• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 375 AllenMag

Cinch

Team GFY
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Wyoming
Finally got my 375 AllenMag the other day. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but will this weekend for sure. I think it turned out great. This is an improved version of the 375 CheyTac. I'll be running the 350gr SMKs in it for now. Kirbys test loads were pushing them at 3258fps. Here it is.

P8030109.jpg

P8030110.jpg

P8030111.jpg

Specs are:

BAT 1.55x8.5 single shot receiver
40 moa steel rail
30" Lilja barrel 1:10
APS large 5 port Painkiller muzzle brake
McMillan A-5 Desert camo
Jewell trigger with bottom safety
Cerakote finish
NF Ultralight tactical rings
NF NXS 5.5-22x50mm NP-R1
NF ACI with rail mount

Re: New 375 AllenMag

Thanks, guys! I just finished loading up 25 rounds for the weekend.

That is good looking build! I wish I could see how well that muzzle brake works.Any way you could do a video ?

Man, I don't have a video camera, but I think there is a video out somewhere. I'll look around... And give you a report.

You don't have to go to all the trouble.I was just curious because I have a 375CT with a Lawton brake.Mine is built for shooting off of bags and weighs 34LBS.I wanted to see what the difference would be.Light gun with big muzzle brake vs heavy gun with standard muzzle brake.

Thanks for the kind comments, guys. Hopefully I'll be sending some SMKs down range this weekend with it. Scott, You know your time is coming!
cool.gif

Thanks, Pat. I think I'm going to break it in on this years antelope. I'm glad it shoots far cause you damn sure don't want to pack it around much!

Thats a sweet looking rifle Cinch. What case is the allen mag built off of? I'm wanting to do about the same build but in the 375 Ultra Mag with a 1-10 twist barrel for the 350SMKs and I'm wondering how well the ultra mag will push them. Looking forward to seeing your results. Looks like a dandy rifle. Congrats.

I guess we'll see once I get her dialed in. I already have a bunch of volunteers to help stretch it out.
grin.gif

As pictured with the scope and bipod it is about 19lbs.

That was Kirby Allen, the smith that built this rifle. He was using a 338 AllenMag when he made that shot. The 338 AllenMag is his version of the 338/408 CheyTac improved. They're one hell of a round, but pretty hard on barrels. Thats why I went with the 375.

Cinch

From deposit to delivery, what time frame did you encounter?

Can you eject a loaded round via the ejection port?

Look forward to hearing what powder and seating depth work well for you.

Great looking rifle!

I second that how long did Kirby take to get it out the door, I really wanna build one of those. I bet its a shooter I got one of his builds in 338 Lapua and holy shit does it shoot.

Damn nice my man. That painkiller brake ought to have no trouble waking up the neighbors. I hope to get up to the bighorns this year to see that cannon.

rwest, Let me know if you're gonna make it and I'll throw it in.

Got to shoot this rifle today... Still grinnin' ear to ear
grin.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">WOW is all I can say !</span>

Very moderate recoil, similar to .308

The rifle stacks them for sure. Extremely flat as well ! 16.75 MOA at 1000 and 32.25 moa at 1500

Shooting 350SMK at 3180 fps at 4650 asl

Man.... what a rifle !!

You did yourself proud Cinch !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, guys! I just finished loading up 25 rounds for the weekend. </div></div>

so you only had a pound of powder? lol, great looking rifle man.

Thanks Scott and Axeman! She does tend to leave you with a smile lmao!

Did you loose my number there chief! I was out banging steel @ 1400 with my brother and cousin and that would have been a blast to watch you shoot. Don't forget me next time or something bad might happen to your precious cock pump!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Scott and Axeman! She does tend to leave you with a smile lmao! </div></div>

I found some spots with my Vector 21 that we can "air it out" up here next weekend. 2500 to 3000 meters will be no problem.

Thanks, hiddenmongoose. I got it late last summer. Between hunting season and winter, I haven't had a chance to play with it much. We will have it out this coming weekend and see what she'll do though.

Well, took it out to 875 yards, not far... but good starting point.

First round hit with 14 MOA dialed in. Held abut 1/2 moa wind.

Think it is gonna be a shooter ! Got video to post up too... soon, try in a little bit.

Chapstick is 2.75" long. The old hits are 7mm rounds, definitely tell the size difference !

375_AM1.jpg

375_AM.jpg

Looking back from target to area shot from. Right off end of pivot by the buildings.

375_AM2.jpg

That's awesome, Scott! Can't wait for the weekend!

Interesting...neat looking rifle, looks to be a shooter as well.

Sounds pretty mean! Can't wait till Cinch brings it out to my place. Going to have to get some junk steel though cause holy shit thats a crater for 850 yards.