• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 6” Python vs MR73

Which wheel gun

• MR73

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • Python

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
I posted another question about two higher cap 1911 style pistols replacing my normal carry sub compact, but with work/location I’m going to be sticking with my smaller carry, it would be that or nada so

Got some money I mentally put aside for a new gun, and I don’t have a wheel gun

What’s the hives opinion on a new 6” python vs a 6” MR73, be having fun with it at the range, some casual pistol target and “combat” matches at my local club, maybe bring it along for some light backcountry.

I also heard there was a option for a extra conversion 9mm wheel for the MR?

Python

phython357readytotakeonsomebadguys.jpg

MR73

OIP.86o2Ymu-GQyTx9T3DhzkjgHaEK

The first revolver I ever shot with was a Python, I think I was about 14 or 15 at the time, it was quite the rush.
If I were to get a revolver now days, I would really take a look at Korth, but the old guys at the range say they are over priced and over hyped. A regular Smith & Wesson of any flavour would be just as good. But what do I know?
The Manurhin is supposed to be a nice piece too, I never handled one though.

I have "older" Pythons both 6" barrels. They have a cool factor, the fit and finish are great, are a hoot to shoot and more accurate than I am able to shoot. That being said, If I was going to actually have to carry them around ("maybe bring it along for some light backcountry") I would really go with a 4" barrel length. One more thing that I notice is that with full power 158 grain loads these guns are LOUD!

If you can find an older new python buy it but leave it in the box unfired. Not the one manufactured in 2020. Get a 686 to play with.

Reactions: RMB
I would suggest adding the S&W XVR for consideration, it brings 4 power options to the bench.
For plinking you can use .45 colt or .45 schofield, if you decide to go hunting you have 454 casull and .460 sw magnum. You can go from mild to wild all in one revolver. I wish I could tell you how well it performs on game, but two idiots intervened and prevented me from taking a deer with mine last fall.
I got home from work early, but a bit late for getting into my stand, so I grabbed the xvr and rushed back the field. There was a storm coming so the deer were out feeding early, so I had to stalk them carefully, there isn't much cover. After about an hour I managed to get within 100 yds with a little bit of cover from a fence line. A small buck was feeding his way from my right to left and getting closer with every step, so I waited patiently for him to walk into the clear spot in the fence line trying very hard to remain quiet and hope he didn't scent me. He got to around two or three steps from being in the open where I would have had a 35 yard slightly quartering broadside shot. I could taste the venison when he picked his head up to look around, all I needed was two more steps. That was when the first idiot intervened, my son called me to see what I was doing, the second idiot had left his phone in his pocket with the ringer on max!

The new Pythons have apparently been unimpressive.
I don't particularly like the cylinder release on colt revolvers, I'm just an old smith guy.
The MR73 has a really good reputation as being a finely made revolver.
I have been very pleased with the several 686 smiths that I own, not sure why some folks are down on them.
If it came down to the MR73 or a new manufacture python, I'd go MR73. At least until CZ can get the Colt folks to unfuck themselves.
Of course, speaking of CZ, there is always the Dan Wesson 715.

The new Pythons have apparently been unimpressive.
I don't particularly like the cylinder release on colt revolvers, I'm just an old smith guy.
The MR73 has a really good reputation as being a finely made revolver.
I have been very pleased with the several 686 smiths that I own, not sure why some folks are down on them.
If it came down to the MR73 or a new manufacture python, I'd go MR73. At least until CZ can get the Colt folks to unfuck themselves.
Of course, speaking of CZ, there is always the Dan Wesson 715.

I agree the cylinder release, I wanted to push it down, not slide it. But it’s a python, and a colt, shame they couldn’t refine those few things a little.

Thinking a 6” MR would be the best bet, 357mag, also can shoot 38 to be cheap.

For mostly a paper/steel puncher, 6” would be ideal I’d think?

Buy a SW 686 or go straight to the top:
It would be damn near impossible to top a Korth/Nighthawk Custom. Just be sure to "mentally" save harder. 🤪

Buy a SW 686 or go straight to the top:
It would be damn near impossible to top a Korth/Nighthawk Custom. Just be sure to "mentally" save harder. 🤪

Do you think those are better built than the MR?

Don’t need a rail on the gun, just target sights, gotta keep with the theme :)

“The MR 73 was standard issue with France's Gendarmerie and in some police units including Special Weapons and Tactics teams (RAID, GIGN and comparable units).

