• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Nevada wait time for suppressor?

AIdog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2013
NLT, NV
www.indiandogs.com
Im up in Reno, NV and my class 3 dealer was saying that a typical wait time for a suppressor is 1 year and was just wondering if theres anyone else I can go through to make things happen sooner than that... Im looking at getting the 30p-1 thunder beast suppressor and was hoping for less than a year to get it. Any feedback would be much appreciated thanks

The dealer doesn't really have much to do with it. If the can is in stock and the paperwork gets done you're waiting on the ATF approval. It's probably in the 8-10 month time frame right now.

I gotcha I read some posts of people getting approved earlier than a year so was just wondering if the dealer or region had anything to do with the processing. I guess the wait begins....

Get a trust, e-file? Or is e-file a no go anymore?
But definitely get a trust, go to Reno firearms academy and they'll point you in the right direction.
It speeds up the process by not having you wait for LEO approval.

There are actually two waiting periods. If your suppressor dealer doesn't have the one you want in stock, and you order from him, the factory has to produce the suppressor and transfer it to the dealer, which involves the ATF. That took about 9 months for one of mine. Then you do your paperwork and apply for the transfer to you or your trust, which is the second waiting time that can take up to 10 or 11 months currently.

But definitely get a trust, go to Reno firearms academy and they'll point you in the right direction.

ok ill check that out for sure! i have a CCW if that helps? just trying to get the right approach to this so i don't end up waiting even longer...

ok ill check that out for sure! i have a CCW if that helps? just trying to get the right approach to this so i don't end up waiting even longer...

DoneinOne,

Having a CCW does nothing to speed up the process. The only way to save time is to get a trust set up. I would recommend Ben Bunker for a trust: Las Vegas Small Business Lawyer, Corporate Attorney | Bunker Law Group . Ben has been amazing to work with and he can do everything over the phone and internet. You could have a trust setup within 1-2 weeks. Then, you would not to have to wait for the Washoe County Sheriff's office to sign off on your form. This could save about 4-6 weeks.

Meanwhile, I would also recommend going through US Firearms Academy, but only if they have a suppressor in stock. If you do not buy of their suppressors, you will be charges an additional $150 on top of the $200 tax stamp. Wait time is about 1 year still.

Good luck and let us know what you ultimately do.

eForms for Form 4s (transfer of NFA item, like a suppressor) will not be up until they rewrite the entire system. And they haven't even let the contract for that job.

eFrom Form 1s are coming back in a bit over a month now.

So if you want to build your own suppressor, that will be quicker. :)