• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Never set down your weapon in a fight

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 / 04:59 PM CDT / Updated: Aug 8, 2020 / 11:23 PM CDT

AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
Share to TwitterShare to WhatsAppShare to SMSShare to EmailShare to More

JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Jackson Police Department is searching for the suspect responsible for fatally shooting a man at an apartment complex on Saturday afternoon.
The incident occurred in the 3700 block of Bailey Avenue at Sinclair Crossing Apartments around 1:00 p.m.
According to Officer Sam Brown, Marquis Bell, 23, suffered gunshot wounds following an altercation with the suspect, Landius Holmes.
Prior to the incident, Bell was sitting inside of the vehicle with occupant Robneisha Parker when Holmes pulled into the complex and attacked Parker.
Bell went to assist Parker and was shot multiple times. He soon died from his injuries.
Police said Holmes is still at large.
This is a developing story.
LATEST STORIES:

Reactions: Wading and CStroud
It will be spun in the media till it's DJT's fault.

Standard operating procedure in jacktown. Has been like this for years, just not as much national media coverage. Go to wlbt news website each day and count murders robberies etc. About as bad as Chicago. Just lost a state trooper working a 2nd Chicagojob as mail carrier. 1 perp allegedly caught in Chicago. Major ties between Ms and Chicago for some reason.

Did anyone notice he missed with the first two shots?
From 6 feet...
Yeh, I had to watch it a few times to make sure he missed. Maybe it was a warning, until the other guy went for his gun, and then he decided to get a little more serious about things.

Not sure what was going through his head when he put his gun on the ground...but I’m sure I know what went through his head 3 seconds later.

Reactions: Skwerl
Not sure what was going through his head when he put his gun on the ground...but I’m sure I know what went through his head 3 seconds later.
Probably wanted to say fuck the gunplay, I’ll put mine down, you put yours down, and I’m gonna kick your ass. Unfortunately that didn’t work out too well for em

nope, shooter was black...no riot required. BLM cant blame whitey for this one, so its not worth their time.
You guys are cracking me up, black on black crimes are so high and they never want to talk about it. got no more to say lolz

Probably wanted to say fuck the gunplay, I’ll put mine down, you put yours down, and I’m gonna kick your ass. Unfortunately that didn’t work out too well for em
Yep...once the guns are out there’s no moving back down to fist-icuffs. Use it or lose it.

Reactions: Skwerl