The GIGN selected the MR 73 in part for its ability to almost indefinitely withstand 150 rounds of full-power ammunition during daily range practice
Every MR 73 is match grade accurate, shipped with its own factory test target fired at 25 m(27.3 yd). Averaging 15 rounds, no group over 20 mm (0.79 in) diameter with selected ammunition is allowed.

The MR 73 has an adjustable trigger weight in both double-action and single-action modes, a feature found in other high-end revolvers such as Korth and Janz. These adjustments do not alter the strength of the main spring, ensuring reliable primer ignition. This is due to the use of roller bearings in the trigger mechanism along with extensive hand fitting and polishing of components during assembly. The MR73 requires more than 12 hours of hand-fitting at the factory, making it about 50% more expensive than competing U.S.-manufactured brands.

Cylinder chambers are finished with an impact process that makes them glass-smooth and extremely hard. The factory proof-fires each cylinder chamber with .357 Magnum ammunition generating 30% more pressure than the C.I.P. maximum allowable pressure for the Magnum cartridge. The factory guarantees that the cylinder will not burst or show any bulging or deformation with .357 Magnum ammunition developing double the C.I.P. 300.00 MPa (43,511 psi) Pmax piezo pressure, meaning the cylinder can withstand 600.00 MPa (87,023 psi), or 43.5 tons per square inch).[5]

The frame, cylinder, and barrel of the MR 73 are made from ordnance-certified, alloyed steel. Barrels are manufactured by cold-hammering. The rifling is formed during the forging process, eliminating the need to cut the rifling as a separate manufacturing step. This creates an extremely hard and microscopically smooth internal barrel surface.”

Reactions: SQUAREHEAD
I posted another question about two higher cap 1911 style pistols replacing my normal carry sub compact, but with work/location I’m going to be sticking with my smaller carry, it would be that or nada so

Got some money I mentally put aside for a new gun, and I don’t have a wheel gun

What’s the hives opinion on a new 6” python vs a 6” MR73, be having fun with it at the range, some casual pistol target and “combat” matches at my local club, maybe bring it along for some light backcountry.

I also heard there was a option for a extra conversion 9mm wheel for the MR?

Python

phython357readytotakeonsomebadguys.jpg

MR73

OIP.86o2Ymu-GQyTx9T3DhzkjgHaEK
I would not put a new python on the same level as a Manurhin, nor are the new production colts equal to the 70’s production quality. If you are looking at new production take a look at kroth, or pre lock smiths. CZ’s new production DW are nice also.

I forgot to ask what do you plan to do with it? What caliber and what size? J, k, L, or n.

collect for investment, collect and shoot, or run hard and make it earn that cash.
if you plan to run it hard and abuse it, I would recommend newer production only because of parts availability and factory repairs would be simpler.

I forgot to ask what do you plan to do with it? What caliber and what size? J, k, L, or n.

collect for investment, collect and shoot, or run hard and make it earn that cash.
if you plan to run it hard and abuse it, I would recommend newer production only because of parts availability and factory repairs would be simpler.

Shoot some matches, back country, just buying a wheel gun to do wheel gun things. Never got buying a gun to not shoot it

The Germans know how to build stuff. The French eat snails.
You can buy a "plain" Korth if you don't like the rails.
The French build excellent weapons.
Maybe you heard of the Lebel? The first military, bolt action rifle to use smokeless powder.
Or, the MAS 49, a semi-automatic DI battle rifle that didn't shit where it eats developed almost 10 years before the AR10.
Maybe you heard of Claude Minie'? 2 years after he invented the Minie' ball, the French adopted the 1849 Minie' Rifle this was LATER copied by the Americans.
You can make fun of them for being cheese eating surrender monkeys all day long, but that doesn't mean they don't make excellent weapons. They just don't use them much.

The French build excellent weapons.
Maybe you heard of the Lebel? The first military, bolt action rifle to use smokeless powder.
Or, the MAS 49, a semi-automatic DI battle rifle that didn't shit where it eats developed almost 10 years before the AR10.
Maybe you heard of Claude Minie'? 2 years after he invented the Minie' ball, the French adopted the 1849 Minie' Rifle this was LATER copied by the Americans.
You can make fun of them for being cheese eating surrender monkeys all day long, but that doesn't mean they don't make excellent weapons. They just don't use them much.
Sorry I ruined your quiche party. No need to get all torqued up over my humor.
It was just meant to apply to Korth versus any firearm that's name begins with manure.

