• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Nemesis Arms Windrunner Model 06 .308

Nemesis

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2009
California
Nemesis Arms Windrunner .308 that fits in a briefcase or backpack.
The Windrunner is a bolt action with a 5 shot Mag, adjustable stock and cheek rest. This recoils the same as a .223 when used with the muzzle brake.

These are a custom rifle from top to bottom.

www.nemesisarms.com

Re: Nemesis Arms Windrunner Model 06 .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Opiy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is AWESOME! </div></div>

+1
cool.gif

I couldn't find the stock listed on the website - what model is it ????

The stock shown on this rifle in the new all aluminum adjustable stock with round storage in the rear. It also support right or left hand sling assemblies or can act as single point when collapsed. This unit also has the newest trigger system, new mag release and new barrel. This is the same unit to be delivered to the first Snipers Hide buy (sold out).

Sorry, but how the heck do you use a sling on that rifle? No forearm? Very cool looking though.

edit: stupid me, I see, single point.

There is more to it than that:

1. There is a sling mount at the butt stock rear and one at the bipod assembly. Rear is either lefty or righty.

2. There is a forearm assembly that relocates the bipod forward.It attached to the frame forward stud.

"Price: $3850"

What does that include, does anybody know?

They had a booth at the Dallas Gun show last week, including a payment plan option. It was a fine looking rifle.

a prone only rifle? a prone only .308? looks like a boat anchor to me.

Exactly what I was thinking.

You don't want to fold the pod forward and use that as the forearm. You definatley don't want to fold the pod rear 45 degrees and use that at as a pommel rest. You absolutely don't want to fold the pod forward, extend it and use it as a pack/wall/sill rest. You most ceratinly don't want to take the pod off and attach the forearm. You would never want to stand up and shoot a rifle like this in any of the other five (5) calibers available that swap out in under 60 seconds.

Man you think they would have learned that lesson with the WA2000! Why cant people just stay with the time tested designs.

Its a prone only, .308 only boat anchor....and a crappy anchor that is NOT going to hold in any kind of muddy bottom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly what I was thinking.

You don't want to fold the pod forward and use that as the forearm. You definatley don't want to fold the pod rear 45 degrees and use that at as a pommel rest. You absolutely don't want to fold the pod forward, extend it and use it as a pack/wall/sill rest. You most ceratinly don't want to take the pod off and attach the forearm. You would never want to stand up and shoot a rifle like this in any of the other five (5) calibers available that swap out in under 60 seconds.

Man you think they would have learned that lesson with the WA2000! Why cant people just stay with the time tested designs.

Its a prone only, .308 only boat anchor....and a crappy anchor that is NOT going to hold in any kind of muddy bottom.

</div></div>

You obviously are allowing your love of traditional tactical rifles to cloud your mind and inhibit the true benefit of this system. Its a takedown rifle... that fits i a briefcase. I'll agree that its application is slightly limited but for a clandestine urban hide emplacement it would be absolutely perfect. Im planning on getting one, just have to make room in the safe.

Just think for a minute, what other SWS could you walk down the street with in a case and nobody would even give a second look?

RollingThunder51, if you don't mind sending me one of those "boat anchors" I will gladly use it prone or in its intended useage. Hell, I will pay the shipping for ya
wink.gif

Outstanding! I like the caliber versitility, and the ability to take it down. It does have trade-off's, but what doesn't? Good looking product. I would like to see one of these show up at a tactical rifle shoot to see how it stacks up in field conditions.

