• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 375 cheytac

RWSGunsmithing

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2006
    Manning, Iowa
    www.rwsgunsmithing.com
    Well just finished this guy up and thought I would share with the hide members.

Rifle and scope specs.

ODcheytacw-uso002.jpg

ODcheytacw-uso007.jpg

ODcheytacw-uso004.jpg

Re: New 375 cheytac

beautiful rifle. How much for it without the scope?

Hi Robert what brand mags are you using? we have been trying to get chey tac mags and they are not turning up?

That is by far the best looking rifle I have ever seen in a Mcrees stock. Nice work!

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Robert what brand mags are you using? we have been trying to get chey tac mags and they are not turning up?

</div></div>

EDM arms mag. They are just about as hard to get as the cheytac ones though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">beautiful rifle. How much for it without the scope? </div></div>

Oh, I would do $4200 for the rifle only with scope base.

Please note that the scope and bipod are not avalible seperatly though, as if they do not sell on this rifle as a package I have another rifle they will go onto.

Did I read right that the USO has a 40mm tube?

Oh and that is one sexy ass 375!!! price is aweseome too.

Hmm... That looks like a normal 35mm tube with 58mm objective... Beautiful USO!

Oh and nice rifle too.
    laugh.gif

Nice looking rig let us know how it shoots.

RWS,

Nice rig, that color rules with the SN 3, congratulations.
    What twist does your Lawton barrel have?
    How much elevation does the SN 3 5-25 have?
    Also is that a .40 MOA rail?

Cheers,

Master Diver

Yeah, that's a great looking rig. Really impressed how the whole package looks on the McCrees. Great work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did I read right that the USO has a 40mm tube?

Oh and that is one sexy ass 375!!! price is aweseome too. </div></div>

Thanks for pointing that out to me. It's a 35mm tube.

1-11.5 twist

My build specs says the scope has 71 moa of adjustments

40 moa rail

Thanks for getting back to me.
    Seems like you build this tack driver to Cheytacs specs.
    Does your barrel have the lost river bore that Lawton offer?

The USO scope is sweet but will only get you to 2000m if you are zeroed at 100m, you need more internal elevation to make fully advantage of the 375 CT. One of the real advantages of the 375 CT is that it can push the envelope
    cool.gif
    but only if your scope is up to the job.
    Many ELR rigs are limited by their optics. Your build needs a scope like the SN 9 10-42x80 with 120 moa of elevation
    smile.gif

Cheers,

Master Diver

My friend sold his SN-9x80 that was on his 375 Cheytac because it bumped into the barrel when he got to 2000Y.He either needed a thinner barrel or a much higher mount.His gun has the 40MOA base on it.

Yes it has the lost river bore.

I felt that the 40 moa base would handle 90% of the people out there wanting this type of rifle. And if they wanted to shoot farther it is no big deal to order up another base, coat it and put it on the rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My friend sold his SN-9x80 that was on his 375 Cheytac because it bumped into the barrel when he got to 2000Y.He either needed a thinner barrel or a much higher mount.His gun has the 40MOA base on it. </div></div>

Steve
    There are two different SN 9 scopes, one with external elevation, 235 MOA that will do just that and one with internal elevation, 120 MOA.

.40 moa base should be they way to go with standard optics like S&B, POR and NXS. With USO I am clueless
    grin.gif
    I am however considering a SN 9 10-42x80 on a 375, but would like to see it work before I do it.

Cheers,

Master Diver

Steve,

Thanks I apreciate i very much. My lack of information regarding the SN 9 10x-42x-80mm is what has been holding me back. I will NOT get a scope like that before knowing all I can.
    I know of shooters on the hide that had to get special rails for the SN 9, but I do not know if they got it to work 100%.
    With a SUPER high BC bullet and 120 moa one should be able to get out where only the 375 CT can go.

Cheers,

Master Diver