Reactions: Milo 2.5
It was just meant to apply to Korth versus any firearm that's name begins with manure.
Apparently, you never got the word.
Real Men Don't Eat Quiche.
I would happily take either one, they are both beautiful, well made revolvers.

Apparently, you never got the word.
Real Men Don't Eat Quiche.
I would happily take either one, they are both beautiful, well made revolvers.
I don't eat quiche but thought you do. :devilish:
I did eat French Toast a couple of times. Not those little sticks; the real stuff.
Excusez-moi, Madame.

Shoot some matches, back country, just buying a wheel gun to do wheel gun things. Never got buying a gun to not shoot it
For competition a 6” barrel would be ideal. If you are looking at a budget .357 I would be looking at a 4-6” Pre lock M28 guns can be bought between 500-800 will hold Its value and there are a few parts guns out there. The model 27’s tend to run a little more.

Most people look to run the K or L frame 6” in competitions but in 357 the prices are climbing. The L frame 357 will have a full under lug that helps with follow up shots. now there are allot of built k frame competition guns in .38 available for under 1000.00

How much do you want to spend? I shoot and collect .357 smiths and I look daily for them. When I come across one I can send you the info.

What’s the pedigree of the Korth 357?

The MR seems to have the best combat history of any modern wheel gun, no?

For competition a 6” barrel would be ideal. If you are looking at a budget .357 I would be looking at a 4-6” Pre lock M28 guns can be bought between 500-800 will hold Its value and there are a few parts guns out there. The model 27’s tend to run a little more.

Most people look to run the K or L frame 6” in competitions but in 357 the prices are climbing. The L frame 357 will have a full under lug that helps with follow up shots. now there are allot of built k frame competition guns in .38 available for under 1000.00

How much do you want to spend? I shoot and collect .357 smiths and I look daily for them. When I come across one I can send you the info.

I could swing 3k, if it’s warranted.

There is a reason to buy a Python.....
I remember when I had four of them. Also had a Diamondback in the mix. Now they turned into GLOCKS 😬

There is a reason to buy a Python.....
I remember when I had four of them. Also had a Diamondback in the mix. Now they turned into GLOCKS 😬
Agreed, just not new production snake guns.

What’s the pedigree of the Korth 357?

The MR seems to have the best combat history of any modern wheel gun, no?
I have no real proof either way butt, to hazard a guess, I would say that award would go the the S&W Model 10. Hundreds of Thousands have seen action over many wars and even a few "conflicts". Not numbers that rivaled the 1911, maybe not even the Beretta M9, but I think considerable more than the MR.

I have no real proof either way butt, to hazard a guess, I would say that award would go the the S&W Model 10. Hundreds of Thousands have seen action over many wars and even a few "conflicts". Not numbers that rivaled the 1911, maybe not even the Beretta M9, but I think considerable more than the MR.

Just wondering the standards, GI issue is mass produced shipped by the pallet.

The special use groups, having to shoot 150rds a day of hot loaded 357 indecently and the ordinance steel, required accuracy, etc were what set me down the MR path.

Thing is the MR is twice as much as the python.

Anyone have any hands on experience with the NEW python or a MR73?

I cannot personally speak to the quality of the new Python, although a long time friend just acquired a new 4" model last week. He told me he was disappointed with it and it is currently at a trusted gunsmith getting reworked.

I currently own 3 Korth revolvers. A Sky Hawk, a 4" Mongoose, and a Super Sport ULX with both .357 mag and 9mm tuned cylinders. All three are beautifully built and very accurate. I cannot give you a comparison between them and the MR as I have not had the pleasure of shooting a MR.

The cylinder (caliber change) change on the Korth’s is accomplished quickly and easily with the push of a button

Last edited:
Reactions: shoot4fun
Just wondering the standards, GI issue is mass produced shipped by the pallet.

The special use groups, having to shoot 150rds a day of hot loaded 357 indecently and the ordinance steel, required accuracy, etc were what set me down the MR path.

Thing is the MR is twice as much as the python.

