• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New .338 MkII AI mag?

Siso

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2002
WI
I'm waiting for the new .338LM AI Mk II mags and for BO to make the new bottom metal to fit the new mags. Any one know how long I'm going to be waiting?

Re: New .338 MkII AI mag?

Are you talking about the CIP mags that come in the chassis for Surgeon's XL action or for the new rifle?

I would like to build on a Surgeon XL. With the current mags I'm told you can load to about 3.6 with the new MkII's hopefully about 3.75ish?

Call Preston @ Surgeon and he should be able to assist, they will be offering the CIP chassis for their XL actions and will be able to answer your OAL questions. Badger doing a DBM? No clue, no call for it yet...

We do not identify anything as a .338 MkII mag. We have 2 types of magazine for the .338. One is the original 5 round magazine wich is shorter in length to CIP or SAMMI and fits all of our AW338 rifles. The other is .338CIP. Both are available.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

tomirwin,

Thanks, it's good to know the .338CIP mags are available. I know that CIP is about 3.681". But in the new .338CIP mags, what is the max over all length that I would be able to load to?