• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nemesis Windrunner packed in a backpack

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
Here are some shots of the production backpack provided as an option for the Nemesis. As mentioned in the large thread, this includes a custom made insert and the "back support" inner layer.

Seen first at The Sniper's Hide:

Let me know what you think.

Packed to Go:

both_cals_logo_side_024.jpg

Deployed :

both_cals_logo_side_023.jpg

Details of the internal Harness System:

both_cals_logo_side_032.jpg

Re: Nemesis Windrunner packed in a backpack

One would need to go to the web site, here:

http://www.nemesisarms.com/

Look, it hasn't escaped David's attention that the guys at SH want a group buy on the Nemesis. He has a large run that is due mid June. If there are any left over from that run (all .308, all standard spec) I think he will float a group buy for SH. There won't be more than a few, but it will only happen here and quickly. If you are serious, call David and get on the "let me know if it is going to happen so I can make up my mind" list.

I don't need another .308, but if they end up doing a group buy on those I'd definitely see if I could find the scratch. Nice looking package.

quickly to the top of the list of things i want but dont need.
(maybe if i sold my AR, 700 and USP, since this is the logical combination of all 3)

They do not make a small ruck as the M96, M98, .408, etc rifles barrel length would preclude this.

you might want to put the upper strap a little higher for the barrel nut as movement should make a lot of noise, and also maybe use the factory thread protector. Overall a great looking case and as said before with they made one for the M96

Thanks, in fact there is no noise when holding the barrel in place. Remember that a Delrin cap locks the barrel nut to barrel (it is not on in this photo)! That was one of the specs that had to be met. Also, see the thread on building the receiver, the barrel nut can thread on to the reciever silently as well.

RollingThunder... What is the dimension (width and height) of the back pack? This may work well for an AR if the upper and lower are separated. Also, let me know if its already available.

Group buy would be up to David but I would think it would center on providing packs to those that buy the rifle. This whole system is integrated.

Rolling.. The hight hight is 20 inches so it will work with my AR. After talking to David, looks like I'll be buying something else so I get the free bag.. lol.

Rolling.. Let me know if the group purchase is less than $175 each since I have other buddies that would like to get one. It looks like that will be the price for the direct buys.

Best to go to David on the ruck pricing, only he kn0ws what is going on with that.

Wow! That looks very interesting. I am currently trying to decide on a new .308 and now I have another platform to think about. So far I am considering a AIAW, GAP with a Surgeon action and AICS 2.0, Desert Tactical SRS and now a mini Windrunner.

It looks like it would be a little hard to shoot the Nemesis offhand. Has anyone shot these guns in more positions then just prone? Does this gun have sling attachments?

The Nemesis is a great looking gun.

RollingThunder51

That's a nice "take down" stick. Definitely cheaper than an AIAW-covert. How much is that one any way? And how long is the wait on the built?

Desert.. It's $3800 and I think he said 12 to 16 weeks. I saw this add earlier and contacted the company and the person who picked up the phone was the actual owner. Great guy and sounded like he has a good product. I may drive to their shop to look at the rifle before I make a purchase. It would be nice to be able to take out out for a spin first.

Hello, this is David Ives again.
A number of you have mentioned on these threads and called the shop to see if I would provide a group buy for the Sniper’s Hide.
The answer is yes, but I can only do it for a total of five, maybe seven rifles, and only one time for the foreseeable future.
All the rifles would be delivered in June and would follow the specifications set for the first delivery.
All would be a .308 in standard barrel length with 7/8 x 20 threading at the muzzle. Obviously, no optics are included.

A new Nemesis .308 - $3,850 value
A new Nemesis brake - $175 value
Two Magazines (usually comes with one)– Extras are a $75 value
Your choice of Briefcase or Backpack – a $175 value

Before Sniper’s Hide discount this package come in at $4,275.00

Sniper’s Hide group buy (all five rifles must be purchased), price is $3,750.00 – A savings of over $500.

I would ask that nobody get upset if the five rifles go fast and somebody gets left out.
I would imagine that I might have two more, but will not know until mid April.
I will ask for a deposit to hold each of the five rifles.
The only fair way to do this is to have anybody ready to commit call me at the shop and I will keep a formal list.
When you call, you must mention that you are part of the Sniper’s Hide group buy when you pay the deposit.
I am getting a lot of calls and do not want to disappoint anybody down the road when they here that I did this one time.
I will collect seven names, last two will have to wait another month, and when we come to the end, please understand.
All rifles would be delivered by June that is a firm, no nonsense commitment on my part already.
If you want Delrin caps, the other type of case or extra Mags that would be extra.

David Ives
Nemesis Arms
909-520-5636

Great price on a nice weapon. What is the twist/specs on the barrel? Stainless? 5R? Barrel manufacturer? Is it a proprietary magazine? I also have the same question on sling attachments (would almost be a prerequisite for those wanting to compete with this). Can these be shot offhand? I guess I would also see some difficulty shooting this from barracades uless you use the folded bipod as a support.