Anyone have any hands on experience with the NEW python or a MR73?
So, let me see if I understand you. You say there are "special use groups" that use only M73 revolvers and do nothing but fire at targets 150 per day with them? If so I would certainly think they have highly skilled armorers standing there to take care of an issue that arises. That comes out to about 39,000 rounds of target practice a year (five day weeks). There WILL be issues sooner or later on any revolver. Don't know where you reside or what you do for your living but I do know not having immediate access to a parts bin, even the smallest part failure is a catastrophe.
I will say the Python, new or old version, would not be my choice for a hard use gun. The originals have long been notorious for having timing issues. To me, the older S&W revolvers with hammer forged hammer and trigger are the most serviceable revolvers made.

So, let me see if I understand you. You say there are "special use groups" that use only M73 revolvers and do nothing but fire at targets 150 per day with them? If so I would certainly think they have highly skilled armorers standing there to take care of an issue that arises. That comes out to about 39,000 rounds of target practice a year (five day weeks). There WILL be issues sooner or later on any revolver. Don't know where you reside or what you do for your living but I do know not having immediate access to a parts bin, even the smallest part failure is a catastrophe.
I will say the Python, new or old version, would not be my choice for a hard use gun. The originals have long been notorious for having timing issues. To me, the older S&W revolvers with hammer forged hammer and trigger are the most serviceable revolvers made.

I’m not saying anything, just what I read

So you’d say smith > python for a 6” bullseye/backcountry gun?

I’m not saying anything, just what I read

So you’d say smith > python for a 6” bullseye/backcountry gun?
My back country gun is a S&W 329. If you're unfamiliar, that is a Ti/Scandium 44 Magnum weighing in at 29 ounces and sporting a 4' barrel. I definitely do not partake in daily practice with it! I really have met a trifle few back country guys carrying 6" revolvers; only handgun hunters and they normally have longer barreled 44 Mags or larger calibers like the 460 S&W.
As for the Bullseye game, last time I noticed it was dominated by S&W Model 14 Target Master revolvers.

What’s the hives opinion on a new 6” python vs a 6” MR73,

I like the new Python and did own one of the older models I bought new. Of the two you mention I would without a doubt go with the MR73. I own a new production and they are nice. I also like and own the new production Korth which to me is a little more refined than the Manurhin. The Lollar Korth also has a very durable finish.

Last edited:
it’s hard to beat a smith and wesson. never shot a korth, or the french revolver......i wonder how the french gun does in the drop test? lol.

i’m sure the korths are nice...but much like freedom arms....there is a point where you are getting diminished returns on the extra cash. and i really like my freedom arms...but truth is i shoot my rugers every bit as good, maybe even better.

i think jerry miculek is argueably the best wheelgun shooter alive. he doesnt shoot korth, and he could if he wanted to. and he doesnt shoot the french gun either, drop test scores be damned.

i wouldnt even consider a python over a smith and wesson. the smith is twice the shooter the python ever dreamed of being, and for about a third the price.

Last edited:
A GIGN member dropped two terrorist armed with AK's on Air France flight 8969 with a Manurhin MR73 so I would say it does very well in the drop test.
i’d say that has more to do with the 357 than the mr73. 357’s have an awesome record of dropping people. so i am sure that manurhin, korth, colt, dan wesson, smith and wesson, and ruger all would have been the same outcome.

best two selling points of any french weapon system...never fired and only dropped once.
bwaaaahahahahaaaahaa.

no shit, there i was.........ft. bragg, 1 circa 1993. french soldiers going through the recondo camp training for some kind of baloney....commando rodeo or some such bullshit. four of them thought themselves real badasses when they had one of our favorite NCO’s cornered. they were real unforgiving at his friendly attempt to joke with them. fucking true to their coward-to-the-core form, when they realized it wasnt 4 against 1, but actually 1 surrounded by four, and that four surrounded by about 10. and when they realized that it was THEIR ass about to be devoured, and not Jackie O’s, they had an amazing change of heart and wanted to make nice.

fucking frogs. surrender artists. i wouldnt be surprised if the guns came with a white flag. anyways...

if you are looking to invest, for whatever reason, the pythons do seem to hold their price; despite the smith’s ability to out perform them at all things shooting.

i’d say that has more to do with the 357 than the mr73. 357’s have an awesome record of dropping people. so i am sure that manurhin, korth, colt, dan wesson, smith and wesson, and ruger all would have been the same outcome.

best two selling points of any french weapon system...never fired and only dropped once.
bwaaaahahahahaaaahaa.

no shit, there i was.........ft. bragg, 1 circa 1993. french soldiers going through the recondo camp training for some kind of baloney....commando rodeo or some such bullshit. four of them thought themselves real badasses when they had one of our favorite NCO’s cornered. they were real unforgiving at his friendly attempt to joke with them. fucking true to their coward-to-the-core form, when they realized it wasnt 4 against 1, but actually 1 surrounded by four, and that four surrounded by about 10. and when they realized that it was THEIR ass about to be devoured, and not Jackie O’s, they had an amazing change of heart and wanted to make nice.

fucking frogs. surrender artists. i wouldnt be surprised if the guns came with a white flag. anyways...

if you are looking to invest, for whatever reason, the pythons do seem to hold their price; despite the smith’s ability to out perform them at all things shooting.

Their national anthem is pretty badass when you know what she is singing

They also had our back when we fought to become a nation

But yeah, one soldier guy from one country and a soldier guy from another place had a battle of egos, yes very uncommon lol

Reactions: Rooster22
wasnt an ego thing at all. Jackie O was the kinda guy that was a friend to all, even people he just met. the four frogs were being fucking assholes to him, and were about to jump him.

songs aside, their recent history has been pathetic (not that we’ve been much better since ww2). i’d like to respect the french...but they have to earn it. and to date, every frenchman i’ve met hasnt done much at all to change my view.

wasnt an ego thing at all. Jackie O was the kinda guy that was a friend to all, even people he just met. the four frogs were being fucking assholes to him, and were about to jump him.

songs aside, their recent history has been pathetic (not that we’ve been much better since ww2). i’d like to respect the french...but they have to earn it. and to date, every frenchman i’ve met hasnt done much at all to change my view.

And you don’t think we have a few assholes in our ranks? Heck go into town on the weekend near 29 palms, a few will get arrested on any given weekend for starting shit with people. Just the demographics of the job more than nationality

I will say how they handle their government when it gets out of hand it nice, the yellow vests seemed much more patriotic than many of the “quiet majority” fudds here. They do make some dumb choices, EU/immigration etc, but out of all the places to give shit to, I’d say most other places have done far worse, I’d say the average Frenchman has more freedom and fight in them than the average guy with a 9 line shirt.

yeah I know vice, point still stands, working class folks over there take less shit from their politicians than most other nations.
Compare that to 1/6, where we basically had a walk in, cops kill a unarmed veteran woman, and everyone in politics, and even conservative voters “condemn” the walk-in protest.

i’d say that has more to do with the 357 than the mr73.

Of course you would. DUH. It has more to do with the training of GIGN and accuracy of the MR73. The Smiths would not hold up to their training regime without stretching the frames.

I'm a little bit of a dissenter on the new Colt's. Colt's traced/reproduced/admitted the 3 problems (light primer strikes, no cylinder rotation, and bad barrel crowns) and has addressed them, it looks like. I bought one of the new King Cobra Targets, and I like it. Action is smoother out of the box than any of my Smith's, though the Smiths with an action job can be smoother.

It's pretty accurate, but I have a couple of Smith 586's that are more accurate. To be fair, one had a lot of work done.

Smith's are easy to work on and get parts for. But I like the new Colts. Haven't ever played with the new Manhurin's, though they look good.

Reactions: myronman3
Of course you would. DUH. It has more to do with the training of GIGN and accuracy of the MR73. The Smiths would not hold up to their training regime without stretching the frames.
so you are telling me these guys pile through more ammo than jerry miculek?

i’m going to go ahead and call bullshit on that one.

considering that your other choice is a python...you honestly think that the python is anywhere NEAR as strong as a smith? if you do think that, you aint got a clue as to what reality is. so IF that is what you think, i’ma go ahead and throw the bullshit flag on that one, too.

I'm a little bit of a dissenter on the new Colt's. Colt's traced/reproduced/admitted the 3 problems (light primer strikes, no cylinder rotation, and bad barrel crowns) and has addressed them, it looks like. I bought one of the new King Cobra Targets, and I like it. Action is smoother out of the box than any of my Smith's, though the Smiths with an action job can be smoother.

It's pretty accurate, but I have a couple of Smith 586's that are more accurate. To be fair, one had a lot of work done.

