• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New 30mm AADMOUNTS Available

Jon A

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2006
Everett, WA
www.aadmount.com
I know a lot of people have been waiting for these so I wanted to drop a quick note to give people the heads up they're now available. I think you'll agree they were worth the wait.

PICT0138.JPG

PICT0126.JPG

PICT0150.JPG

PICT0160.JPG

PICT0194.JPG

PICT0128.JPG

I've updated the design, incorporating several of the most common customer requests:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Longer:</span> With 3.25” between the rings even USO T-Pal scopes now fit easily.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lower:</span> The height is now 1.45” from the top of the rail to the center of the scope.

PICT0113.JPG

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lighter:</span> Despite the increased length, I was able to reduce the weight dramatically. It now weighs a mere 8.7 oz. This puts it “right in there” weight-wise with many of the lighter mounts, despite being dramatically stronger by most measures.

PICT0120.JPG

The weight reduction was done carefully of course, ensuring the massive strength and stiffness people have come to expect from these mounts is maintained.

Mesh2.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Alloy:</span> They're now machined from 7075-T6. With what I do for a living, I know the infinite number of ways a well designed part from 6061 can be much stronger than a competing 7075 part...but frankly trying to explain that makes for lousy advertising. Customers want 7075 and since the customer is always right they're now 7075. Though I will admit, this change was helpful and worked hand in hand with the weight reduction effort so it was a good time to make the switch for this product.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Anti-Cant Bubble Level:</span> This was a very popular request. Being right in the mount is very handy:

PICT0131.JPG

And probably the biggest news is I was able to incorporate all these changes while only raising the price by $30 each.

Anyway, there's more info and pics on my site, of course. They're in stock and ready to ship. SWFA should have some soon as well.

Re: New 30mm AADMOUNTS Available

I love it... any future plans for a 0 moa mount?
smile.gif

BTW where'd you get that sticker on the scope made? Pretty cool.

Great work again Jon. By the way, I need to stop in one of these days once I get my quad build together and pick up another set of rings
laugh.gif

I like it!

Now I'm going to have to find a 0 MOA base.

Jon, I finally got home , and got to open the little box. I was absolutely amazed. I must say this is one of the best quality products I have put my hands on. The fit and finish was superb, from the smooth flat finish and super strong look and feel, right down to the screws that look more like a bolt.
I got a chance to mount up the new SS 5-20HD and put it up on my new SRS Covert. Thought I'd put up a few pics for those that want to see more.
DSCF6202.jpg

DSCF6203.jpg

DSCF6204.jpg

DSCF6205.jpg

Will definitely be buying another one of these! (if I ever save up enough to buy another rifle)

wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lower: The height is now 1.45” from the top of the rail to the center of the scope.</div></div>

Thank you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was absolutely amazed. I must say this is one of the best quality products I have put my hands on....</div></div>
Thanks, they did turn out pretty nice, didn't they. Very nice rifle, thanks for posting the pics!

I have a SSHD 5-20X50 scope that I will be mounting on a Remington 700 .308 in an AICS chassis. The base will be of thr 20moa variety. Of your three ring height options, should I go with the .83" or the .95" height? I plan to possibly get a 2" sunshade or at the least a set of BC caps, so I would need clearance to mount these accesories.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was absolutely amazed. I must say this is one of the best quality products I have put my hands on....</div></div>
Thanks, they did turn out pretty nice, didn't they. Very nice rifle, thanks for posting the pics! </div></div>
Just out of curiosity Jon, do you have a taller one yet? I ask because this one is definately usable, but I think a slightly higher one would fit me better.

When will the 34mm version see the same built in level and 1.45 height? I'm going to need one...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love it... any future plans for a 0 moa mount?
smile.gif
</div></div>
Possibly, but probably not for quite a long time.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW where'd you get that sticker on the scope made? Pretty cool. </div></div>
I print those out of an excel file. I've been meaning to put it up on the web, I'll do that soon.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just out of curiosity Jon, do you have a taller one yet? I ask because this one is definately usable, but I think a slightly higher one would fit me better. </div></div>
I do plan to do different heights at some point in the future, but much like the 0 MOA that's way down the list so it'll be a while.

Is it going to work for you? I do still have a couple of the old 30mm mounts laying around which are a fair amount higher. They aren't as fancy as the new ones but you'd get a lot of money back.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When will the 34mm version see the same built in level and 1.45 height? I'm going to need one... </div></div>
It's higher on the list than the above, but it will still be a while. 30mm and 35mm will keep me tapped out for a while.

I should add for those wanting to use lighter 1" scopes, there are 1" inserts available:

PICT0299.JPG

PICT0296.JPG

Especially for those wanting to hunt with an AR where the scopes of choice are often 1", the above gives a fairly lightweight setup that's much higher quality than most setups commonly used.