• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 10/22 Build

Bowman

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2009
I decided to pick up a 10/22 so I could get some trigger time without breaking the bank. It also keeps the mileage down on my other sticks.

I went out and bought the cheapest 10/22 that I could find and then rebuilt it.

Build:

Kidd Match Barrel, Stainless Bead Blasted
Kidd Two Stage Trigger with Curved Trigger, Silver
Kidd Match Bolt with Kidd Cocking Handle
Kidd Guide Rod and Spring Kit
Kidd Bolt Buffer
Kidd Receiver Pin Kit
Bushnell Banner 4-16x40 Matte IR Scope
Butler Creek Flip Up Scope Covers
Power Custom Titanium Base
Millett Rings
Bell and Carlson Target and Varmint Stock
Harris Bipod 6”-9” BRM Swivel
Stock Rear Bag BALS MK-1

I haven't received the guide rod and springs yet so I haven't installed the charging handle.

I took the new stick to the range last night and was really impressed with the results.

I shot at 100 yards with 10-15 mph wind gusts. I used Federal Premium Ultra Match 40 grain ammo.

Here are pics of the rifle and my best shot groups. Of course I only took pictures of my tightest groups.

Iphone024.jpg

Iphone023.jpg

Iphone021.jpg

Range1022005-1.jpg

Range1022002-1.jpg

Re: New 10/22 Build

Thanks Kool. Yeah, I spent about a month deciding between building a 17hmr or the 22lr. I really like the trajectory of the 17 but ultimately decided to build the 10/22 because of the huge aftermarket options and cheaper ammo.

Knowing myself, I'll probably end up with a 17 at some point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Knowing myself, I'll probably end up with a 17 at some point. </div></div>

If you are thinking about the H2 i would just get a conversion kit for your 10/22. You use the same mags etc just swap out the barrel and bolt handle.

So you did this to save money shooting and then spent several hundred dollars to upgrade the rifle. You think just like me! I have been "saving" money this way for years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silver78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you did this to save money shooting and then spent several hundred dollars to upgrade the rifle. You think just like me! I have been "saving" money this way for years. </div></div>

LOL...too damn true. This is kinda my MO. It's funny you mention this because I have considered ditching that Bushnell Banner for better glass. I don't need better glass per se, so much as I need a better reticle. I don't plan on ringin' steel at 500 with the rifle so clarity isn't such a concern. I have 4 Nightforce scopes and LOVE them. I need something like a Nightforce with MOA hashes for windage/holdover (like the NP-R2) and a fine reticle.

Anybody know of a glass with the above criteria without the $2000.00 price tag?

Very nice rifle! I don't know how much money you're going to end up saving though...