• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nemesis Arms LMR, to buy or not to buy....that's the question.

vno.helix

"comfort is the enemy of progress"
Minuteman
May 22, 2011
Los Angeles
www.linkedin.com
So, my friend (she desperately wants to be the female version of Jason Bourne) has decided she needs a Nemisis Arms LMR (their new light weight rifle) with the 16 inch creedmoor barrel. Without getting into the why and what for, after all; a woman who knows what she wants, I am not going to argue with that. If life taught me anything....

Anyways; I did a search here for her and found some old treads with regards to their earlier models indicating a variety of problems with the chamber tolerances and roughness affecting accuracy, magazines not feeding, bipod attachments etc etc. However; some others stated to be extremely happy with theirs and no problems whatsoever.

Second; An important factor is customer support. Again, some stated it was excellent, others claimed it sucked. We tried to contact Nemisis on several occasions, left voicemails, talked to some lady who was going to see if someone could call us back. Thus far, nothing. To me this is the first indication she should problably walk away and get the Tikka t3x a1 instead, not for their (Beretta's) superior customer service, but for unequalled reliability and performance especially at that price point so you dont have to deal with their customer service. But, as stated earlier, that is a mood point at this time.

Is there anyone who can tell me that Nemisis Arms has cleaned up their act and the quality has gone up to where it needs to be for a rifle that cost this much? It would be a real shame if she spends 3K on a rifle that does not and never will perform as advertised. As usual, your advise and help is highly appreciated. It has kept me in the past from making many mistakes and helped me resolve the ones that were inevitable.

Regards,

Last edited:
spife7980, i too found that one but i believe that is a repost of an old review from quite some time ago, however I could be wrong. Do you have any first hand experience? I would love to hear about it.

Diverdon, could you be more specific or somewhat constructive in any way?

Thank you for your time gentlemen. I appreciate your feedback

spife7980, i too found that one but i believe that is a repost of an old review from quite some time ago, however I could be wrong. Do you have any first hand experience? I would love to hear about it.

I have zero first hand experience but it looks like not many people do. My only impression is that it looks like an expensive gimmick that makes nothing but compromises for cool video game looks.

In a similar vein, the Fix by Q looks cool too and though its new at least you can mount a bi pod on it somewhere other than the mag well...

I have not heard anything concrete about Nemesis Arms getting their act together. My guess is most people are afraid to risk it. If you are indeed having trouble trying to contact them, that's a bad sign. However, it is Shot Show week. Lots of gun people are busy this week XD. I would try contacting them next week.

As far as the choice to buy it goes, the reason behind getting it is important, the "why and what for" is an essential part of this equation methinks. If it's because she likes the way it looks, then it's all a matter of finding other rifles that are comparably aesthetically pleasing, and more suitable in terms of customer care, price and practicality.

But if she wants it purely because it was in a Jason Bourne movie (which is a perfectly fine reason, my wallet was emptied shortly after the theatrical release of John Wick 2...), then... Well, perhaps only the real deal will do. Though I will say there are far cooler looking rifles in my opinion :p

Any plans to use it for any serious/competitive reasons? Or just for fun? Etc... Oh and if you get it, make sure she uses it! If I had a quarter for every time I bought something that I saw on tv and didn't end up using it....

Last edited:
I have not heard anything concrete about Nemesis Arms getting their act together. My guess is most people are afraid to risk it. If you are indeed having trouble trying to contact them, that's a bad sign. However, it is Shot Show week. Lots of gun people are busy this week XD. I would try contacting them next week.

As far as the choice to buy it goes, the reason behind getting it is important, the "why and what for" is an essential part of this equation methinks. If it's because she likes the way it looks, then it's all a matter of finding other rifles that are comparably aesthetically pleasing, and more suitable in terms of customer care, price and practicality.

But if she wants it purely because it was in a Jason Bourne movie (which is a perfectly fine reason, my wallet was emptied shortly after the theatrical release of John Wick 2...), then... Well, perhaps only the real deal will do. Though I will say there are far cooler looking rifles in my opinion :p

Any plans to use it for any serious/competitive reasons? Or just for fun? Etc... Oh and if you get it, make sure she uses it! If I had a quarter for every time I bought something that I saw on tv and didn't end up using it....

Yeah, I realized as you mentioned it Shot is going on however they just called her to let us know they are busy and will get back to her next week. The cool factor is the main reason (if not the only) for her wanting that rifle but if you have any suggestions in a different yet similar direction that would be appreciated. I know very well that for practical purposes this rifle has many shortcomings and the "takedown" part of it is nothing more then a gimmick to me, may it be a very cool one. Resale value is another concern and I rather see here get a Tikka but she likes to "venture". We will see what they can tell us next week. Thanks for your feedback.

Now that ^ is a good idea right there. Plus theres a high resale value for those. Doesnt even have to be an AX MC, you can get an AI AT or AX rifle and save some dough. And they look better than the Nemesis imo.
Though nothing will top the looks of a custom action in a KRG Habu chassis haha.