• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nerf Gun Drama

vinniedelpino

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Charlotte NC
    You've got to be kidding me....

My six year old got flagged by the school guidance counselor for talking about nerf guns in school. More specifically, a nerf gun shaped like a camel head that shoots light blue foam darts to emulate camel spit. Two teachers and the school resource officer confirmed that any reference to "guns" involved the nerf gun in question and there is no immediate concern. This was brought to my attention after my wife picked up our kids and was asked to report to the principals office to discuss the matter.

HOWEVER.....

"Protocol" requires a safety check at my residence by the local PD to confirm all firearms are locked away in a safe. What kind of fuckery is this? Did we repeal the fourth amendment recently and I've been under a rock?

My knowledge of the law is limited, so I instructed my wife to let them know that we'll follow up after speaking with our attorney. I haven't heard back yet, so I figured I'd post here until I get a chance to sit down with legal counsel.

This is in NC by the way. What a disgrace.

My six year old got flagged by the school guidance counselor for talking about nerf guns in school. More specifically, a nerf gun shaped like a camel head that shoots light blue foam darts to emulate camel spit. Two teachers and the school resource officer confirmed that any reference to "guns" involved the nerf gun in question and there is no immediate concern. This was brought to my attention after my wife picked up our kids and was asked to report to the principals office to discuss the matter.

HOWEVER.....

"Protocol" requires a safety check at my residence by the local PD to confirm all firearms are locked away in a safe. What kind of fuckery is this? Did we repeal the fourth amendment recently and I've been under a rock?

My knowledge of the law is limited, so I instructed my wife to let them know that we'll follow up after speaking with our attorney. I haven't heard back yet, so I figured I'd post here until I get a chance to sit down with legal counsel.

I’d tell them to get mouth fucked.

A well written letter from an atty to either the Superintendent or school board suggesting that common sense is "indeed uncommon" and that the Principal needs to be reprimanded. At this point a letter of apology for the intellectual oversight might suffice.

HOWEVER.....

Was it the local PD, or was it the SRO's?
    Depending on the size and funding, many schools have their own police, that aren't associated with the local agency.
    Not that it matters, they have no right or authority to enter without a warrant or exigent circumstances.

Reactions: woogie_man and BCP
    Was it the local PD, or was it the SRO's?
    Depending on the size and funding, many schools have their own police, that aren't associated with the local agency.
    Not that it matters, they have no right or authority to enter without a warrant or exigent circumstances.
    SROs are assigned by town PD. They're regular officers and change out annually or so.

I'm hoping my attorney tells me to to send them packing. If he tells me I have to let them in I will.

Then I'll hit up Zillow and start looking for property somewhere far away with no local PD and an elected sheriff that doesn't subscribe to this gestapo bullshit. Maybe somewhere in WY, SD or OK.

Bad bad little nurf gun shooting other kids with soft darts of foam , nurf guns going on a rampage oh the horror . nurf are soft . back in the old days we used to have rock fights that shit hurt ... almost hurt as much as the ass whooping you got for hitting someone with a rock as they ran home crying and told there mom about it , and of course your name was the only one he could remember .

Unless they present a search warrant, with the specific item they are looking to find…, they don’t get inside. None of that “ we just need to take a look around, and then we’ll be out” bullshit. Tell them to go fuck themselves with their “voluntary compliance”.

Of course, like previously posted, they may hold your child’s education hostage until you acquiesce to their bullshit request.

The fourth admendment is still alive and kickin!

You know a sure way to end all this commie shit? Homeschooling. Starting our second one now - fuck public indoctrination centers - fuck globalhomo polices .
    I still wrestle with this regularly.

The most important life lessons I've ever learned were in the locker room and in the back of the school bus. The curriculum is easy enough to cover, but the Lord of The Flies-esque environment that exists within a public school is much harder to replace. That's where I learned to stand up for myself. It's where I learned basic business by trading snacks and selling candy. Behind every black eye and broken heart was a lesson that can't be taught out of a textbook.

To be honest, (and with no offense meant) everyone I've ever met that was homeschooled was awkward as hell. I'm about 20 minutes from the Billy Graham Library too, in the heart of the bible belt. There's no shortage of homeschooled people here. It's the social aspect of things that pushed away from homeschooling thus far.

I wish more conservatives pooled together to create private schools. I'd pay good money for that.

SROs are assigned by town PD. They're regular officers and change out annually or so.

I'm hoping my attorney tells me to to send them packing. If he tells me I have to let them in I will.

Then I'll hit up Zillow and start looking for property somewhere far away with no local PD and an elected sheriff that doesn't subscribe to this gestapo bullshit. Maybe somewhere in WY, SD or OK.
    No PD in my town... They're working on one though... And not having a lot of luck. Sheriff's office used to patrol, but there was a budgeting fight and they quit.

No PD, no regular patrols by the sheriff... And yet somehow the place didn't descend into Mogadishu.

If there is an emergency there can be a decent wait for LE... We all know that. But I think the riff raff do too... It's possible they realize it's a long time to lay there bleeding... If anyone bothers to call the law.

Mike

We may be able to make an exception for you given the content and tone of this thread, but beyond that Oklahoma is closed.

Nah...hell no.

NC is a great state if you avoid Buncombe, Wake, Orange, Durham and Mecklenberg counties. Most everyhere else is very red and very traditional values.

"I wish more conservatives pooled together to create private schools. I'd pay good money for that."

Right there with ya. My parents sent me to catholic school 1-6th grade. Killed 2 birds.... I learned to despise organized religion and got my ass beat when I got in trouble.

I'd have no problem running to local or even (gasp) Fox News with this story.

Anything that I could do to make them famous and embarrassed a little.

Only way you can change a school's mind is to hit them where it hurts...in attendance-related funding. Create enough of a storm that people start looking to take their children elsewhere.

I still wrestle with this regularly.

The most important life lessons I've ever learned were in the locker room and in the back of the school bus. The curriculum is easy enough to cover, but the Lord of The Flies-esque environment that exists within a public school is much harder to replace. That's where I learned to stand up for myself. It's where I learned basic business by trading snacks and selling candy. Behind every black eye and broken heart was a lesson that can't be taught out of a textbook.

To be honest, (and with no offense meant) everyone I've ever met that was homeschooled was awkward as hell. I'm about 20 minutes from the Billy Graham Library too, in the heart of the bible belt. There's no shortage of homeschooled people here. It's the social aspect of things that pushed away from homeschooling thus far.

I wish more conservatives pooled together to create private schools. I'd pay good money for that.
    I started out in private school, honestly I wish they would have kept me in it.

Edit- still had all the same situations/interactions as public school, but I felt the teachers didn’t act like they were forced to be there and they put more effort into making it interesting. Granted they didn’t have Ag class, that’s about the only reason I showed up to school lol

Last edited:
    Jesus some of you live in shitty places. Sorry you’re going through this.
    Agreed. When did this place (aka USA) become such a sorry joke?

Not everyone can swing it, but we homeschooled our kids from about age 12 or 13 because the school trend was becoming noticeable.

I also agree with obtaining a lawyer and resisting this crap, regardless whether anything is actually "locked up" or whatever they claim to be "verifying." Don't let anyone snoop around, because then they can lob any BS they "saw" as some sort of "concern."

On the flip side, I kind of feel like pulling kids out of public school is the same as “conservatives” leaving California. They just rolled over and hid basically instead of fighting.

Running away and not fighting only helps them push it farther over the edge

Lots of weird hippies homeschool their kids, this one family the oldest boy (13-14) didn’t even know what grade he was in and had one of those weird hippy names like “moon flower” or some BS. Man I felt bad for those kids.

On the flip side, I kind of feel like pulling kids out of public school is the same as “conservatives” leaving California. They just rolled over and hid basically instead of fighting.

Running away and not fighting only helps them push it farther over the edge
    To an extent, I would agree. But, my wife went to the public meetings and such, but that goes nowhere because while they allow input, the boards don't actually listen and just continue to implement whatever they want, regardless, and merely spout out "consensus" or "majority" support even if 90% of the feedback is negative; they don't care and do whatever they want according to their not-so-hidden agenda...or it becomes a "state mandated" rule they follow, which again we are powerless to overcome.

Reactions: akmike47
    To an extent, I would agree. But, my wife went to the public meetings and such, but that goes nowhere because while they allow input, the boards don't actually listen and just continue to implement whatever they want, regardless, and merely spout out "consensus" or "majority" support even if 90% of the feedback is negative; they don't care and do whatever they want according to their not-so-hidden agenda...or it becomes a "state mandated" rule they follow, which again we are powerless to overcome.
    The power to control comes from funding. The fed controls what a school does if the school accepts federal money. The state controls what a school a does if they accept state money. I think our last couple schools around here running purely on local funding fell in the 1990s.

NC is one of the worst states in the country for…well…anything.
    Geez... if you think NC is one of the worst states in the country you must be high on that white privilege.

