• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 2012s???

BrettSass844

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Germantown, OHIO
Seen CZ has a couple new rimfires available. Really like the new Precision Trainer. Good deal! When will other manufactures start putting their models out? I guess in Marlin's case we are still waiting on their claimed release of months ago. But as far as Savage, Remington and Ruger? Never paid much attention to release dates before. I may be in for a new little plinker this year.

Re: New 2012s???

I really like that CZ. What are some rumors for this coming year? What would you guys like to see released from some companies on the rimfire front?

As a Savage fan Im not sure they can improve much on the bolt action rimfires they currently have. They have a wide variety and one that could easily fit any shooters needs or desires. I would however like to see them work on their semi auto line. I havent heard much good about the model 64. Never shot one. I did hold one in a store and I was quick to decide to put it back on the shelf. I love the idea of the 64TR they have, just wish it was a better action and different mag design.

Looks nice but for 900 bucks? I guess I dont know what the regular 455 was going for but wow. At that price I would hope it is as accurate as a 40x

It is a Manners stock that somewhere in the $475 range aftermarket.

As far as other manufactures I forgot about Mossberg. Not necessarily mentioned much in the precision game. But, I like some stuff they have come out with lately. Great looking models for plinkers and kids. I was considering one of their AR style 22s for my 9 year old daughter.

too bad they waited for the CZ 455 platform to offer the manners stock. I'd like to get one of these but with the CZ 452 receiver.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gjantzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">too bad they waited for the CZ 455 platform to offer the manners stock. I'd like to get one of these but with the CZ 452 receiver. </div></div> Why not just send your own 452 to Manners to have it properly fitted? They do that.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2324998#Post2324998

wouldnt mind seeing more choices for the lefty's out there!

especially in the bolt actions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like that CZ. What are some rumors for this coming year? What would you guys like to see released from some companies on the rimfire front? </div></div>

I'd like to see Remington come out with a 40X or 504T type of target gun...that doesn't suck. </div></div>

If they made a target rifle with a 700 footprint I would be all over it. Wonder why they stopped?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would you guys like to see released from some companies on the rimfire front?</div></div>

if i had a wish list:

1. a hornady vmax version of the 5MM, and make plans with savage, marlin, cz, ruger etc. to release a mass produced and easily procured rifle, sort of what happened with the .17hmr.

2. choate (or someone similiar) come out with a "tacitcal styled" stock for savage, marlin, cz, ruger etc for under 150.00. or even a universal blank for less money that can be inletted to your favorite action

3. remington to reintroduce the 40x

4. a conversion cartridge that can have your .223 BOLT rifle use .22lr.

5. more choice in replacement / adjustable triggers

6. springfield armory to get into the rimfire rifle market.

Nice little list TP. Personally I would also like to see some more stocks manufactured for Savage, Marlin and CZ rimfires. It would be nice if Savage or Remington put out a top notch 22 with the same bolt spacing as their short actions. Would like to see Hornady keep expanding their rimfire offerings possibly introducing a match grade 22LR ammo. The savage offerings have come a long way and offer a shooter a great way to get into a trainer style 22 with help from Boyd's and DIP. It would be great if the options keep on coming. I will likely add a 17HMR this year. So for now I will sit back and wait to see what comes out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It would be nice if Savage or Remington put out a top notch 22 with the same bolt spacing as their short actions. </div></div>

the bolt spacing thing would solve a whole lotta things now wouldn't it?

I want a 20 MOA version of this: PWS 3

Put it on a Boyds Tacticool and tell everyone it's a Manners.

Im browsing for a .22 as well and I would like to know what is being smoked over at Mossberg? That is some ugly ass combinations of stock designs and that horrid looking looking muzzle brake.

Im still hoping Savage will begin offering the rimfire receivers available by themselves so you dont have to buy a complete rifle and throw out the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im browsing for a .22 as well and I would like to know what is being smoked over at Mossberg? That is some ugly ass combinations of stock designs and that horrid looking looking muzzle brake.

Im still hoping Savage will begin offering the rimfire receivers available by themselves so you dont have to buy a complete rifle and throw out the stock. </div></div>

That would be nice. Buy the receiver and let Lija put one of their 22 barrels on it. I think over the next 2 years or so we will see more stock offerings. But honestly I'm not counting on it this year. I will just hope for a full size 22 with the SA screw spacing instead.
smile.gif