A friend of mine from gunsmithing school bought a Vanquish at the AGI convention. He drove to my shop in Louisiana so we could test the rifle out and work on a couple projects together. Cool concept gun...but totally worthless otherwise.
My brought a case of Black Hills 168 match so we could break it in and take for a good test drive. While we're unloading the rifle my friend says he had a couple duds from the first box of BH match which I thought sounded kind of fishy. So we grabbed a different box from the case and a box of Hornaday 168 Match. Right away I noticed that the ejector was really scuffing the brass, then we had the first light strike. Then another. Then the rifle fired, then it didn't. My friend was pretty aggravated so we packed it up and headed to the shop. When we got there I took the bolt out so I could see what was up with the ejector and noticed that the firing pin looked bent. So out of curiosity I checked the protrusion and it was sixty-five thousandths, bent. Who knows what it was before. I disassembled the bolt and sure enough the firing pin looked like an "S" and had no heat treating of any kind. I could literally bend it with my fingers.
My friend called Nemesis yesterday and spoke with a guy named David who was defensive, and refused to send a new firing pin so my friend, who drove from Minnisota to Louisiana, so we could have fun with his product. That's what 4,000 dollars gets you. What would be so hard about over nighting a firing pin, ejector and spring? Nothing. If I had a customer request something like that while they're traveling so they could use the gun I built for them I would walk across broken glass to make them happy. The guy at Nemesis could careless. Oh, and the build took over a year.

It's an awesome looking setup but for the price of $4500...they can keep it. That money would get me a Barrett 98 Bravo in .338 Lapua. No, it won't fit in a 'tactical' briefcase but...who cares?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pringle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend of mine from gunsmithing school bought a Vanquish at the AGI convention. He drove to my shop in Louisiana so we could test the rifle out and work on a couple projects together. Cool concept gun...but totally worthless otherwise.
My brought a case of Black Hills 168 match so we could break it in and take for a good test drive. While we're unloading the rifle my friend says he had a couple duds from the first box of BH match which I thought sounded kind of fishy. So we grabbed a different box from the case and a box of Hornaday 168 Match. Right away I noticed that the ejector was really scuffing the brass, then we had the first light strike. Then another. Then the rifle fired, then it didn't. My friend was pretty aggravated so we packed it up and headed to the shop. When we got there I took the bolt out so I could see what was up with the ejector and noticed that the firing pin looked bent. So out of curiosity I checked the protrusion and it was sixty-five thousandths, bent. Who knows what it was before. I disassembled the bolt and sure enough the firing pin looked like an "S" and had no heat treating of any kind. I could literally bend it with my fingers.
My friend called Nemesis yesterday and spoke with a guy named David who was defensive, and refused to send a new firing pin so my friend, who drove from Minnisota to Louisiana, so we could have fun with his product. That's what 4,000 dollars gets you. What would be so hard about over nighting a firing pin, ejector and spring? Nothing. If I had a customer request something like that while they're traveling so they could use the gun I built for them I would walk across broken glass to make them happy. The guy at Nemesis could careless. Oh, and the build took over a year. </div></div>

Now I spoke to David as I wanted to know what happened in this case.

I heard how David treated your "friend", he remembers the call well. To be a "gunsmith" is great! But.....as David told your friend, on a new rifle, with a 32lbs spring and unique bolt (mix between Savage and Remington) David wants to see why this rifle is not making your "friend" happy. David doesn't send out "parts" to fix brand new rifles. By the way, he only asked for a firing pin, never an extractor and/or spring. It was a courteous, linear call.

I KNOW what David offered your "friend," David always accepts the responsibility to help his clients, almost without exception, fast, courteous and most likely to update the rifles that get sent back for free. He offered him to send the rifle back and he would replace or fix anything that was wrong with the rifle for free. Light strikes take more than the sending the bolt back. David pays for shipping. Of the 13 rifles sold on the very day your "friend" bought his, not a single one of the other 12 had any issues.

I know how S7 acts in that bolt, it CANNOT be bent in an "S". The pin is .125 / .070 (tip) and you are telling me that you bent that in your hands? You haven't got a clue. And THAT is the problem with folks attempting this on their own. THAT is the problem with "I got a friend stories."

I also know that to this day, this very day...your "friend" has not replaced, sent the rifle back, or in any way has improved upon the condition that you describe. Finally....your "friend" is sending his rifle back to the maker. He is a nice courteous person that gets it.

A FEDX slip has already been sent out to ship this rifle. David paid for it and he is waiting for it.

Now, would you like to know why this rifle took a year to get your friends hands? Ask your friend....it has nothing to do with David, making the rifle, etc. David sells about a rifle a day and delivery has been the same for a year, delivery in 60 to 90 days.

Tell your "friend" to get his brand new rifle back to David.