• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEVER use the U.S. Postal Service!!!

oneshot onekill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
DeBary, Florida
They are the biggest bunch of Morons I have ever dealt with and here's why... I sent a payment of $1675.00 (2 Postal Money orders) to a fellow Hide member via Priority Mail with Tracking on November 22nd. It was scheduled to arrive on November 25th, coming from Florida to Texas. It didnt get there. I went to the website and plugged in my tracking number and all it told me was the package was scanned in Orlando. OK... Lame, but OK. Then I decided to call the 800 Customer Service number. They were only able to tell me the same thing. But also that I had to wait 30 days to file a claim and then it would take up to 60 days after that to get my money back if the payment was lost. They gave me a "case number" and told me someone would call within 48 hours with a resolution for me. The next day I got a call from someone at my local PO with the same answer... Again! So I called the 800 number again to find out if that was really what they considered a "resolution". They gave me some "Consumer something or other" number and offered no more assistance. The Consumer number was a long distance call and the person there could only tell me the same thing again. So I researched and found out the number of the PO in Texas to make sure they were aware of the situation and were looking for my package. They knew nothing about it but told me the mail had been running slow lately so it would probably show up in a few days. WHAT!? You gotta be fucking kidding me! That was all I knew through last week.

This week I called the 800 number again and now the person told me I should have filed a Money Order Inquiry as soon as it was late! NOW YOU TELL ME! Almost 2 fucking weeks later!!! So today I went in and filed the inquiries (I had to file 2. One for each Money Order) and come to find out they charge $5.40 to file each inquiry!!! I can only hope that I get my money back and soon after the U.S. Postal Service goes Tits-up!!!

The worst part of the whole sorted mess is that now I don't get the rifle I was trying to pay for, the poor guy that sold it to me has to try to re-sell it, and I have to hope that some time in the next 90 days I get my money back!!!

My Sincere Apologies go out to ogonzalez13 for all this mess! You've been Great and very understanding.

I'm tired of thinking about all this so I'll end my Rant now...

Thanks for reading.

John

Re: NEVER use the U.S. Postal Service!!!

Yep, one of the reasons why I don't send or receive the USPS MO's if I can help it. A bank check simply can be stopped and reissued if lost, USPS takes months to get your money back.

I agree. I ordered a couple of small things (~30 bucks) from a fairly prominent rimfire aftermarket seller and got it shipped USPS with tracking number. Said it was to arrive in a week. OK, well I live in a fairly remote area and don't need it until a week and a half. So day 3 and tracking says it has been processed in Atlanta. Day 4, no change... Days 6, 7, 8, 9, no change.

I call USPS. I give them the tracking number and they say "well, all I can tell you is the information from the tracking number." (This made me question WHY this person had a job) I filed a missing package complaint and I missed their call back (you have to email and then they call you) as I was at work on day 10. Day 11 I file the complaint again and catch their call. The guy that called me was the local postmaster NOT the one in the Atlanta office where the package allegedly was. Anyways, the guy tells me that he has no records of the package and basically I'm SOL. I respectfully but sternly voiced my displeasure about USPS policies and told them that I won't be using them again.

Day 12, I email the seller with my official USPS complaint number, a copy of the complaint and asked them what their policies were. By this time I've already missed the date I wanted to have the stuff in. After 2-3 days of trading emails the gist of it was that since the seller already sent the package, they are not responsible once they hand it over to USPS, UPS, or FedEx. By this time I'm pretty frustrated, but understand their position.

Day 16, I begin writing "return to sender" on all junk mail. I call the local post office and ask the postmaster to elevate the complaint to the regional office. He agreed. I never heard anything.

Day 17, I abandon hope.

Day 27, the package arrives in the mail. I vowed to never use USPS again and have not since.

agree with jasonk... why everyone wants a usps is unknown to me - to some its the easiest to fraud, but hardest to get your money back. I generally would rather do the "wait till it clears" gig than deal with usps. never had a problem on the hide but still usps mo only ... really???

shit, that was a great deal you had on that rifle too. Not to throw salt in the wound, but I kept oogling that rifle...hope it works out man.

I fella sent me a MO on the 22nd it was stuck in OKC for a bit then went on to Boise, then the dumb fuckers sent it back to OKC and now who the hell knows where it is. They have their heads shoved so far up their asses they have no clue which way is up.

I hear all the bad about usps, but have had A LOT better luck with them than ups or fedex. Fedex should be named, "we only higher the mentally retardist dumb fucks on the face of the earth to deliver our packages." I mean really, in the age of gps can give you your position to 2 meters, you cant find the correct address?

The thing about FedEX is that there are people who own the routes and they hire their drivers. At lead thats how it works in my area. So you can end up with a felon for all you know or someone who doesn't care one bit about your stuff or when it gets there.

I've posted what to do before. You can search and find the info.

Basically, it's a lot easier if you know what you're doing.

AND DOES NOT COST ANYTHING.

US Postal Money Orders are still the way to go from a sellers perspective. I cash them at the counter, the money is in my pocket, I can ship your item and move on to something else. There are no reversals 87 days later or other shenanigans.

I have shipped so much stuff in the past 4 years VIA USPS to my spot here in Germany and have had Zero(0) issues at all. I am not talking just minor things either...

edit: however I would be pretty pissed about 1700 dollars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've posted what to do before. You can search and find the info.

US Postal Money Orders are still the way to go from a sellers perspective. <span style="color: #FF9900">I cash them at the counter,</span> the money is in my pocket, I can ship your item and move on to something else. There are no reversals 87 days later or other shenanigans. </div></div>
Yea... Good luck with that too. At my PO they can barely cash a $100.00 money order. They ALWAYS claim they don't have much money on hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've posted what to do before. You can search and find the info.

US Postal Money Orders are still the way to go from a sellers perspective. I cash them at the counter, the money is in my pocket, I can ship your item and move on to something else. There are no reversals 87 days later or other shenanigans. </div></div>

Also... Any chance of getting a link to that post? I searched with no luck. I also went 20 pages back into your history and didn't find it.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, one of the reasons why I don't send or receive the USPS MO's if I can help it. A bank check simply can be stopped and reissued if lost, USPS takes months to get your money back. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Kudos</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After 2-3 days of trading emails the gist of it was that since the seller already sent the package, they are not responsible once they hand it over to USPS, UPS, or FedEx.</div></div>

Another reason I use CCs. The seller contracted with the shipper, not me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The thing about FedEX is that there are people who own the routes and they hire their drivers. At lead thats how it works in my area. So you can end up with a felon for all you know or someone who doesn't care one bit about your stuff or when it gets there. </div></div>

Only FedEx Ground. Regular FedEx is corporate...

and the USPS wonders why they are going out of business, maybe if they would quit alowing all this fucking crap junk email to be sent, they wouldnt spend so much time and wasted manhours paying some moron to sort it, and less fuel carrying 1.5 megatons of shit in a 1950's abortion they call a JEEP!!!! (how can they even call it a JEEP when it aint fuckin 4 wheel drive?"