• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New 3D printed cans for USA , from ODL

ChrisF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2002
New Zealand
Hi Guys ,

A Kiwi , ( New Zealand ) , company thats been making 3D printed TI cans , ( ie SLS , selective laser sintering ) , is looking to partener up with a US company to make their cans in the USA , company is called Oceania Defence Ltd , and if you do a search you will find their website .

They started to make short reflex type cans ( 2 yrs ago ) , but now have evolved away from that , to more of a muzzle forward design .
If you go to website and look at vids , and go to the Glock UTU pistol vid , part way thru you will see the 3D printing layer by layer .
They will have both SS & TI models , and have the capability to make out of Inconel as well .
Soon , they will have cans that QD over brakes for 308 & 338 cal boltguns .
The dB testing is done right , correct sound meter/mic , and positioning etc .

I am waiting for the 308 QD can , and its going to go straight onto a Parker Hale M85 rifle , the wait is agonising .

Later Chris

Chris, as someone who is playing with 3D printing, what is the finish like on these units, and how are they able to hit an effective cost point? Laser Metal Sintering has been way expensive when I have priced it for different baffle designs. It would definitely be the way to go; they could even print proprietary designs for guys with Form 1s....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD