• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Never been more PO'ed in my life!!!! I need help!

WDN-K-9

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 29, 2008
    Mt Pleasant, SC
    Hey guys, been overseas for a while on work and just back to catch up and my days were going good until....... I've been ticked off really bad in my life, but rare is it that it is with people who are not trying to do me harm. Well, here is my deal today, and I do not know where to turn now. I bought, some time ago, a FN SPR .300wsm barreled action from a great guy here on the "Hide". Everything went as planned. It arrived to the shop I had it shipped to and they never called. They knew it was coming in but just ignored my request to call me as soon as it arrived. Well, I finially called and they said, oh, is that yours? We were going to send it back because we did not know anything about it. So, in a rush to get by there and keep them from returning it, I ran in with seconds left before they close to check it out. Well, being so late they did not want to fool with the transfer then. I ask them to open the box, and everything is as it should be. Action, bbl,bolt, mag box, follower, Williams bttm metal, 20moa rail new never fired. So, I am like I will be back as soon as I can, hold on to it and I will call you when I am on my way (these guys are like 30 miles away from my side of town). Anyway, with my line of "work", I had to leave for overseas at the last minute, so I called and asked if it would be a problem for them to hold on to it until I returned, and they said "no problem at all, we understand and it won't take up much room". So, I am out of the country, doing what I do, and the time I was to be there goes from 2 to 3 to 4 to 7 months. I get back and go to pick it up. 1st they can't find it. Then, after, duh, looking in the computer, they see it is still there but they do not know where they put it, so, I'm like, that's cool, I know it has been a while and I was away so take your time and call me when you find it, "I'm sorry I had to leave it so long" and they said "we still have it, you are a great customer...blah, blah, blah". They find it and call so I run down today and pick it up. We open the box, and I'm like, WTF, where is the bolt, and WTF, where is the rail? They rumage around for like 5 minutes and then they are like are you sure it was there? WTF, I opened the box with you when it arrived. With out so much as a we will look around some more and call you, or hey, let's see what we can do here, they are like, this is it, take it or we will send it back to where it came from. Well, I do not think they could do that since the paper work that was sent with it was also gone and the shipping lable was also cut off the box. Someone, their smith most likely took the bolt and the rail, and now it is gone and they feel no obligation to replace it. Let us not forget that my name and phone number was written on the box and on the tag around the trigger gaurd alog with the serial number. Now, I have a lump of steel that I can not use, Christmas tightened the pocket book, and I can not go shoot because I dumped everything into building this one rifle. I may list it up for sale or trade for parts for another build but damn.....WTF. Was supposed to shoot this weekend and now look.....I hate ranting and I do not like to complain about other guys livings.

Re: Never been more PO'ed in my life!!!! I need help!

Sorry for any bad typing....too pissed to spell check.
    Anyone got a WSM bolt and rail?
    frown.gif

You have a right to be pissed.

If I were you, I would calmly go speak to the owner. I would inform them that you belive that they have stolen items from you. Offer to let them replace them.

Tell them that if they do not, you will file a police report as such and also notify the BATF of their business practices.

For this to work, you HAVE to remain calm and deadly serious.

See where it goes.

Yea, I know, I almost did not transfer it, but I kept thinking about the $900.00 I paid for it and then them doing something else with it.

I would also look at filing a law suit against them only if the above does not bring any satisfaction to the situation. Don't know about laws whwere you are but if it was agreed that they would hold it for you and now parts are missing they are liable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a right to be pissed.

If I were you, I would calmly go speak to the owner. I would inform them that you belive that they have stolen items from you. Offer to let them replace them.

Tell them that if they do not, you will file a police report as such and also notify the BATF of their business practices.

See where it goes. </div></div>

+1

You can't let these ass holes get away with that. Even if it isn't that "big of a deal" to you its the prinicpal of the thing. YOU DO NOT MESS WITH ANOTHER MAN'S RIFLE!!!!

What is the name and location of the place we are talking about?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nemo go drink some tea with Firefly and then go back tomorrow and do what the dude above said. </div></div>

No Firefly for me tonight..........
    IMG_0627.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a right to be pissed.

One of those things that I am guessing the BATFE would not find humorous.

You could probably file a theft report with the local police agency and then call ATF and let them know.

First, remind them as to what you do for a living, then rip their heads off and s---down their throats!

Seriously, remain calm at all times. Call your attorney. Been there and done that. Nothing will get their attention faster than a letter from your attorney. Your attorney knows your legal rights and how to make things happen legally.

No, I;m not an attorney, I devorced one; but man could she write letters!

Good luck and stay cool,
    CT

As above with batF. If they don't get the parts for you. But I think a simple small claims court case will do you more good than anything. If you know the original seller just have him type out a receipt for you that will cover an entire rifle for this "custom build" and let it go at that. Most courts are very anti business so it is usually an easy win.