How accurate is the Nemesis? I have a 50BMG EDM Arms rifle and its pretty accurate rifle. So I would assume that the Nemesis would be too. Do you have any range time with one yet??

From their website

Overall length: 39 inches
Total Weight: 11 lbs.
Barrel: 20 inch match grade and fluted, 4140 Chrome Moly with 6 lands & grooves at 1:10 twist.
Magazine: 5 round detachable
Machining: CNC & Wire EDM

Smokin, here is a complete review of the barrel with all the specs. Twist is 1 in 10 with 6 lands and 6 grooves to stabilze heavier rounds. Read the link and there is everything you would ever want to know (lower link all about receiver) Sling attaches to the butt stock and the bipod pin. Off hand by either folding forward the bipod (see top link as well) or remove the bipod and attach a machined front forend.

Smokin, start here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1014893#Post1014893

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1028902#Post1028902

DK, VERY - 3" at 600 yards, 6.5" at 905 yards as tested by Marine Snipers at Mountain Wafare Training Center at Bridgeport, CA. Just what you would expect from a Windrunner as it is the driving force behind all Ives - Ritchie work.

David - why the odd thread pattern on the muzzle? Not being compatible with the majority of off the shelf suppressors out there is kind of a bummer.

I aggree on the barrel thread and size, it should be 5/8 by 24(standard 308 suppressor flash hider size), at least the barrell is bigger at 7/8 so it can be machined down and rethreaded to the common thread and size.

No issue and no reason to be bummed. In the thread talking about the manufacturing of the Nemesis barrel, I mentioned that both barrel threadings are available. Read about it here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1014893#Post1014893

As mentioned, the smaller 5/8 X 24 thread is available as well. If one would want it in the group buy, it would be done for a very nominal fee. Just realize that this rifle is coming out of the minds of the folks that brought you the M98 and M96. With the much heavier profiling of the Nemesis barrel (4 pounds finished weight out of a special 18 pound blank) the decision was made to provide a robust 7/8 x20 thread for the two point system of both the Elite Iron and/or the Ops Inc. suppressor sets.

Just know that when you see the two threads side by side, the 5/8 X 24 looks like you could break off the end of the barrel with your hands in comparison.
grin.gif

Hello Crypto

Our barrels start at a 1.75 inch bar stock and are turned down to .885 inches at the front which matches up very well with 7/8 – 20 thread. The barrel is smooth and flows back 4 inches to a 20 degree angle then increases to a dimension of 1.030 where it is fluted.

Elite Iron, Ops Inc. and Shooters Depot all make suppressors for our rifle. With the thicker barrel and heavier thread it makes our rifle stronger. If you think of the quick detach Can adapters they screw on with 5/8 – 24, but increase to a course and heavy thread.

When the barrel is turned down to 5/8 – 24 thread we looked at it and thought, that looks like you could break it off (although you cannot).
Good News is we can turn the barrels to 5/8 – 24. With the group by there will be an additional charge as the barrels threads and fluting has already been completed and would need to be setup again and reworked.

Bottom line if that is what you would like to have it can be done.
Thank you for your question and if there are more, please do not hesitate. Although, during the day I am running none stop I will answer your questions.

Thank you,
David
Nemesis Arms Inc.
909-520-5636

David
I am quite impressed with the rifle so far based on its appearance and ability to break it down into more compact size for ease of transport. I would like to see some groupings from the rifle if you have it.

(Thinking about buying it.)

Gunny,

I do not have them yet from owners, we sent them out and had a customer fed ex them. Should have some tomorrow. I will post them ASAP.

We do guarantee 1/2 MOA, but have had shooters best that to same hole at 100yds.

Thank you for you questions and interest,
David
Nemesis Arms Inc.
909-520-5636

David here, just wanted to say thanks to everyone here at Snipers Hide. Over the last 24 hours you guys have kept me very busy. I currently have full deposits on 4 Nemesis model 6 rifles and another 4 of you have shown continued interest.

For those that truly want to take advantage of this pricing, please do resolve yourselves. As I told you guys on the phone, I will honor this up 8 finished rifles, because I do not want to disappoint anyone.

You guys are going to love these rifles.

Thanks again.

Kinda curious, Which of you guys decided to try this rifle out? Definitely interested in how yours work out.

CJG

Hello everyone, David here from Nemesis Arms. We were fortunate enough to have all of our Nemesis Model 06’s treated with an amazing proprietary system that everyone else will be reading about in 6 to 8 months. This system impregnates the metal with Teflon (NOT A COATING); this allows the metal to wear slower, inhibits or at this point from our testing eliminates rust and requires no oiling. We have run 78 rounds through one rifle/barrel with no cleaning, dry patching, no solvents, sprays, anything and the barrel looks brand new, no deposits, residue, Just clean.

This process is being done to all of our metal parts. This has made the rifle shoot flatter due to the decreased friction. This also increases the life of the rifle as well as the barrel.

More to follow,
David
www.nemesisarms.com

I don't think David checks this forum too much. you should just give him a call, there phone number is on the nemesis arms website.

CJG