld puts my eye super low. Picking rings is always easy cause I need the lowest ones out there.

QD isn't all its made up to be.

A simple torque wrench makes anything QD for the purposes I assume you're intending to use it for. I dont think we're talking expedient field removal and replacement but between range trips or at range

Low is not what people think it is or how it should be...

Low rolls the head, stand up with the rifle and tell me where your eye sits, my guess is, you have the bipod too low too.

Getting Stuff "Low" is part of the "Game of Telephone"...

My read is, "lack of understanding when it comes to rifle set up", but that is me interpreting things on the internet. High cheekbones were a good line though made me chuckle a bit at the idea your head is different than everyone else "alien dna" ?

Low is a throwback to iron sights and hunting, not precision rifle shooting.

Low is not what people think it is or how it should be...

Low rolls the head, stand up with the rifle and tell me where your eye sits, my guess is, you have the bipod too low too.

Getting Stuff "Low" is part of the "Game of Telephone"...

My read is, "lack of understanding when it comes to rifle set up", but that is me interpreting things on the internet. High cheekbones were a good line though made me chuckle a bit at the idea your head is different than everyone else "alien dna" ?

Low is a throwback to iron sights and hunting, not precision rifle shooting.
I used to believe low was the only way. I now adapt the equipment to a comfortable position , not pre prescribed dogma bullshit. One of the first things I learned from the pod cast.

I used to believe low was the only way. I now adapt the equipment to a comfortable position , not pre prescribed dogma bullshit. One of the first things I learned from the pod cast.
All good points. I would say I’m amateur at best. So it’s nice to get criticism from people who know. From what I’ve gathered in the past 14 hours or so is: I should probably buy a torque wrench and stick with what I got.

And possibly look into a long range course. Lol

Don’t be afraid to try different things to be comfortable behind a rifle. Need a higher cheek rest, foam and vet wrap are a quick way to see before costly mods. I used to shoot 1” high rings on every precision rig I own. Now I’m 1 1/4-1 1/2” wi corresponding cheek riser mods. Far more comfortable.

Think your car,

The stock is your seats, and the scope is your mirrors with the bolt being the steering wheeling

Consider how we manage a car, where and why we align the seats and mirrors to drive in the most efficient way possible. Your rifle has to be set up the same way.

Don’t be afraid to try different things to be comfortable behind a rifle. Need a higher cheek rest, foam and vet wrap are a quick way to see before costly mods. I used to shoot 1” high rings on every precision rig I own. Now I’m 1 1/4-1 1/2” wi corresponding cheek riser mods. Far more comfortable.
Haha I did the same thing but I used a folded up rag. My rifle generally rides in my truck though. The heat in Florida makes the vet wrap kinda melt. I’ve made some nice shots propped across my driver side mirror only to have glory stripped away by a big green smudge down the right side of my face. Lmao

Think your car,

The stock is your seats, and the scope is your mirrors with the bolt being the steering wheeling

Consider how we manage a car, where and why we align the seats and mirrors to drive in the most efficient way possible. Your rifle has to be set up the same way.
The exact statement that changed my ways

Cause you could buy an AI and have a significantly better platform
I agree with this statement, but maybe the OP can’t afford an AI @ $10,000, but can afford the Nemesis LMR @ $3,500. I know I’m in that boat. Are there any other platforms that offer takedown, repeatable accuracy after reassembly and a price tag under $5,000?

I own an AICS in .260 built by a custom maker, but nothing in a takedown that I can disassemble, reassemble and still maintain the same POI. Anyone make such a creature in the <$5,000 range?

Desert Tech and AI both have quick change barrels to break it down into a small package. Accuracy is 100% repeatable.

Zeroes are all within 3/8" when switching barrel,

I travel with my rifles taken down, barrel off, whenever I rezero on arrival I am always with a 1/4" or 1 click or where I left it.

Caliber Changes are different that needs a rezero every time,