• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New .338 LM AI mags?

Siso

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2002
WI
I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the new .338 AI mags. I heard that they were going to accept a C.O.L of 3.8". When will they be available? Are they also going to make new longer AICS mags? If so when will Badger modify their bottom metal to accept the new .338 mags? If I could use a Surgeon XL with the longer mags it would be a dream come true!

Re: New .338 LM AI mags?

How are they going to lenghen them? Will they still work in the old AI AWSM's?

Sorry nolo263, I edited my post to ask the AICS question in a different way. I'm not an expert on AI's and I guess there are several types of AI mags... AE, AW, and AICS. AI is just releasing a newer version of their mags. I just don't know what mags are getting the new versions.

From what I read the new AI mags won't fit in the old mag well with out modification.

The Long action stock and the mag are different I think. I just played with it for a minute or so at Shot. I think that the mag and the hole are longer.

I found this on the Tac Pro web site...
Q. I understand that the LA chassis mags will work in the AW, but does this also mean that the AI AW 300WM mags will work in my long action AICS?
A. Yes, all the long action (i.e. .300win mag and .338 lapua) magazines are the same so they will go in the AICS (chassis systems) or in the AW long action rifles.

So it looks there is only one type of long action mag. I would imagine that means Badger will have to modify their bottom metal to accept the longer mags.