• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New .22

Varmint_Poontang

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Bacliff, TX
Just got a Model 1969 .22 Romanian Trainer from a guy at work for $40. Just finished cleaning it and it is in excellent mechanical condition but the stock is rough. 25yd sight leaf is broken off but 50 and 100yd leafs are intact. Cleaning/maintenance tube is still in the stock with all components and the spring door on the stock to hold the tube is in good working order. Does anyone know anything about these rifles? Was this a good deal? Any info would be appreciated.

Re: New .22

I have fired several, and they appear to be good shooters. The info their owner gave was that they were surplused from a USMC source. He said to grab up any that came my way, but none yet. They are worth fixing up and/or refinishing.

Greg

Heck, I'd say that any .22 that fires is worth $40.00.
grin.gif

Cocks on closing, nonstandard dovetail, hard to find mags, great value, according to everything I have heard.