• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 300 Rum Build W/Video 1453 yards

GO-FASTER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2006
OREGON
100_1397.jpg

not the best but had some crazy winds, 10 inch steel at 1453 yards. using a gps to range, shooting a 208 gr. A-Max the 2 hits in a row was nice,need a better rest next time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTcAXsj--CQ

Re: New 300 Rum Build W/Video

30 inch Krieger, remington action,
strictlyRUM did the work for me

I love the trace, the angle that goes up, almost looks like a 203 round going out. What was the drop at 1450?

The vertical on your load is pretty good.Go out on a calm morning at the same distance and see how many times you can hit the steel.Great looking rifle.

Steve

I think its a better idea to get a bigger chunk of steel for that range. I cant even get him to buy one tho. I bought that one for 5-800 and he wants to put it at 1500? I was trying to explain to him that is like shooting a .75 in group with all the atmospheric conditions of 1500 yards. He likes the new gun and had more faith then I did.

The winds at that place are not that "BAD" per say. Just switchy and most of the time they are going three different directions. It helps if you get there before noon too! He had steelhead to catch tho? Some peoples kids! Oh well. I only got to steer her for 7 rounds and I managed to get two on the steel after one correction. Then I played TRY and guess what the wind is going to do next.

Jason

PS.....

Soon I will have frankenstein done and we will be lobbing som 178grn Cauterucios at it.

Nice! What was your load with the 208's? I shorted myself with a 27" tube. I knew I should have got a 30! What's your twist?

How consistent is the load as far as ES and SD?

Your exact combo is interesting the hell out of me.

93 gr. =3214-3205-3223-3211
93.5 gr.=3265-3256-3258-3266
94 gr. =3262-3240-3265-3271
94.5 gr.=3278-3267-3275-3299

all loads are H-1000
F-215 primers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GO-FASTER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">39 moa
560 inches </div></div>

how that's flat shooting!! my .300 WM with a 208 A-Max at that range needs 51.6 MOA!

Hows the barrel life on a .300 RUM?

Depends on the barrel and the way you treat it. Usually get about 1000-1500 before she opens up too bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strictlyRUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends on the barrel and the way you treat it. Usually get about 1000-1500 before she opens up too bad. </div></div>

That's not too bad, the round count on my rifle is 560 I will probably have to replace it around 2k (.300wm).. we'll see

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strictlyRUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends on the barrel and the way you treat it. Usually get about 1000-1500 before she opens up too bad. </div></div>

ok, i have watched the video a few times now, so the rate of fire in your opinion was not to fast from a heat perspective? i kinda thought things would be getting warm there. maybe i am babying my rifle to much.

No you are right. I think he shoots too fast and too long of strings. But he doesnt listen to me!

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hershey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strictlyRUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends on the barrel and the way you treat it. Usually get about 1000-1500 before she opens up too bad. </div></div>

ok, i have watched the video a few times now, so the rate of fire in your opinion was not to fast from a heat perspective? i kinda thought things would be getting warm there. maybe i am babying my rifle to much. </div></div>

I was just talking to a friend of mine and I have to slow things down too if I want to extend barrel life. I don't usually let the barrel cool down a whole lot in between strings of fire. I need to work on that...

Was the video through a spotter or just a zoomed camera? What magnification did the camera go up to?

J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GO-FASTER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess I need to go to a shooting school </div></div>

Oh dont get your panties in a wad! You dont need to listen to me anyways. You have a free gunsmith to put more barrels on whenever you burn em up! I was just saying that if someone wanted to get 1500 rounds out of a barrel they better not shoot like that.

Jason

Put a new Leupold 8.5-25 Tmr FFP on the 300 went up and shot yesterday at the 1453, very happy shot 2 Milk jugs in a row with only 3 shots to adjust,same load but it was only 37 moa to get there instead of 39 on the old Leupold scope?
wish I would of video it love blowing up jugs of water

I did alot of searching about long range guns built in
Oregon and this one caught my eye on youtube,so should I go 300 or 338 just want it big and bad so weight and size not a factor,and just how fast do you think a 208-210 can be pushed in a set up like this one?

i