Kalifornia small claims limit is $7,500. So what kind of rifle can you buy for that?

Sorry about your situation. You got some good advice from the guys here on the hide. Would like a heads up so, I make sure and not do buss. with them.

I'm going to say this.....I do not like to publicly trash anyone or their life. They have done me ok until this point. If you would like a heads up on which store, send me a PM and I will let you in on it. I am filing a report with the Better Buisness Bureau tonight for a start. I will say this, the guy that opened the package with me when it arrived is no longer there, and when I went in, it seemed as if there has been quite a turnover, smith and receiving guy too, so who knows.....all I know is I have no bolt for a rifle that does not grow on trees. If this were a Remmy, I would be thinking, ok....I can dig that up quick....but I'm under a time crunch, where I might be (yea, I know, mights grow on a chicken's ass) leaving for little bit again in a month or less.

Can some one tell me what the cost of a FN .300WSM bolt would be?????

Dude, they stole your shit, its that simple. Treat it as such. Start with the PD/BATF, thats cheap. BBB wont do squat. If those fail, you can file in small claims (or whatever the SC equivalent is). You could also try to find a Pro-RKBA atty in your area and ask him to make a call or letter, but expect to pay a couple bucks or if they are really nice and do it pro bono, drop them off some ammo or something cool.

But, no matter what, someone owes you some frickin parts!

John

Man that sucks. Even with the turnover you'd think that one of them was still there from before. With a name and number on the box it was obviously for a specific customer. No real advice here other than what's been mentioned above other than I'd tell everyone I knew locally not to use that dealer.

Just asking, but since the receiver is still there will the ATF care/do anything? A buddy of mine sent a 1911 to a smith 15 years ago and when the guy went out of business they basically said, "You sent it to him so it's not stolen etc." Local PD went by and the guy called once, was supposed to return pile of parts and never did.

AFT is not going to do anything as this is a civil matter.

Yep,might have gotten a big screwing on this one. Just got off the phone with a PD Detective and real, real close buddy and he said, if the gun was not transfered to me yet, it was in their shop and technically belonged to them after it was transfered in, before it was transfered to me. Sheriff's office won't touch it unless it was already transfered to me. Lawyar could be about the only way to go. BOHICA. Me transfering it as it was today, signifies that I accepted it as is. Especially since it was in their shop for 7 months.

hey fuck that company notify the batf, get the statements from the gentilmen u bought it from with any pics with those items on the gun and sue there asses, tell them ur pissed and they now will have to reemburse u, and if u do all that it will go on there record and or the business will be shutdown, dont stand for sumone taking advantage of u because ur out of the country doing ur job. wut was the name of the business that way i and everyone else can stay away from that shady place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reelman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AFT is not going to do anything as this is a civil matter. </div></div>

+1. Local PD will say the same. Start with the owner, and then small claims court if necessary.

Damn that sucks. So you've already transferred it to your name?

I just went back through my email and I have photos, complete photos. Printing as I type. I also still have the name and number of the FFL that sent the package and the number for the guy I bought if from. I will make those calls tomorrow morning ASAP.

that really sucks but u can take it to small claims court

I have a 20 MOA rail from my first FN barreled action that was stolen when I sent it out for work. It was for a 308, but should fit your action. You can have if you want. Let me know.

Cameron

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakermeister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn that sucks. So you've already transferred it to your name? </div></div>

Yea. I was thinking of the 900 smackers I spent and they were telling me to take it or they would return it.

Re: Never been more PO'ed in my life!!!! I need he

If you were previously on good terms with them, first give them a chance to make the situation right. If they want to play rough, then make the phone calls as necessary. Give them the rope to hang themselves.

Another vote for this. Sorry to hear you got screwed though!

The rail on that action should be a 20 MOA from Near Mfg if the rifle is relatively new. The older models have Badger rails on them. I also have a Badger rail from my SPR .308 that I will no longer be using. If you are interested, send me a PM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 20 MOA rail from my first FN barreled action that was stolen when I sent it out for work. It was for a 308, but should fit your action. You can have if you want. Let me know.

Cameron </div></div>

Another reason why i love this site!

Also, contact the seller and have him confirm that the action was indeed sent with the bolt and rail. Ask him to contact the criminals at the store and let them know.

Get an afidavit from the sender stating what was in the box. With this in hand i would try talking to the owner and the BATFE. The value of the missing items is probably not worth the expense of a lawsuit. Allow hide members to help. Tell us what the name of the shop is. Members in your area should contact the shop and discuss the issue with them and let them know that this is not acceptable and that until this issue is resolved they and their friends will not do buisness with that shop. I'll call them as well.

FUCKING ASSHOLES!

