• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 3 lug - Terminus Actions are coming soon

...better chance of seeing Haley’s comet...if that’s all the info we get

An Aug 1 release and not even a single teaser photo.

Missed that headline, what happened?

Reactions: 1fliride
Thanks!

I think it’s a little unfair to the company to imply there will be a product that soon. Their website isn’t up yet and I believe that is what is coming aug 1.

A little premature on the product launch. Be nice to have details, really any details, for any potential consumers to get excited about.

Reactions: DangerRanger
This will either be a success or a complete atomic bomb.

yea. ARC could take a page out of that book

Reactions: Dooby
here's the bright side. having actions ready to ship the day they're announced. that's something entirely new

That's certainly nice, but I agree with the above - they're certainly not doing themselves any favors in the marketing department.

No one has any idea what is coming out August 1st, so I doubt the check books will be coming out in any big numbers.

Some companies have done a horrible job on the flip side, that I agree with. But it certainly would be nice to have some specs, pictures and independent reviews prior to product launch. Rather than coming into it completely blind.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
It’s called strategic ambiguity. And it creates curiousity, which is very powerful.
i'm with this. how many orders will he get the first day. how many first day nucleus and origin orders were there?

we know who it is and what he's been a part of.

lexus used the same strat in the early 90's not showing their cars in full during commercials
they waited too long and it backfired

timing is everything in marketing

creating curiosity is one thing but in a market already flooded with knock offs of knock offs its best served by throwing it all at the wall and hoping some sticks

if there were some different mfg techniques, materials specs etc, putting those out there with out any pics would create a ton of curiosity

all that aside, hoping for the best...and some pics

OK, but from a business standpoint, how long will i have to sit on the money (capital) spent on said actions before people get their opinions, reviews done to form those opinions, their hands on one, etc, before they decide to buy it? The interest peaking shouldve been done 2 or 3 months ago.

Meh, no matter how they would have done it there would be a hide thread complaining about it.

We should have some pictures and more info soon. I hope he succeeds, It would be an awesome throwback to master builders to have a whole rifle built by him with one of those insane wood stocks he does.

Rather than talking about the actual action, we are talking about marketing strategies.

Wish this thread would get nuked, and when more details are released, we can start a new thread and talk about the actual product.

Right now we are just wasting bandwidth IMO.

^agreed and im guilty. Im just trying to wrap my head around the situation.

Meh, no matter how they would have done it there would be a hide thread complaining about it.

We should have some pictures and more info soon. I hope he succeeds, It would be an awesome throwback to master builders to have a whole rifle built by him with one of those insane wood stocks he does.

I want one of his stocks.

One day.....

Reactions: b6graham
Like whats been said, if Joel had 100% input on the action, i bet its going to be pretty killer. I love my 3 lugs

I'll be watching to see how this goes over for him. I guess we are all used to a little tease and really he didn't do anything wrong with this approach and doing this type of reveal almost needs to be perfectly timed. I know bergara teased a lot with their semi auto .22 and I think a lot of expectations were built up that were unrealistic or just not where the gun was headed.

I'm honestly not sure what there is to expect out of a new action? I'm not expecting any breakthroughs. Maybe that's a good thing...

Phlegm...take a look at the other thread it actually has pictures and information I never saw posted about any action discussed on this site
Parts, hardness etc

Interesting trickle of info today. Just posted that they will produce 4 different actions.

I can't wait to see this action. Undoubtedly it's a big ask for a 'new' business to get all it's design, prototypes, testing and marketing aligned let alone manufacture but I have a sneaking suspicion the man behind Terminus is more than experienced.

I can't wait to see this action. Undoubtedly it's a big ask for a 'new' business to get all it's design, prototypes, testing and marketing aligned let alone manufacture but I have a sneaking suspicion the man behind Terminus is more than experienced.
It's already been mentioned who it is...and he's more than used to this

Curious if he starts to offer complete builds. Terminus action. His famous wood sticks. And keystone barrels to keep it local.

Reactions: DR Rhino
It's interesting to watch this thread and the varying degrees of responses. I know a few things on the subject.

Joel is a great American, and a friend. He is passionate about all things precision shooting. Anything he makes/touches is built to perfection. Because of this, Terminus will succeed. The nay sayers will soon see what Terminus is about. Joel is launching this the way others should have in the past, just have a little patience...

It's interesting to watch this thread and the varying degrees of responses. I know a few things on the subject.

Joel is a great American, and a friend. He is passionate about all things precision shooting. Anything he makes/touches is built to perfection. Because of this, Terminus will succeed. The nay sayers will soon see what Terminus is about. Joel is launching this the way others should have in the past, just have a little patience...

His wood stocks seem like works of art. Not sure how big of a role he had in Curtis Customs, but would hardly call those products perfection.

Interested to see what he comes up with on this product. I wish him the best of luck in his new endeavor.

His wood stocks seem like works of art. Not sure how big of a role he had in Curtis Customs, but would hardly call those products perfection.

Interested to see what he comes up with on this product. I wish him the best of luck in his new endeavor.

All I can say is that the issues with Curtis actions will not be the issues with Terminus.