• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Never get stuck at a table next to a gun dealer...

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Holy crap... have to do a charity type dinner for busenhalter-6. And got stuck sitting next to this yahoo who just opened his own gun shop. Been an FFL for 5 years and finally went “full shop.”

First... wouldn’t shut up. Second.... apparently every gun he has belonged to Custer but they can’t find the letter... oh he went to SHOT show... had I heard about it?

He can get me great deals on Howas apparently. And he sells a lot of suppressors but they aren’t as quiet as people think but if you get a .300 blackout you can make them really quiet.

I was ready to commit hara Kiri with the butter knife.

Might have been an interesting conversation, but apparently I know nothing about guns.

Sirhr

Holy crap... have to do a charity type dinner for busenhalter-6. And got stuck sitting next to this yahoo who just opened his own gun shop. Been an FFL for 5 years and finally went “full shop.”

First... wouldn’t shut up. Second.... apparently every gun he has belonged to Custer but they can’t find the letter... oh he went to SHOT show... had I heard about it?

He can get me great deals on Howas apparently. And he sells a lot of suppressors but they aren’t as quiet as people think but if you get a .300 blackout you can make them really quiet.

Might have been an interesting conversation, but apparently I know nothing about guns.

Sirhr

There was no possibility of a conversation. You were subjected to a lecture by a Remchester instant expert. Have a stiff drink and say a prayer for the next victim.

Hi,

LOL he sounds like those super knowledgeable dealers that go to Shot Show strictly to get catalogs and brochures but do not place order for a dam thing.
Pull their dam luggage dolly with bungee'd milk crate around and stops at every booth wearing khaki 5.11 pants with IFAK on his belt with shemagh around his neck.

Sincerely,
Theis

Sir hr I can only imagine the look on your face as your thinking maybe telling him about your arty pieces and how if he knows when he will be able to "stock something similar in his inventory"

Sir hr I can only imagine the look on your face as your thinking maybe telling him about your arty pieces and how if he knows when he will be able to "stock something similar in his inventory"

I reached my retard limit in 30 seconds and then switched off. He needed to know nothing. I nodded a lot and said Um Hum.. and Bump Stock and vortex a few times.

What a waste of several hours I can never get back. Next time I’ll write a check to NOT attend.

Sirhr

Few years ago was at a jack and Jill baby shower (yes men and women, fucking in-laws) wife knew I wouldn’t go so she didn’t tell me I had to stay until I got there.

Anyway the men moved outside after a while so I followed suit, but I really did it know anyone else but my father in law and my brother-in-law.

After the requisite gambling, politics, wine talk someone spoke of shooting. Of course my ears perked up.

Started out about hunting and normal conversation, I’m trying to keep everyone involved so it’s not awkward...not my party.

Well this guy starts telling me he has a 308 shooting 147gr (Fmj ball) that he consistently hits clay birds at 600 yards with his FAL. Not a dsarms sass, a regular old rack 16”.

I let him talk for a minute because he seems knowledgeable enough and he’s not being a dick.

Then I start asking him about elevation etc, and where he shoots 600. There is no where on Long Island ny to get past 300.

That’s where it all went to shit.

My father in law saw I was giving him a way out of the conversation but the guy became emboldened.

Father in law kicked me under the table and gave me the eyes to shut him up.

Needless to say he wasn’t as knowledgeable as he thought.

LOL, no worse than being at a public range. For some reason the shooter next to me is always an expert ballistician, sharpshooter, historian, who owns a collection worth of an armory.

Whenever I find myself in conversation with unknown "gun people" (not very often BTW) I'll be quiet for a while. 99% of the talk is gear queer type shit with the occasional ridiculous unverified claim about someone's own skill.

When I do say something it's simply to invite the loudest loudmouth to the next USPSA match (if his boasts are pistol related) or to Thunder Valley if he's a "sniper". I do it real enthusiastic like I'm in awe of his "prowess". LOL not one of them has taken me up on it.

I reached my retard limit in 30 seconds and then switched off. He needed to know nothing. I nodded a lot and said Um Hum.. and Bump Stock and vortex a few times.

What a waste of several hours I can never get back. Next time I’ll write a check to NOT attend.

Sirhr
This calls for drastic tactics.
Only use as last resort.
Lean in and whisper in his ear, there is a gay guy sitting at our table...
As he recoils from the unusual/unexpected discovery let it simmer for a few seconds.
Lean in again and say, If you kiss me I'll tell you who it is...

R

This calls for drastic tactics.
Only use as last resort.
Lean in and whisper in his ear, there is a gay guy sitting at our table...
As he recoils from the unusual/unexpected discovery let it simmer for a few seconds.
Lean in again and say, If you kiss me I'll tell you who it is...

R

What the ?????:sick:

Sirhr
E685EA14-7C65-484D-BCFE-6E1A2C7A8A91.gif

Not like I said to give tongue...

R
Yeah right . Ya g9tta make him work for tongue. Should have trolled the guy .Asked him about Mil vs MOA . .45 vs 9 . How to zero a rifle . Bench or prone . Velcro sneakers or bamboo sandals . And don't fergit da holy grayyyail of all dets snipery . Silva Tips .

Reactions: Rthur
Reminds me of when sitting in a meeting with a new customer, and one of the SETAs bellows out a statement of "Oh, I shoot long range as a hobby. I'm a long range shooter." To which the prime contractor PM looks at me (she knows I shoot PRS style matches fairly regularly).

So I go "Oh, wow! That's cool! How far do you shoot?"

His response "Well right now I go out to 300yds with my 338 Lapua, but I can go out to a mile if I need to with this rig."

Silence. (Pregnant pause)

Me: "Oh, well that's cool!"

Prime PM: "So xxxx, you shoot long range too, right? How far do you shoot?" (with a slight twinkle in her eye)

Me: "Our range is restricted a bit, so we only shoot to a half mile or so. Some of the national level matches though...I've shot successfully out to 1260. So, call it just shy of 3/4 of a mile."

Silence. SETA shifts uncomfortably in his seat...

Me: "Anyways... So, as we look at this new design, and these system requirements..."

Sometimes it's best to shut the shit talkers up early; nip it in the bud so to speak.

"The names have been changed to protect the innocent" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Besides, us knuckle draggers can't read or write, so "X" allows us to "make our mark". :p