• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 30mm 9660 grain bullet next 690gr .50bmg

Kogapsp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2004
Santa Barbara
www.kogapsp.com
Ok now since I have a new small bullet design now I have have to makes some cases and then build a small action to take the excessive pressures this round may generate let alone a muzzle brake. Hoping to get 3200-3300 fps 233,600 ft lbs of energy.
Ok lets hear some feedback on this.

2yozhjm.jpg

30mm head next to a 690 gr. .50bmg

Last edited:
No shit, right!

Were it me, I'd aim for maximum velocity with that bad boy. Perhaps reform some 105 cases and bottleneck 'em down like that .416B. Maybe get a custom oversize Remington 700 action made. Keeping the weight down on the rifle is going to be your biggest problem I'm guessing, next to magazine design. It is going to have a detachable mag, right?

You gonna suppress it?

I think my boss would really be ticked if I had one of those on my desk. Of course it would be a nice 'place holder' when I read a computer dump.

Maxwell

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/recoil-calculator.php

Last edited:
I have a buddy who owns a mortar that launches bowling balls using black powder and cannon fuse. The mortar and carriage weighs around 200 pounds.

Been there and done that with cannon builds.I Sold one to a friend 2 inch bore and he decided he was going to shoot it in his shop and ended up going through 6 2x12s a wall and his wife's washing machine all while missing his 2 cars..It ended up in the brick wall. Needless to say he only did that once.

im worried about set back from repeated chambering. Can you put a cannular crimp groove?