• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 1000 yard range in Ocala Florida

STR

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2010
Miami Florida
A good friend of mine opened a new training facility in Ocala, Florida which includes a 1000 yard range. I have no idea how he plans to market it, but for now we just come up with a group of six to eight shooters, and give him a call. He provides the range, and spotters. He has gas powered golf carts to go out to the targets, and its up to the shooters when the range is hot or safe. Anyone interested needs to get a hold of him and work out the details. He is a great guy with a lot of experience in self defense, and practical shooting. I know there's not to many 1000 yard ranges in Florida, so I thought i would help spread the word. Below are some cell phone pics I took on my first visit to his property. His business name is Force 4.

Postimage.org / gallery - IMG 1976, IMG 1978, IMG 1980, IMG 1986, IMG 1987, IMG 2006, IMG 2008

There is also a range in Volusia county that goes out to 1200.It's about 10 miles west of I-95, off state route 44 heading towards Deland.You can find their practice schedule on facebook page.Just google Volusia long range and it should direct you to their page.They usually have practices on Mondays and Saturdays.Matches on Sunday.

Now if we could just get one down here on the East side of the state. there is only 200 yards around here and I have to drive an hour to get to either of those ranges.

Man I love Florida and plan on dying here, but the one thing that has always bugged me is the lack of loner range shooting facilities, such a gun friendly state with very little long range opportunities.

We have one in northwest Florida at K&M precision. Costs 30.00 a day to shoot without membership.

Very nice to see the boys in Ocala having a long range... Went hunting many times in Ocala national forest and silver springs... But that was many years ago... That place is growing like crazy.

Now looks like you can now hit a 1000 yd range, go to Daytona Beach and Disney all in one trip!!

That short guy in the pics is a handsome dude ;)
Force 4 academy is a fantastic facility. The main range is 1000 yards with steel at every 100. John Gardner also customizes courses of fire to your desires.
The best part is it's all private groups so no yahoo's to deal with.
You can find them on facebook and send John a PM.
STR builds some pretty awesome rifles too.

Tag for more info. I'm 30 min away from Ocala and have been painfully traveling over to VCGHC on the coast.

Just wanted to bump this - Manatee Gun Club goes out to 1,000. It's only $20 a day and they're a bunch of great guys. It's about 30 minutes East of Bradenton.

I am not affiliated with the club at all, but I don't want to see it go under due to lack of business.

Just wanted to bump this - Manatee Gun Club goes out to 1,000. It's only $20 a day and they're a bunch of great guys. It's about 30 minutes East of Bradenton.

I am not affiliated with the club at all, but I don't want to see it go under due to lack of business.

Been to Manatee many times. Best range open to public in Florida for sure.
What are you talking about as far as "go under"?
They are always busy when I have been there. Do you have some new information?

Very interested in this range in Ocala. I am about 45 mins north from there.

I wouldn't says its Ocala, more like Dunnellon which is west of Ocala by about 25 miles. Awesome facility with a great layout and comfy covered shooting positions both high (top of connex) and ground level. At ground level you are shooting over a natural depression so the mirage doesent kill you too bad even on hot days. You won't be disappointed