• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Netting size

InfantryM24

Private
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2008
Dallas, TX
I did a search on the forums and didn't find anything that would comment on the size of netting preferred! I don't believe in buying $30 "sniper netting" from some online store, so I'm looking at different options. Obviously, I am going with nylon but the question is size. I am also wondering about the density of different colors throughout. I am going with Natural, Dark Green and Light Green jute, but too inexperienced to know the ratio that would be most effective. Going with an X Camo base and hoping it's not too dark. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Netting size

1-1/2" X 1-1/2" to 1-3/4" X 1-3/4" squares is a good size you can go smaller or larger, but this has been a great size for me. However, I don't use old style 2" wide military burlap rolls, I have migrated to newer materials and life is good.

Call up Gourock and ask for a 6' X 8' piece of the above sizes in black, you can change the color with fusion paint or just standard Krylon. Gourock will ship you one piece or 100, price is constant, no quantity discounts, but then again the price is inexpensive enought already.

HTH

I bought 3/4" nylon fish net. It was about 12 feet wide on a roll like carpet.

i also have roughly 3/4 x 3/4 net
i got a bushrag guille a few years back as a gift, but have since dissembled it for use in a custom build.