I was born and raised in New York. NC is paradise in comparison. Property taxes are about 25% of NY, income taxes are about half, it's rare to step in human feces and I haven't been solicited by a transvestite prostitute once since I've been here. That's about 10 years!

Just how green does the grass get in your neck of the woods, bigfatcock?

Reactions: 346ci
    I wonder if the GOA or NRA has lawyers that work on this kind of stuff. I know CRN has won some cases on schools violating kids 1st amendment rights.

I hope you can squash it. That said, if you let them in your house for any reason without a warrant then you might as well give up the rest of your rights. They don’t have the probable cause to get a warrant based on a kid talking about a nerf gun. Search warrants cover criminal activity, not school employee curiosity. If your lawyer tells you to let them in, you should fire him because he has no clue.

If your lawyer says let them in, you need to find another lawyer. What kind of lawyer do you have; a guy that handles real estate and your will? If you need a lawyer, you need a prick shyster criminal lawyer.
    I have a one attorney that handles contract law, another for estate planning, one for real estate and related issues and two more for criminal law. That's one of the perks of having an office 100 yards from the county courthouse. I have about 50 clients that are attorneys and we operate on a "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" basis.

A good lawyer doesn't just know the law inside and out. He also knows how things work in the real world and can see two steps ahead, like a master chess player. They also usually have a good relationship with the DAs and judges in the area in which they practice. After all, civil courts are courts of equity. Certain issues aren't as black and white as they seem and a little finesse can make all the difference in the world.

The buck doesn't stop at what's legal and what's not. That's short sighted and often leads to a world of financial pain.

Reactions: mosin46
    Geez... if you think NC is one of the worst states in the country you must be high on that white privilege.

I was born and raised in New York. NC is paradise in comparison. Property taxes are about 25% of NY, income taxes are about half, it's rare to step in human feces and I haven't been solicited by a transvestite prostitute once since I've been here. That's about 10 years!

Just how green does the grass get in your neck of the woods, bigfatcock?
    Never lived in New York, but North Carolina has long been known in the southeast to tax everything, which it does…a lot…highly. Plus you have the gay ass permit to purchase a pistol. It’s almost as bad as living in California, but it’s nowhere as nice as California. Up until the newsome regime, California was much better than NC. They both tax the shit out of you, but at least California has nice weather lol.

It was easier for me to buy handguns in California than North Carolina. Better hookers too.

To summarize, NC sucks giant cocks.

Did the principle question your child without you present? Does it just take an unsubstantiated report from an indoctrination center employee to start this whole process rolling?

Oh, and gov Cooper loves getting monkey pox.

• Haha
    Reactions: roostercogburn98
    They'll show up with a CPS worker and a warrant...
    If they have a warrant... cops can come in.......... CPS .. not so much..
    but the problem is............
    you start fighting the state, and THEY WILL Make your life MISERABLE
    simple solution, if they have a warrant.. is what guns.. no guns here.. make sure nothing on premises.

It's coming everywhere
    OIP.iXZAsfkyQMg8ux1TkhT6fwHaE6

Reactions: GUN NUT in IA
    Never lived in New York, but North Carolina has long been known in the southeast to tax everything, which it does…a lot…highly. Plus you have the gay ass permit to purchase a pistol. It’s almost as bead as living in California, but it’s nowhere as nice as California.

It was easier for my to buy handguns in California than North Carolina. Better hookers too.

To summarize, NC sucks giant cocks.
    That is gay. I'll give you that. I have a concealed carry permit, so I don't have to deal with the pistol purchase permit nonsense.

Only the poors have issues with NCs flat tax. If you make good money that 4.99% isn't bad at all. I'd be paying more in 30+ other states.

It's not the taxes, it's the libtard bullshit that has migrated here from up north.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
    Was checking to see it wasn’t Harnett or Sampson. I couldn’t imagine those two playing that game, but have seen dumber shit. Our school SRO lives across the woods from us. I’ll see if I can pin him down and see what his take is on it.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
    another good life lesson for your son, about not talking EVER about guns in the home; NO MATER WHO asks.. nope, nada, dad doesn't believe in them
    edit - Nefs are NOT illegal, and talking about or participating in legal activities AFTER school don't require a search.....
    Now, if you want to get serious, spend a few hundred bucks, lawyer up, and talk lawsuit.. stuff stops real fast
    you start dishing out lawsuits to school boards, teachers, etc.. people perk right up
    some good info out there, use google

Last edited: