• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New .30cal ScenarL

sharac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Slovenia
Hi,

there are some rumors of new 175gr and 220gr .30cal ScenarL bullets. They are supposed to be announced on SHOT or IWA this year anyone heard about it?

Re: New .30cal ScenarL

Stand by. I'm leaving for SHOT tomorrow evening, and the announcements will be made just as soon as the show opens. I'll keep you posted, no worries.

Ok i guess should've kept quiet
smile.gif

Nice!! How cool is that? I want to try some 175's.

Note to self; must remain keenly aware of this developement and try to get a jump on demand.

Sharac,

Hadn't noticed that you're in Slovenia, but are you going to make IWA? I don't think we have any samples of the new line available for SHOT show (I'm leaving for Vegas later this afternoon), but am hoping we may for IWA. It's in March, in Nuremburg, Germany, but I'm guessing you already knew this! If so, stop on by our booth and we'll see what we've got by then. Great show, and always worth the trip.

I'm planning to yes we'll see how it turns out... Have great show and lots of fun...

I want to know when Lapua is going to bring the Scenar bullet lineup into the 7mm world? Their quality in other bore diameters is outstanding so I could only think it would be as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Thomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stand by. I'm leaving for SHOT tomorrow evening, and the announcements will be made just as soon as the show opens. I'll keep you posted, no worries. </div></div>
So, whats the scoop?
cool.gif

Got back from IWA met with mr. Thomas and got few of the 175s to try and will give them a spin sometime soon. They look nice (meplat really uniform and nicely rounded) and by the look of it 175 just might be the new standard for .308&Co. I don't have enough for real in-depth test but it should be enough for initial impression.

Sharac,

Hadn't noticed that you're in Slovenia, but are you going to make IWA? I don't think we have any samples of the new line available for SHOT show (I'm leaving for Vegas later this afternoon), but am hoping we may for IWA. It's in March, in Nuremburg, Germany, but I'm guessing you already knew this! If so, stop on by our booth and we'll see what we've got by then. Great show, and always worth the trip.

Well for someone still using the old bullets, thought you might like this one. Note the bottom bullet box on the right. Brass is markedDSC01098.jpg

You mean D46 with rebated boat tail? Never tried them (185gr scenar/170gr lockbase are my primary two bullets) but as far as i know they are mostly not in stock so you either have a stash or its easier to get Scenars.

Only took 6 bullets from IWA (was kinda in a hurry barely managed to get to Lapua booth and they were running kinda low on bullets didn't want to take all :) ) and i'll load them tonight for a quickie probably this week...

#1 174,2gr 33,8mm length
#2 174,3gr 33,8mm length
#3 174,3gr 33,8mm length
#4 174,4gr 33,85mm length
#5 174,5gr 33,95mm length
#6 174,5gr 33.95mm length

Just for the kicks of it since this is no sample size so those measurements are really not representative of anything...

Got my hands on 500 .30 cal 175gr Scenar L's today. Wish I had a Litz-style report on its performance so I can get started.
Would like:
G7 BC based upon a fired sample of 10
Measured Ogive Radius in # calibers.
Some Loading Data from Lapua

It's too cold in Alaska to enjoy shooting, anyway...

My buddy ordered them and we split the box of 1000. He got them mainstream. Either Midway, Brownells or Grafs.