• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Never trust someone elses reload

Re: Never trust someone elses reload

Judging by the way he was messign with that I'd guess that he had a round stuck or something, or maybe a headspacing issue.

He's lucky...

There was one occasion where I sold a rifle locally, and didn't need that caliber ammo anymore. I told the buyer that he could have the ammo, provided that he clearly understood that he accepted all responsibility for firing them. That was just to cover my butt, since I had every confidence in the ammo that I reloaded. Every 10 pieces of brass were checked for proper headspace, every primer checked, and every case checked for powder prior to pressing the bullet home.

If I didn't know the person reloading, and how careful they are, I'd never run someone else's reloads in any of my firearms.

Recently while out quail hunting, I had run out of shells till we made it back to the truck. My buddy told me he was using hot loads his friend reloaded, wanted to see if i want to borrow a few. Sure I thought till he handed them to me. They were low brass shells with too much lead in them. Ummm no I'll pass after I looked at them. I told Rob that he needs to quit shooting them as well. well he did not, he was using a pump. I picked up a couple of his ejects, as I thought the casings was split due to over pressure.

The dumb ass should have known better that try to fire that weapon after having to keep pounding on the forward assist time after time with each new chambering of a round.

yeah not so much the reload I would be worried about. It's the fact that this guy obviously has a barrel obstruction, and if he had half a brain in his head, he would realize this.

But instead of checking it, he rams the forward assist home and probably just set that bullet back into the case by half an inch and turned that round into a grenade.

If you're going to shoot, know what you're doing. Including the signs of a squib round.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dumb ass should have known better that try to fire that weapon after having to keep pounding on the forward assist time after time with each new chambering of a round. </div></div>

Darwin can be a bitch.