BTW, Im vacationing in Beaufort right now. I see you are just north of here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 20 MOA rail from my first FN barreled action that was stolen when I sent it out for work. It was for a 308, but should fit your action. You can have if you want. Let me know.

Cameron </div></div>

Another reason why i love this site! </div></div>

Great isn't it....Thanks guys!!

Maybe I should turn my buddy in the last photo loose in the store. 110lbs of solid GSD knock'n shit over!!!
    smile.gif

If it was me, I would spend your money and time on getting the parts and building that rifle back up.

Fighting these people is going to cost more than what its worth.

Mark this up as a lesson in life to NEVER leave any property in the control of ANYONE you do not fully trust.

Hard is life, but you got to set yourself up to win. This i why when I have a firearm to be delivered I am onsite holding out for the U.P.S. truck. If I can not do that, I do not order the firearm, that's all there is to it.

John

sorry to hear about your problem. id be pissed too and rant all over the place. you should talk to an attorney too. even if the transfer didnt go thru til recently, they were still in care of that item and responsible for its care. be calm, gather your evidence and supporting documents. talk to the person that opened the box with you if they are there. give them a chance to make it right, but have all your documents with you wnehg you go in. that way they will know what they will be up against when or if they decide to make you take them to small claims. seems cheaper for them to just replace your stuff. hell they are a gun shop after all, though not much of one. stay calm but stay on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I might be able to get you a bolt, Let me make a couple phone calls tomarro. </div></div>

That would be great! Let me know!!

Brian

Talk to the manager or get the name of the owner and a number he can be reached at. Then go thru all the polite and proper ways of resolving the problem. If he is a smart buisness man he will see the problem developed in his store.

If there is no resolution have a "call the owner day" on the hide. Get everyone to jam up is phone with "do this guy right or your reputation might suffer." If the owner completly ignores you,carry a sign in front of his store with a dozen friends protesting the buisness. If you did that by yourself you would look like a loon. When an employee comes out and ask WTF. tell him news 6 will be here in an hour so you might want to call your boss.

Going to have a stiff drink. Thanks for the support guys!
    I will check PM's and this thread some more tomorrow.
    Hit me up tomorrow A10XRIFLE (Geroge), let me know what you find out about a bolt.

Brian

Man that sucks, you would thing a company that you do bussiness with like that would not screw you around, but anymore who knows.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Keep us up to date.

Damn brother that just sucks ass!!! You have gotten great advice and help from others.

Goodluck and hope it all works out.

what kind of lazy ass wont do a transfer for you when you were there to get it the first time? A transfer takes all of what two minutes even with a NICS check

Sorry to hear about your luck. Seems like you and I have something in common.
    frown.gif

I'd give you long story but you would get bored and I would get mad. So the short story you get.....
    Early this year I dropped off a very nice Polish Tantal kit, along with full payment to a local builder. Also had the reciever sent directly to him. Originally told the build was to take 5-7 weeks. 30 weeks later, numerous phone calls and a certified letter and no gun. I called the Pittsburgh BATFE office and spoke with a agent/officer?? He said that since the reciever had never been transferred into my name it was not a stolen firearm as far as they were concerned. BUT, he also offered to sweat the FFL/gunsmith. Two hours later the agent called me back and said that if the smith didn't call me by days end he'd pay him a visit, check all his books, basically sweat him a little. A week later the Tantal was in my hands.

I'd say a phone call to the BATFE won't take a lot of your time and may pay huge dividents. Either way it cannot hurt.Good luck and keep us informed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reelman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AFT is not going to do anything as this is a civil matter. </div></div>

+2
    Not their playing field.

CP

Excellent advice...

I would add that a photo of the complete barreled action, perhaps from the ad here on the Hide (showing rail and bolt included), along with an affadvit from the seller to the point that the parts were in the box when he shipped may help "refresh some memories". Especially if you have not taken possession (can't remember if you said you took it home yet or not). They are responsible for the property.

Stay calm, assertive, and respectful.

I hate that this happened to you or anyone else on here for that matter, but I think you are screwed. As your cop buddy stated the gun actually belonged to the shop. When you signed the transfer it was just as if you were buying it(as is). you could probably go to court and maybe get the bolt and rail payed for but what does that cost? If I was you I would get my attorney to right a letter saying if the problem was not resolved you would take them to court. Most of the time that's all it takes as another member stated. BUT if it came to actually going to court I'd probably just stay at home. I don't see what actually going to court would accomplish unless you won and they had to pay court cost. Like I said though a letter can do a whole lot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ofcrfs242</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would also look at filing a law suit against them only if the above does not bring any satisfaction to the situation. Don't know about laws whwere you are but if it was agreed that they would hold it for you and now parts are missing they are liable. </div></div>

+1. Often merely mentioning a lawsuit will yield results when nothing else will.