Smith's are easy to work on and get parts for. But I like the new Colts. Haven't ever played with the new Manhurin's, though they look good.
i have no issue at all with a manufacturer bringing out something and it having an issue arise.......all depending on how the company handles the issue. the issue with the python design is the single lock up point at the rear of the cylinder...it isnt as strong.

the old pythons, if you want your eyes opened, take a box of ammo and try to fire them rapidly without a break to let the gun cool down. you wont make it through the box before the gun locks up. i have no idea how the new pythons handle this.

pythons look great. but i dont consider them serious shooter guns. especially after running one side by side with the smith 586. the smith beat that python in every way. and i didnt expect that at all. i expected they python to blow the smith away. sometimes hype is just hype.

Last edited:
Reactions: RPN
so you are telling me these guys pile through more ammo than jerry miculek?

i’m going to go ahead and call bullshit on that one.

considering that your other choice is a python...you honestly think that the python is anywhere NEAR as strong as a smith? if you do think that, you aint got a clue as to what reality is. so IF that is what you think, i’ma go ahead and throw the bullshit flag on that one, too.
Yes 150 rounds of full house .357 Magnum rounds a day. Believe it or not I don't care. The Smith could not hold up to that without the frames stretching. The original poster was asking about Python vs MR73. He did not say anything about the Smith. You brought it up.

What’s the hives opinion on a new 6” python...
yes, yes he did ask. and my opinion is that i dont understand why a person would consider a python over a smith for a shooter. and explained exactly why.
Yes 150 rounds of full house .357 Magnum rounds a day. Believe it or not I don't care. The Smith could not hold up to that without the frames stretching. The original poster was asking about Python vs MR73. He did not say anything about the Smith. You brought it up.

what’s your proof the smith’s wont stand up to that? and i’d be absolutely shocked if jerry didnt shoot more than 150 a day...that’s 3 boxes. so again, i think you are talking as though your guesses are facts. i think the only stretching here, is you attempting to stretch your opinion into fact. and it seems as though you are getting butt hurt that someone suggests you might have it wrong.

I'm not getting butt hurt over anything that's you. I really don't care what you think.
You don't seem to be very schooled on revolvers.
I recently bought a SW new production and have owned many pre lock over the years. They are a nice revolver but are not in the same league as a Janz or a Korth or a Manurhin. The quality of parts and workmanship is just not there. Yes I own and shoot all of them.

Here is a good read. Educate yourself. https://larvatus.livejournal.com/tag/mr73

meh....no thanks. between my smiths, the colts, rugers, and freedom arms, i think i’ve got enough experience. i think the korth is interesting, but i dont feel the need to spend that amount of money to come to the conclusion that i’d have been just as well served by what i’ve already have. and the french gun....well, it’s french and that alone turns me off. IF it didnt, i’d come to the same conclusion as i have with the korth.

meh....no thanks. between my smiths, the colts, rugers, and freedom arms, i think i’ve got enough experience. i think the korth is interesting, but i dont feel the need to spend that amount of money to come to the conclusion that i’d have been just as well served by what i’ve already have. and the french gun....well, it’s french and that alone turns me off. IF it didnt, i’d come to the same conclusion as i have with the korth.
Not sure where the French hate comes from, think it’s just a trendy murica thing or something, but the MR does have the strongest pedigree and proven field use (see the wiki I posted) probably of any modern wheel gun.

For me the biggest appeal for a python over the MR is it’s 1/3 the price, is the MR 3x the gun of the python, don’t know.

Smith makes some nice stuff, buddy has a SS 44mag (629?) that’s a hell of a shooter, especially when you consider the hurt it’s sending downrange, but that’s not really what I was looking for, I wanted a high end fun to shoot 357 wheel gun, smith makes some great 357s but it’s not quite the same style of that makes sense. Also my only other 357mag is a semiauto

I’ll think it over some, I get some time since I’m taking some of my pent up wheel gun lust out on the stupid fun uberti 22LR stallion I recently got, miles from any of the above, but heck if it isn’t the best $399 I spend recently lol

Last edited:
Reactions: myronman3
Just came across the Manurhin recently. See some 4.25 & 6” for sale but have yet to see a 5.25”. In Canada. Got a 6” 686 and having a little less barrel might be nice. I’m in Canada and I’m looking for a 5.25” barrel. I like the idea of having an extra cylinder in 9mm. Anyone have any experience with 5.25”? Anyone shoot it with the extra cylinder? Thanks.